Fantasy League Question

Standard scoring...
1 Pt / 10 yards rec, rushing... etc., points double for any yardage over 100 yards
6 pt TD's for 50 yards or less, 8 pt 51-74 yd, 10 pt for 75+ TD's

I start 2 receivers and a flex - we don't require starting a TE at all.

my choices are
Johnny Knox @ Cincy
Chad Ocho v. Chicago
Austin Collie @ St. Louis
Jason Witten @ Atlanta
Donnie Avery v. Indianapolis

which three would you play?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='23 October 2009 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1256308368' post='819777']
Chad and Witten for sure. Maybe Avery too just because they'll be playing from behind the entire game and will get some opportunities.
[/quote]

I have Chad as a definite. I've been playing Witten since the 1st week but he's putting up about 5-6 a game right now. So, I'm in between on him.

Knox has scored a TD in 3 straight games (granted one of those was on a kickoff return) but he puts up good numbers every game - averaging 10 per.
Collie will probably start again since Gonzalez doesn't look to be going this week against a shitty St. Louis team.

The conundrum, I guess, is do you play Collie that should see 5-6 catches, anyway, against a bad team and they'll score early and often? Or, do you play Avery who is the number one in St. Louis who will be behind early and having to chuck it all game long? Knox who's is a 2 essentially along with Bennett but gets 6-8 looks per game and seems to be the target in the red zone. And, Witten who is Dallas' #1 passing target but is only seeing about 4-5 catches a game which all go for about 8 yards per, with only 1 TD all season?

Damn, I hate these decisions...

I think Whitten and Romo will have good chemistry coming off a bye.

As for Collie, with him being behind Wayne, Clark, Garcon, and them likely doing a fair bit of running with a big lead, I just wouldn't do it.

Knox is probably your best choice, especially if you count special teams yardage, I just don't like starting guys against the Bengals..

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='23 October 2009 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1256307916' post='819776']
Standard scoring...
1 Pt / 10 yards rec, rushing... etc., points double for any yardage over 100 yards
6 pt TD's for 50 yards or less, 8 pt 51-74 yd, 10 pt for 75+ TD's

I start 2 receivers and a flex - we don't require starting a TE at all.

my choices are
Johnny Knox @ Cincy
Chad Ocho v. Chicago
Austin Collie @ St. Louis
Jason Witten @ Atlanta
Donnie Avery v. Indianapolis

which three would you play?
[/quote]

Ind is above average against the pass. Avery is a big play receiver facing a team that does not yield big plays. Bob Sanders is back for the Colts as well.

Cincy is great against opponents #1 WR's. I think Knox qualifies. Although I am unsure where he lines up at in that offense.

So...
Ocho = auto start
Witten is playing the Falcons who are in the bottom 3 for points allowed to a TE. Witten is still elite. The Boys just had their bye week. Play em.
Collie wins by being one of Peyton's favorite players, coupled with Gonzo's status. Manning is going for MVP. He's going to throw it, even though they will not need to .

[quote name='TheLightWithin' date='23 October 2009 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1256346714' post='819879']
Ind is above average against the pass. Avery is a big play receiver facing a team that does not yield big plays. Bob Sanders is back for the Colts as well.

Cincy is great against opponents #1 WR's. I think Knox qualifies. Although I am unsure where he lines up at in that offense.

So...
Ocho = auto start
Witten is playing the Falcons who are in the bottom 3 for points allowed to a TE. Witten is still elite. The Boys just had their bye week. Play em.
Collie wins by being one of Peyton's favorite players, coupled with Gonzo's status. Manning is going for MVP. He's going to throw it, even though they will not need to .
[/quote]

Where's my cookie?

[quote name='TheLightWithin' date='26 October 2009 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1256536731' post='820601']
Where's my cookie?
[/quote]

well... I'd decided to play Ocho, Witten, and Collie Friday afternoon...

Ocho and Collie were good plays...

Witten, not so much. But, he was as good an option as the others. I just don't get why he's not getting more looks which = more yardage and end zone catches...

Archived