Not to beat a dead horse

jza10304

[quote name='jza10304' date='May 17 2005, 01:43 PM']I found it on the internet, it must be true (by the way I love how this thread has evolved)

I think you are missing the point BengalsCat.  What me and Smoov are trying to say is that you can find "think tanks" and "scientists" out there who will be on opposite sides of just about any theory.  You have to at least acknowledge that.  If cars and factories aren't polluting as much then why is the air out in less urbanized areas much cleaner than in cities?

[right][post="93239"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes i will acknowlege there is another side. That pollutants are hurting our enviroment yes. I am willing to go all the way and say these pollutants need to be reduced. But they are not causing a trend in warming air. My biggest point in the whole thing is How can we have global warming if we are not even at the hottest tempatures our planet has expienced even with out us here. Shit it was hotter at around 0ad when jesus was around then it is today. The earth goes in cycles. Do the trends they have been able to project not show you this?? i mean and as far as the internet research goes i also got a whole crap load of stuff out of periodicles and scietic journals because i did a whole crapload of reasearch on this subject for a paper in college. but thats besides the point. The earth goes in cycles. We are not at the warmest the earth has been we are about 3-4 degrees away and at the rate the "expersts" think we are going a degree a century we wont hit the "hottest" point for another 400 years since the earth has shown a steady increase in heat since 1900 instead of a spiked growth in the late 90's which should happen acording to your data.... Does my point at least make sense with you guys i understand ur not going to change ur stance until ur dead and god has to explain why! either that or we will all die in the next 50 and my point of view wont matter.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='May 17 2005, 12:54 PM']Yes i will acknowlege there is another side. That pollutants are hurting our enviroment yes. I am willing to go all the way and say these pollutants need to be reduced. But they are not causing a trend in warming air. My biggest point in the whole thing is How can we have global warming if we are not even at the hottest tempatures our planet has expienced even with out us here. Shit it was hotter at around 0ad when jesus was around then it is today. The earth goes in cycles. Do the trends they have been able to project not show you this?? i mean and as far as the internet research goes i also got a whole crap load of stuff out of periodicles and scietic journals because i did a whole crapload of reasearch on this subject for a paper in college. but thats besides the point. The earth goes in cycles. We are not at the warmest the earth has been we are about 3-4 degrees away and at the rate the "expersts" think we are going a degree a century we wont hit the "hottest" point for another 400 years since the earth has shown a steady increase in heat since 1900 instead of a spiked growth in the late 90's which should happen acording to your data.... [b]Does my point at least make sense with you guys i understand ur not going to change ur stance until ur dead and god has to explain why! either that or we will all die in the next 50 and my point of view wont matter[/b].
[right][post="93247"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

There might be some alarmist that are fanning the flames, but I think that because some won't even agree that this problem exist. Industrializaton is bad for the environment, there are too many examples to argue that fact, imo. Something must be done in order to PREVENT something dramatic from happening, is what most scientist are trying to argue, imo. The earth is getting hotter, that's a fact. The warming of the earth could be for several reasons, but the warming of the earth is bad for our current environment, imo. Whatever we can do to slow this trend of warming would help, this is one of the few issues the world agrees on.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 17 2005, 03:14 PM']There might be some alarmist that are fanning the flames, but I think that because some won't even agree that this problem exist[b].  Industrializaton is bad for the environment, there are too many examples to argue that fact, imo.  Something must be done in order to PREVENT something dramatic from happening[/b], is what most scientist are trying to argue, imo.  The earth is getting hotter, that's a fact.  The warming of the earth could be for several reasons, but the warming of the earth is bad for our current environment, imo.  [b]Whatever we can do to slow this trend of warming would help, this is one of the few issues the world agrees on.[/b]
[right][post="93282"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

See I agree with the top. I do believe we def need to regulate industry and chemicals we are pumping into the enviroment. But as for the second part in bold the earth has been warming for the last 600 years at least. That was my whole point in debating what i did. Like i said before i believe this is nature. I dont think we should do anything to prevent a gradual warming of the earth if this is the narural course we should monitor it. incease something drastic happens like a .5-1 degree jump in a year or 5 years even that would be a drastic increase in our tempature but to say that we need to prevent the warming of the earth that is happening on its own accord is almost ludacris to me as saying we should try to stop it from snowing because it makes us cold and is bad cause it freezes plants. But it is the natural order. Does that kind of help explain my point ?

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='May 17 2005, 02:21 PM']See I agree with the top. I do believe we def need to regulate industry and chemicals we are pumping into the enviroment. But as for the second part in bold the earth has been warming for the last 600 years at least. That was my whole point in debating what i did. Like i said before i believe this is nature. I dont think we should do anything to prevent a gradual warming of the earth if this is the narural course we should monitor it. [b]incease something drastic happens like a .5-1 degree jump in a year or 5 years even that would be a drastic increase in our tempature[/b] but to say that we need to prevent the warming of the earth that is happening on its own accord is almost ludacris to me as saying we should try to stop it from snowing because it makes us cold and is bad cause it freezes plants. But it is the natural order. Does that kind of help explain my point ?
[right][post="93287"][/post][/right][/quote]

By then it's too late! :o If we continue to wait until something drastic happens then we are being reactive instead of being proactive. If the WORLD'S leading scientist have the data that says that we are directly causing the temperature of the earth to increase and it's increasing on it's own, then shouldn't we do whatever we can make sure that we aren't causing our own dimise?

Not to bring back the dead horse but an article in a nature today said the polar icecaps have been gaining ice not losing it...

A satellite survey shows that between 1992 and 2003, the East Antarctic ice sheet gained about 45 billion tonnes of ice - enough to reduce the oceans' rise by 0.12 millimetres per year.

but we are still going to drown in the eternal flood due to global warming lmao.....

[url="http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050516/full/050516-10.html"]http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050516/full/050516-10.html[/url]

Archived