How long will it be.......

I found the following clip about Pollack on ProFootballWeekly.com. The last line made me think a little. Everyone seems to think he has an infectous attitude and is a vocal leader. I am just wondering how long it will take a rookie to gain the respect of the verterans on the defense?

After training camp, 4 games, 8 games, season? I am sure a lot of it will depend on how hard he practices, plays and learns his new position.

Thoughts?

"The Bengals' scouting staff loves established, big-school players with great production. Pollack has been very productive in arguably the toughest conference in the country, having matched up and beat many former first-round offensive tackles. He made an immediate impact at Georgia as a freshman and, in Cincinnati, could unseat Kevin Hardy as the starting strong-side linebacker. Or he may be used in a hybrid OLB-DE role, upgrading the Bengals' pass rush. [b]Where Pollack could have the biggest impact is in the locker room, where his attittude is infectious[/b]."

:) :) :) ... I think it will take a year for him to be looked at as a leader. That is not to say he will not be viewed by some on the team as a leader after a few games. It will really depend on how well he makes the transition and what kind of impact he has. As far as unseating Hardy goes, I don`t think that is going to be a problem. Hardy was let go last week :D ... Who-Dey all

Guest Claptonrocks
The more the players are around Pollack, the more his infectous nature will rub off on them... His ambition to excel will have a positive effect...His non-stop motor on the field will transform the defense making the underachievers finally reaching their potential... Its called playing with relentless abandon....Pollack is a warrior who makes those around him on a playing field better...

I don't think we can really put a timetable on when Pollack will begin exuding leadership qualities. It's not something that he can turn on and off like a light switch. He will display these qualities now and will continue to do so. When it becomes visible to others is what we are talking about here, I assume. I think around the time that Pollack shows up to camps with the veterans with his hard hat and lunch pail and just comes to straight work and get better at his position is when vets will start respecting his game and his attitude. I don't think you'll
see Pollack stalking the sidelines getting in the Dlinemen's face about getting more pressure upfront anytime soon. However, that isn't the player or leader Pollack is or has ever been. His leadership will be by making the guys around him better and better which he will do from day one. His attitude in the locker room will just add to the continuity of this young and vastly improving defense.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='jrandom42' date='May 12 2005, 02:00 PM']Pollack won't be any sort of leader until he gets on the field and shows what he can do. If he goes out there and makes the plays that change games or even seasons, the leadership part will take care of itself.
[right][post="91543"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah, it doesn't do much good to get on someone else until you have proven yourself on the field.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='fredtoast' date='May 12 2005, 01:14 PM']Yeah, it doesn't do much good to get on someone else until you have proven  yourself on the field.
[right][post="91546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yea someone forgot to tell the soldja that last year [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Archived