Titans want to trade for vet WR

[quote name='happyrid' post='766302' date='Apr 22 2009, 06:49 PM']Good point. If Marvin came out and said, "yes, we are trying to trade him" or even just "no comment," and nothing ended up happening, it would probably make Chad even more difficult to deal with.

However that being said, if there was a way to place money on such a thing, I would put a good amount of money on Chad being on the roster for opening day 2009. I just don't think they want to move him. I think both Mike and Marvin value his on-field ability more than they care about team chemistry. I've never been in an NFL lockerroom, so it is hard for me to say how important talent is compared to chemistry, so I guess I have to defer to their opinion.

The only thing that would piss me off is if it later comes out that Marvin, Carson and the majority of the locker room want Chad traded but that Mike Brown refused to sign off on it for his own reasons. That would suck but I wouldn't put it past him. In the early years, I thought Mike did whatever Marvin advised him, but now I am pretty sure that is not the case.[/quote]

If the team is indeed entertaining offers for Chad but simply hasn't received one yet that was big enough, Chad would know. No team would trade for Chad without talking to him and Rosenhaus. It's pretty obvious Chad wants a new deal so a team would want to see what Chad is looking for.

Archived