[quote name='ONYX' post='285682' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:06 PM']I have no idea where that little fucker is at?

He doesnt live with me ,I just send his mom child support checks and I got a
lil less than a year and a half to go until I'm done!!!!! :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:
I reckon that either.......

A. Go or somebody suspended him
B. His momma caught him making out with his imaginary girlfriend, so he is grounded.
C. He is working this summer as an intern with Kenny Chesney's tour manager.

^_^[/quote]

:lol:

Well I know it's not A, so B and C are still possible.... or D. His momma caught him making out with his imaginary girlfriend while listening to Kenny Chesney and thus is now grounded.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='106264' date='Jun 23 2005, 06:43 AM']Just to try and drive home some points, I compared Simmons with one of the greatest to play LB, Junior Seau. Seau has had a long and celebrated career that includes 12 pro bowl berths and is a certian Hall-of-Fame induction. I used a lot of math here, but I assure you it is all accurate.

Seau has played 223 games, and Simmons has played 94, so comparing overall stats is simply an unlevel playing field. In this example, I basically took Simmons current career stats and multiplied them by 2.372 because Seau has played 2.372 as many games to date. These are the average of his stats.
Junior Seau's career to date:

GMS TACK ASSIST TOT SACKS PD INT
223 1310 324 1634 51 89 15
Brian Simmons average @ 223 Games:

223 1027 342 1369 45 69 17
223 games/16 games per = 13.9375 seasons rounded up to 14. Each of these 14 seasons Simmons had 19 fewer tackles per year, less than .5 fewer sacks per year, and less than 1.5 fewer passes defensed through this mock career.
I also did this in reverse. Simmons has played a total of 94 games through his carrier, so I took Seau's first 6 years as a pro in comparison. His first 6 years equaled 95 games, so I pro-rated his last season stats to take off one game. That is .0625 or 1/16th taken off of his 1995 stats. Then I adding all of his stats prior to 1995 to get my totals. I couldnt use actual game by game stats due to lack of reference, so I didnt adjust the sacks or int for Seau.

Junior Seau in his first 94 games (last season pro-rated):

94 587 135 722 20 32 6
Brian Simmons' Career to date:

94 433 144 577 19 29 7

94 games/16 games per = 5.875 seasons rounded up to 6. These 6 seasons found that Simmons had 24 fewer tackles per year, less than .2 fewer sacks per year, and .5 fewer passes defended per year comparatively through their first 6 seasons. Truly how big of a difference is that? Not much for my case and point.

Am I saying Simmons is a Hall of Famer? No. Did I show that he has had a solid career thus far? Absolutely. Simmons isnt Seau or a perennial, thats not my point, but Simmons has played well with us. The difference in stats between this solid player, and a future Hall-of-Famer is very slight indeed. His dedication and on-the-field leadership should make him all the more valuable to us, and I hope he continues on the path hes walked so far.

For those who would like to argue the claim of "how he actually plays on the field", I say go back and watch him play through ALL of the game, not just what the replay shows...

On a personal note, I find it disturbing that I actually had to waist 2 hrs out of my life, just to prove something that should already be well known here. I shouldnt have to convince fellow fans that a long time contributor is just that, a contributor. What games are you watching? Are you really that bad off, or are you just trying to stoke the fire for your childish entertainment? Either way, its all in bad form.
These links, math, the pro-rating, and rounding up will confirm my numbers.

Junior Seau
[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//football/nfl/players/1548/"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//football/nfl/players/1548/[/url]

Brian Simmons
[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//football/nfl/players/4281/"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//football/nfl/players/4281/[/url][/quote]

Damn, that was long...

Guest steggyD
Wasn't there one game this season when Simmons was lighting up the whole field? Which game was that? I'll have to go watch that one again. I have a few boring moments...

Simmons is as solid as they get .Not as good as Briggs ,Spike ,Bullock, Brooks but better than , Thornton ,Tinoisamoa, June ,or Barber . I think he is a top 10 ROLB . Hes probably got 2 more years with the Bengals till Rufus Alexander who I want the Bengals to draft next year takes over for him .

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='SoCal.BengalFan' post='285780' date='Jun 22 2006, 08:12 PM']Simmons is as solid as they get .Not as good as Briggs ,Spike ,Bullock, Brooks but better than , Thornton ,Tinoisamoa, June ,or Barber . I think he is a top 10 ROLB . Hes probably got 2 more years with the Bengals till Rufus Alexander who I want the Bengals to draft next year takes over for him .[/quote]

whoa...June is better.

I don't hate Simmons, but I wish a better LB would step up and take his place. He lacks the swagger I admire in a great lb. WHERES THE PASSION BRIAN?! He knows the moves, and how not to make mistakes (very little times do you hear someone mention his name for being somewhere he shouldn't). I would just like to see him get really fired up for a change.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='285673' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:57 PM']Nobody in the NFL should let their best player walk and get nothing in compensation. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Actually because we lost Spikes the NFL awarded us a compensatory 3rd round pick. We used it to draft Landon johnson.

[quote name='RoyT' post='285803' date='Jun 22 2006, 06:13 PM']I don't hate Simmons, but I wish a better LB would step up and take his place. He lacks the swagger I admire in a great lb. WHERES THE PASSION BRIAN?! He knows the moves, and how not to make mistakes (very little times do you hear someone mention his name for being somewhere he shouldn't). I would just like to see him get really fired up for a change.[/quote]

As Carson has shown us all, just because you're quiet and "laid-back", doesn't mean the competitive fires burn any less fiercely than someone who jumps around, hollering and screaming. Maybe, just maybe it's Brian's personality and style to be low-key, and just "do your job". And that's what Marvin and Chuck need from him. "Swagger" and all the theatrics may just not be him. "Swagger" doesn't mean a thing, if you don't get it done on the field, and I'll take production over theatrics any game.

Archived