Child shoved 2 DVD's into macbook pro dvd slot...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='07 November 2009 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1257610501' post='823693']
Keep in mind, I *think* 7 is better at recognizing just how many resources it has and adjusting usage from there. Hell, they're getting it to run on netbooks with good results.
[/quote]

hm.. interesting... if i can get a student copy i may give it a wirl i suppose.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='07 November 2009 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1257567423' post='823638']
How do Macs stand up to PC's for games? I realize that there are FAR more titles for PC's right now, but I was wondering how they perform. I know nothing of Macs or how they are rated based on hardware, etc.
[/quote]

Depends on the Mac. With iMacs, you want one with at least the ATi 4670 (although the 9400m will still run everything, just with fewer bells and whistles). That should run almost anything in Boot Camp with most bells and whistles. With Macbook Pros, you should be good for Bootcamp gaming. With Mac Pros, I'd either configure it with the ATi 4870, or get an aftermarket nVidia 8800 GTX. Those will handle anything.

Avoid Plain Macbooks or Mac Minis for real gaming (anything more than java gaming).

Archived