Bengals look to extend contract with Georgetown

News and notes
5-25-05, 2:50 p.m.
BY GEOFF HOBSON
The Bengals look to be nearing another extension with Georgetown College beyond 2005 as their training camp home. Another multi-year deal that takes the agreement past this upcoming season appears to becoming within the month.

“The Bengals have recently had good discussions with Georgetown College about holding future camps at the college,” said Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan Wednesday. “Our people have been pleased with the quality of the camps and they consider them to be the highest NFL standard. Both sides will continue discussions and hope to be able to make an announcement in the next few weeks.”

Vickie Masterson, senior events manager for Georgetown’ conference center, said Wednesday the school is expecting an announcement soon to extend the Bengals’ stay that began in 1997.

sweeeeeeet

The should move the practice fields closer to NJ.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Since that will never happen, good to hear the re-uped it with Georgetown, since most here seem to like it.

Guest BengalBacker
The latest update on Hobson sounds like a short extension. One, maybe two years.

I still think they're looking at Dayton. A new hotel is being built across the street from UD Arena. They could house the team there. Welcome Stadium has artificial turf. If they switched it to field turf, it might make a difference. UD has just built two baseball diamonds on the facility, and I'm sure they would make more upgrades if it would bring the Bengals here.

I'm hoping they do this anyway. The attendance would blow away Georgetown.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 26 2005, 12:53 AM']The latest update on Hobson sounds like a short extension. One, maybe two years.

I still think they're looking at Dayton. A new hotel is being built across the street from UD Arena. They could house the team there. Welcome Stadium has artificial turf. If they switched it to field turf, it might make a difference. UD has just built two baseball diamonds on the facility, and I'm sure they would make more upgrades if it would bring the Bengals here.

I'm hoping they do this anyway. The attendance would blow away Georgetown.
[right][post="96427"][/post][/right][/quote]

That would kick ass. It would make me hate NCR even more for outsourcing pretty much the entire IT department though.

It would've been sweet to go watch the Bengals practice on my lunch break :rolleyes:

Guest BengalsOwn
I bet the city of Dayton would welcome it with open arms as well.

Carillon park sure would make a ton of money, as well as RTA (both of my parents work for RTA, so that would benefit them as well).

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 26 2005, 01:03 AM']I bet the city of Dayton would welcome it with open arms as well.

Carillon park sure would make a ton of money, as well as RTA (both of my parents work for RTA, so that would benefit them as well).
[right][post="96431"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I drive by it every day. If they don't do it at PBS, Dayton makes the most sense. Hour drive from Cincinnati. Hour and a half from Columbus, plus all of us fans in Dayton. And Diamonds is about 15 minutes away.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='May 26 2005, 01:37 AM']And Diamonds is about 15 minutes away.
[right][post="96437"][/post][/right][/quote]

And I guarantee they would get more business.

I was reading a Broncos message board a few weeks ago, and a couple guys on there were talking about how great Diamonds was :lol:

Guest BlackJesus
I think the Bengals should work South rather than North...

They are boxed Geographically everywhere but South

To the North the Turds and their faithful Tard fans

to the West Colts Fans

to the East (Mountians of West Virginia = NO TV's)

so all that is left is good ol Kentucky = Yee Haw Fuckers

Camp should permanently be in KY in my opinion.... at least till Cleveland loses their team again
;)

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='May 26 2005, 01:50 AM']too bad im banned...  :angry:   :unsure:

i went to school with 2 of the girls who work there
[right][post="96444"][/post][/right][/quote]

Why are you banned?

A few guys I graduated with have dated various strippers from there.

I don't know any of their names though. Once I got married, stuff like that became off limits for me.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 26 2005, 01:52 AM']I think the Bengals should work South rather than North...

They are boxed Geographically everywhere but South

To the North the Turds and their faithful Tard fans

to the West Colts Fans

to the East (Mountians of West Virginia = NO TV's)

so all that is left is good ol Kentucky = Yee Haw Fuckers

Camp should permanently be in KY in my opinion.... at least till Cleveland loses their team again
;)
[right][post="96446"][/post][/right][/quote]

That's exactly why they need to come to Dayton. Convert some of those turd fans. Plus, I live here. :D

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='May 26 2005, 12:27 AM']The should move the practice fields closer to NJ.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

Since that will never happen, good to hear the re-uped it with Georgetown, since most here seem to like it.
[right][post="96409"][/post][/right][/quote]

shit they need to move the pratice facility to florida..... lmao :blink: :blink:

dayton would work as well. i think columbus/dayton would be wise trying to gain some of thoser dirty browns fans to the good side. south of here they like the bengals or the titans. and most itans fans like both, they didnt have a team before the titans, many fans there like dthe home team but also rooted for bengals other weeks, i also think we should keep the financial gains in ohio.

Archived