Keeper Help

Ben

I have the draft for my keeper league tonight and I get to keep 2 players, i lose a pick in whatever round they were drafted in previously.

I know for sure I am keeping Aaron rodgers, but am on the fence for the second. I was thinking of these guys.

Reggie Wayne = Worried that he has lost his step and younger receivers will take over as peytons favorite target.
Lesean Mccoy = Worried that he will not get goal line carries and the eagles like to pass.
Owen Daniels = He was a beast before he got hurt last year, but worried about him bouncing back and how long it takes.
Steven Jackson = The Rams suck ass

Here is my draft from last year:

1) Steven Jackson
2) Reggie Wayne
3) Wes Welker
4) Thomas Jones
5) Percy Harvin
6) Lesean McCoy
7) Laveranues Coles
8) Derrick Mason
9) Chris Cooley
10) Darren Sproles
11)Owen Daniels
12) Leon Washington
13) Ben Rapelisburger
14) Ryan Longwell
15)Cowboys D/ST
16) Aaron Rodgers

How many players in your league? That will affect determining which players are bargains for their keeper cost and which are busts.

Also, what's your scoring system, in simple terms?

In theory, you would determine the average draft position (ADP) for each player on your roster during drafts this year based on your scoring system. If you can spend a 5th round pick getting a 2nd round player, cha-chingg! But if that same player is going in the 8th round, you can use your 5th round pick on someone more valuable and get that player back on your roster in later rounds if you really want him.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1283454962' post='912899']
I have the draft for my keeper league tonight and I get to keep 2 players, i lose a pick in whatever round they were drafted in previously.

I know for sure I am keeping Aaron rodgers, but am on the fence for the second. I was thinking of these guys.

Reggie Wayne = Worried that he has lost his step and younger receivers will take over as peytons favorite target.
Lesean Mccoy = Worried that he will not get goal line carries and the eagles like to pass.
Owen Daniels = He was a beast before he got hurt last year, but worried about him bouncing back and how long it takes.
Steven Jackson = The Rams suck ass

Here is my draft from last year:

1) Steven Jackson
2) Reggie Wayne
3) Wes Welker
4) Thomas Jones
5) Percy Harvin
6) Lesean McCoy
7) Laveranues Coles
8) Derrick Mason
9) Chris Cooley
10) Darren Sproles
11)Owen Daniels
12) Leon Washington
13) Ben Rapelisburger
14) Ryan Longwell
15)Cowboys D/ST
16) Aaron Rodgers
[/quote]

Aaron Rodgers is a given obviously...

But, bang for the buck when you look at ADP so far this year your best bet is to keep LeSean McCoy... he'll cost you a sixth and is going typically mid to late 4th round. Wayne is going second round right now so the potential is there that you could get him again even. And Owen Daniels... coming off a 3rd ACL repair spells doom. I wouldn't keep the guy even if he was a 15th round pick. But that is just me personally.

Assuming a 12-man league and ADP values from Footballguys.com based on a standard PPC league, here are your ADPs:

1) Steven Jackson = 01.05 (+0)
2) Reggie Wayne = 02.06 (+0)
3) Wes Welker = 13.02 (-10)
4) Thomas Jones = 09.07 (-5)
5) Percy Harvin = 08.02 (-3)
6) Lesean McCoy = 04.04 (+2)
7) Laveranues Coles = OUT (-10)
8) Derrick Mason = 14.01 (-7)
9) Chris Cooley = 14.06 (-5)
10) Darren Sproles = 14.03 (-4)
11)Owen Daniels = 09.04 (+2)
12) Leon Washington = 18.07 (-6)
13) Ben Rapelisburger = 15.02 (-2)
14) Ryan Longwell = 23.01 (-9)
15)Cowboys D/ST = 22.01 (-7)
16) Aaron Rodgers = 02.02 (+14)

Rodgers (+14) is by far the best possible keeper. The only other players whom you could keep for a cheaper pick than where they've been drafted are McCoy and Daniels (+2 each). Personally, I would keep McCoy.

Archived