Larson and Plackemeier Cut

[quote name='fredtoast' post='771636' date='Apr 29 2009, 01:23 PM']Anyonr remember the last time we drafted the "best punter in the nation"? We used an even higher draft pick on him (4th round) than we did on Huber. It was 2002 and Travis Dorsch had just won the Ray Guy Award and had been named First Team All American as both a punter and placekicker. His career 48.4 punting average was a Big ten record. He was a "can't miss" prospect.

His NFL career consisted of 5 punts for a 1.8 net average. That is not a typo. His 5 punts went 162 total yards (32.4 avg) and were returned for 153 yards (30.6 avg).[/quote]

[quote](akiliMVP @ Apr 26 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I like Huber and all I'm just worried as hell that week 8 Benson is averaging 3.1 yards per carry and all of the other backs are injured or completely ineffective.[/quote]

[quote name='Ogremeister' post='769611' date='Apr 26 2009, 03:37 PM']Yeah, I know what you mean. Huber is a solid punter but I was hoping for a more impactive player on downs. However, if he can pin teams deep I'll be pleased. Hopefully, he is not Travis Dorsch 2.0.[/quote]

:D

As much as I like Huber and was hoping that they's take him in the fourth rd, I don't like cutting Larson and giving the job to Huber . Dumb move,imo . Let Huber earn the job . Looks to me like a salary cap cut being done so early.

[quote name='Patmo' post='772046' date='Apr 30 2009, 11:49 AM']As much as I like Huber and was hoping that they's take him in the fourth rd, I don't like cutting Larson and giving the job to Huber . Dumb move,imo . [b]Let Huber earn the job[/b] . Looks to me like a salary cap cut being done so early.[/quote]

He did enough to earn the job in the NCAA. Larson did enough to get cut without a replacement on deck due to his abismal "punting" last season.

Archived