Bummer...

BengalBeotch

We just found out in a meeting on Wednesday that Gannett, which owns The Cincinnati Enquirer and Community Press papers is going to axe all it's production artists and creative artists early
next year. They are going to create a "Regional Ad Building Center" in Indianapolis and in Boise. All advertising artwork will go to those to locations. They will house a number of
artists at each location to take care of all the newspapers that Gannett owns. They will also be shipping 30% of the ad production to INDIA. I haven't been on-line as much as I usually do because
we are a little freaked out at the moment. My husband has been laid off for a few months now and it doesn't look like there is much work for him out there either. Anyway, I had already bought
my season tickets (Thank God) so I'm still lucky enough to go to the games.... if anyone knows of an Agency or anything hiring a Graphic Designer, please let me know! Otherwise, I'm going to ride
this shitty bus until the wheels fall off, collect my tiny severance and unemployment. I have a few months so I'm not completely freaked out YET.

Thanks for you help!!!

Archived