Titans want to trade for vet WR

[quote name='Mu Shu' post='766168' date='Apr 22 2009, 12:09 PM']Yeah but I wonder what the Bengals asking price is for Chad. Arizona's asking price for Boldin is a first and a 3rd. Which is a steal. So if I were a team like Tennessee, I'd trade for him before I would a guy like Chad.[/quote]

The Titans history is to not give up too much. They declined a long labored trade with San Diego for Michael Turner 2 years ago when they wanted a first and fourth..
No doubt Boldin is the smarter move - but teams with better picks will get a better crack at him..

For what it's worth, I occasionally talk to the wife of a certain Titans franchised TE who says she knows Ocho Stinko and he supposedly has already denounce Tennessee as a team where "old WR's go to die"..
Wouldn't that be justice served :)

The Titans have been looking for a WR for years, and the #30 spot would be sweet to get, but Jeff Fischer doesn't like players like Chad. It would be a terrible fit, and I think the Titans know it.

Also we would have to throw in about a 4th round pick with Chad in order to get the #30.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='766206' date='Apr 22 2009, 02:03 PM']The Titans have been looking for a WR for years, and the #30 spot would be sweet to get, but Jeff Fischer doesn't like players like Chad. It would be a terrible fit, and I think the Titans know it.

[b]Also we would have to throw in about a 4th round pick with Chad in order to get the #30.[/b][/quote]
Yeah and whats your point? :huh:

[quote name='fredtoast' post='766206' date='Apr 22 2009, 02:03 PM']The Titans have been looking for a WR for years, and the #30 spot would be sweet to get, but Jeff Fischer doesn't like players like Chad. It would be a terrible fit, and I think the Titans know it.

Also we would have to throw in about a 4th round pick with Chad in order to get the #30.[/quote]

yea, he prefers tagging DTs who stomp on opposing players bare faces with his cleats in games...

he has standards....

:rolleyes:

didnt he draft pacman jones?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='766218' date='Apr 22 2009, 03:44 PM']yea, he prefers tagging DTs who stomp on opposing players bare faces with his cleats in games...

he has standards....

didnt he draft pacman jones?[/quote]

In case you haven't noticed Haynesworth and Jones are both gone from the Titans' roster.

Reinfeld calls most personnel shots in TN - aside from the obvious VY pick, which was all Bud Adams.
Albert's face-stomping incident was before he (Rein) came to TN and face stomping aside, the guy was a tremendous part of their winning Dline which obviously trumps his anger issues...

[quote name='fredtoast' post='766223' date='Apr 22 2009, 02:55 PM']In case you haven't noticed Haynesworth and Jones are both gone from the Titans' roster.[/quote]

They did franchise Albert the year before as pointed out..

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='766226' date='Apr 22 2009, 02:57 PM']Reinfeld calls most personnel shots in TN - aside from the obvious VY pick, which was all Bud Adams.
Albert's face-stomping incident was before he (Rein) came to TN and face stomping aside, the guy was a tremendous part of their winning Dline which obviously trumps his anger issues...

[b]
They did franchise Albert the year before as pointed out..[/b][/quote]

they also tried to extend him for a LOOOONG while before he left..

[quote name='fredtoast' post='766223' date='Apr 22 2009, 02:55 PM']In case you haven't noticed Haynesworth and Jones are both gone from the Titans' roster.[/quote]

so i guess the attempts to extend him last year and this year were all just smoke screens?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='766205' date='Apr 22 2009, 03:03 PM']lol[/quote]

Out of curiosity, is that laugh because your laughing with Jason, or at him for thinking Chad won't get traded?

Nothing out of the organization seems to point to a trade, and I just don't think we're better at plugging leaks than other teams looking to trade guys... However, I could also see that things are staying quiet because they are actively trying to trade him. but are trying to keep relationships possible on the outside chance Chad doesn't get traded.

My gut tells me the team would probably trade him for the right price, but that no one is going to offer to pay what the Bengals consider the right price. I think the team, with the Marvin comments on Chad, is sending up the strong remarks about Chad staying because they can't get rid of him, but want to show a position of strength.

[quote name='mongo' post='766239' date='Apr 22 2009, 03:14 PM']Out of curiosity, is that laugh because your laughing with Jason,[b] or at him for thinking Chad won't get traded?[/b]

Nothing out of the organization seems to point to a trade, and I just don't think we're better at plugging leaks than other teams looking to trade guys... However, I could also see that things are staying quiet because they are actively trying to trade him. but are trying to keep relationships possible on the outside chance Chad doesn't get traded.

