Fast cropping in photoshop or other program?

So... previously i would open like 80 5MB images at once in photoshop, crop, open new, paste, save for web and shrink to size... horrible process..

this time i shrunk them all with a batch program and opened then all in photoshop... but what i really want to do.. is take the square select tool, select what i want cropped, and just save it ... under the select menu, there is a "save selected" but they are still gonna be kinda big, i guess I could batch again after I crop them?

is there a way in PS or another program to select, hit save, and be able to resize the cropped part in one swoop?

seems like this should exist...

suggestions?

[quote name='GoBengals' date='31 July 2009 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1249098351' post='787508']
googled it... found a SLIGHT shortcut..

selected what i want.. and then Image > Crop then save for web and resize..

good enough for now...
[/quote]

You can setup your own actions in the actions palette which will use whatever shortcut key you set it up for.

So basically, you open your first image, crop it how you want it. Open your actions palette, click the menu arrow and make a new set to separate it from the actions that come with Photoshop. Then click the arrow (or the new action icon at the bottom of the palette)and select new action. That brings up a menu. Put in a name, like resize-save-close, or whatever you want to do. Choose a function key,(like f2) and shift or control and click record. It is now recording whatever you do and will apply that action whenever you use the shortcut you just created, so if you want to knock the resolution down, go to image size, change the resolution, click ok, then save, then close, then click the stop button in your actions palette.

Now every time you open an image, after you crop it how you want it, just hit control-f2 (or whatever you set it up to use) and it will resize, save and close.

Does that help? Probably no easier that the one you already found, but it's flexible in that you can setup an action for about anything you want to do.

Archived