Well, I Just Bought This Computer On Ebay!!

Bunghole

[quote name='Elflocko' post='745030' date='Feb 6 2009, 10:01 PM']You did fine for the money. A couple of things:

A. AMD is better (or was) for overclocking, not necessarily for gaming. In the brand new chips out there, Intel is smoking AMD, but that will do just fine for you. Hell, if you were that much of a gamer, you wouldn't have any kids.

B. What the fuck is with that network card? 100 MB? If you plan on doing any online gaming, spend $20 and buy a 1GB NIC after you get it.

C. If you do plan on upgrading the hard drive, make sure you get one that's at least 10,000 RPM (15,000 is best). A 7,200 RPM drive can cause lag in gaming. Raptor makes kick-ass drives, but they can cost almost as much as you paid for the whole PC.

Overall a nice improvement compared to what you have now...[/quote]
Is replacing the Network card a simple plug and play deal? Buy a new one, pull out the old one, plug in the new one?

Also, interestingly, I looked at some of the other computers this seller lists on Ebay, some of which have dual nvidia SIL setups, quad core processors that are overclocked, have 6-8GB of RAM and...yep, 7,200RPM hard drives (although bigger capacity than mine). And those machines were $1500 or more!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='745161' date='Feb 7 2009, 10:31 PM']Is replacing the Network card a simple plug and play deal? Buy a new one, pull out the old one, plug in the new one?

Also, interestingly, I looked at some of the other computers this seller lists on Ebay, some of which have dual nvidia SIL setups, quad core processors that are overclocked, have 6-8GB of RAM and...yep, 7,200RPM hard drives (although bigger capacity than mine). And those machines were $1500 or more![/quote]

yea network card is plug n play.. couldnt be easier...

probably not a huge deal either way tho..

and its tough to find 10krpm drives.. itd be nice and all.. but shit.. they are pricey..

Archived