My gut tells me the team would probably trade him for the right price, but that no one is going to offer to pay what the Bengals consider the right price.[b] I think the team, with the Marvin comments on Chad, is sending up the strong remarks about Chad staying because they can't get rid of him, but want to show a position of strength.[/b][/quote]

i feel both of those are true...

it would suck, but even if he were not to be moved this weekend.. a team still in need may be willing to let go of 2010 picks for him now..

everyone within the org knows addition by subtraction is in place with chads situation.. and i would assume Carson and Marvin are leading that march in the front office.

Getting good value for him is one thing, but his value to us is almost nothing, a mad attitude WR with 500 yards receiving isnt worth much to us. his numbers wont change much staying here.. but obviously improve elsewhere, given the opportunity anyway.

I dont think there is ANY gain to keeping him here, we cant lock him out. he is required to be here and be a problem if he is kept.

[quote name='SlantNGo' post='766244' date='Apr 22 2009, 04:33 PM']lol first Pickens complains his way out of town and sucks ass for the Titans, and you think they want to try again with Chad. If they do this, talk about lesson not learned![/quote]

To be fair to the d-bag in question, Chad has a little more to offer that Pickens.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='766241' date='Apr 22 2009, 03:23 PM']i feel both of those are true...

it would suck, but even if he were not to be moved this weekend.. a team still in need may be willing to let go of 2010 picks for him now..

everyone within the org knows addition by subtraction is in place with chads situation.. and i would assume Carson and Marvin are leading that march in the front office.

Getting good value for him is one thing, but his value to us is almost nothing, a mad attitude WR with 500 yards receiving isnt worth much to us. his numbers wont change much staying here.. but obviously improve elsewhere, given the opportunity anyway.

I dont think there is ANY gain to keeping him here, we cant lock him out. he is required to be here and be a problem if he is kept.[/quote]

I wouldn't discount a trade just yet in spite of what Marvin said. Just a guess but I think they'd like to get rid of the "whiny wide receiver" .

[quote name='Patmo' post='766280' date='Apr 22 2009, 04:44 PM']I wouldn't discount a trade just yet in spite of what Marvin said. Just a guess but I think they'd like to get rid of the "whiny wide receiver" .[/quote]

yea, marvins announcements typically mean nothing. he often says things so he doesnt have to answer questions about them..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='766218' date='Apr 22 2009, 03:44 PM']yea, he prefers tagging DTs who stomp on opposing players bare faces with his cleats in games...

he has standards....

didnt he draft pacman jones?[/quote]

The Pacman pick was a Floyd Reese decision. Gotta remember other teams have GMs. ^_^

[quote name='Patmo' post='766280' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:44 PM']I wouldn't discount a trade just yet in spite of what Marvin said. Just a guess but I think they'd like to get rid of the "whiny wide receiver" .[/quote]

Oh I think we're all in agreement on that. I just think the breaking of the silence to say he isn't getting traded means the team is not sure they'll be able to, and want to start building that "you're our guy" kind of thing... I think we're totally boned if he stays, because there really isn't anything left of a bridge to rebuild, but I think that's what the Marvin statement attempts to do.

[quote name='mongo' post='766297' date='Apr 22 2009, 06:25 PM']Oh I think we're all in agreement on that. I just think the breaking of the silence to say he isn't getting traded means the team is not sure they'll be able to, and want to start building that "you're our guy" kind of thing... I think we're totally boned if he stays, because there really isn't anything left of a bridge to rebuild, but I think that's what the Marvin statement attempts to do.[/quote]

Good point. If Marvin came out and said, "yes, we are trying to trade him" or even just "no comment," and nothing ended up happening, it would probably make Chad even more difficult to deal with.

However that being said, if there was a way to place money on such a thing, I would put a good amount of money on Chad being on the roster for opening day 2009. I just don't think they want to move him. I think both Mike and Marvin value his on-field ability more than they care about team chemistry. I've never been in an NFL lockerroom, so it is hard for me to say how important talent is compared to chemistry, so I guess I have to defer to their opinion.

The only thing that would piss me off is if it later comes out that Marvin, Carson and the majority of the locker room want Chad traded but that Mike Brown refused to sign off on it for his own reasons. That would suck but I wouldn't put it past him. In the early years, I thought Mike did whatever Marvin advised him, but now I am pretty sure that is not the case.

Archived