NYC's view

Guest steggyD

Guest steggyD

Here is what NYC thinks about you guys out there in the rest of the country.

I mentioned something in another forum about my experience here in NY. To catch you up, I'm born and raised in Ky, joined the USMC, and am currently attending college in NYC. Here is the response I hear from most NYC people, "I can't believe those stupid uneducated farmers voted for Bush."

In a class the other day, a professor asks if anyone knows where the Appalachian mountains are. Here's one student's response, "Out west somewhere." These are the savvy intelligent people who know what's best for the entire country. :lol:

Guest steggyD

Yes, I can. Like I said, I live here now, and am surrounded by it. My roommate is very liberal, and I don't have the heart yet to tell her my views on politics. I think she is still mourning.

Guest bengalrick

if you look at the map, they must think that the whole country is really, really stupid... how the hell did we get this far in the world, b/c of these stupid, hard working farmers making the right decisions in the world... if you notice, kentucky used to be a automatic democratic vote in the clinton years...

Yeah, I don't quite get the whole "We are diverse here and embrace it.  Those people out there think differently than we do.  They are not as intelligent as we are."

They sound French!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NYC: "We are so diverse, intelligent and tolerant here....I hate those stupid redneck bastards for not thinking like us."

Guest Bengal_Smoov

I moved to NYC a few years ago and man these are some arrogant people. I tell people were I'm from and their like is that down south. If it's not NY or NJ, it's down south. I'm like trying to explain to these people that there is a whole country out there and there are other cities besides NYC, and if your not from NYC then it not just down south, but they don't get it. Many NYers' feel that they stand the greatest risk of being attacked and they don't have confidence in Bush to make peace or eliminate the risk of another attack, that is why Kerry won NY so easily. They feel like the farmers from down south doomed them to another terrorist attack.

Guest BlackJesus

410785-S-1.jpg

From the article:

"If the heartland feels so alienated from us, then it behooves us to wrap our arms around the heartland," she said. "We need to bring our way of life, which is honoring diversity and having compassion for people with different lifestyles, on a trip around the country."

I would skip the trip ....for their own saftey.

Ok now on to the article......

So let me get this straight:

high crime, graffiti, impersonal people who don't speak to eachother, muggings, bilingual sections of the city, smog, weekly pride parades, flocking protesters, $ 12 cups of coffee, $200 a plate meals, stuck up art museums, praising blacks while shoving them all into slums far away from your penthouse, = ALL GOOD AND HIGHLY DEVELOPED

knowing your neighbors, weekend barbeques, highschool football games, weekend soccer outings, PTA meetings, bake sales, not wanting your son to dress in thongs and body glitter, going to Church, hunting with buddies, fishing with friends, = ALL BACKWARD

I have lived in many states and countires growing up and I don't consider myself either, but I have a much deeper appreciation for small town or rural life than larger cities.

I guess since they had two buildings knocked down that is Bush's fault and that slack jaw kerry and his fugly ass wife was the answer. Maybe we can stop shipping food to them and they will realize who is feeding them. No more dairy products means no more cheese for pizza,no more beef for pastrami sandwiches,no more cucumbers for their pickles. They can live off smog,congestion,concrete,steel and pigeon poop. And I am glad the yankee's lost in the playoffs. They think they can buy winners...HA! :angry:

That article is absolutely infuriating! What a bunch of elitist, glass-house-no-stones bunch of sorry-asses! What a holier-than-thou attitude!! Is this the way the NY Times always reports news? Is O'Reilly really right about the left-wing media blanket? I mean, c'mon!! For NYC (a part of America?) citizens to speak ill of the rest of us (OH, SORRY NYC!! Just because you're our biggest city doesn't mean you should RULE our way of thinking!!) like they did (an admittedly small sample of the NYC population) (they aren't ALL like that, are they?)..does that mean I should set a record for parenthesis in one paragraph? NO!!!!! Goddamn liberals, forcing me to think outside my little box of reality.......bastards! :rolleyes:

And Theresa-Heinz-Kerry-I-Think-I'll-Drop-John-Because-He's-A-Loser IS one ugly, elitist and rude woman. I think she swayed AT LEAST a million votes away from Lurch's Herman Munster, Talking Tree From The Wizard Of OZ looking ass!!! Thank God the people spoke.........

Guest bengalrick
they aren't ALL like that, are they

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

link

queens county, for instance, is 71 to 28% kerry... thats how 71% of queens thinks...

btw, most of the rest of the state of new york is bush country, but when 400,000 people in one county vote for kerry, it would be hard to carry new york... link

God damn that makes me mad... Honestly i am majoring in statistics and have a minor in political science. i am an adiment bush suporter. but because i am i guess that makes me some kind of backwards southern hick with no education... wtf? they need to get off there throne and come deal with reality...

I'm from the suburbs of NYC. I just want to make a couple of points.

I understand that you are all angry but, you can't judge everyone in NY, by the quotes of these 5 or 6 people.

You have to understand that the New York Times is a very 'left-wing' newspaper. It is indeed what people talk about when they say "liberal media".

The writer of this story probably wanted to write a story just like this to make himself (or his editor) feel better about the Democrats not winning the presidential election. So they go out and get quotes from people to fit with what they were trying to write.

For example, the article mentions some of the people he talked to were near "Lincoln Center". Now Lincoln Center is where the NY Philharmonic, the ballet and the opera are held. Now, if I wanted to go out and get quotes from 'elitist assholes', that's where I'd go first too. If I wanted to get quotes from Republicans, I'd probably head down to Wall St.

There are over 8 million people living in NYC and something like 21 million in the NY Metro area (where I am). With that many people if you wanted to write an article that the moon was made of cheese or something, you could probably find a couple of people that beleive that, to quote in your article.

I guess my point is that New Yorkers are very diverse. Yes, there are alot of democrats, but I got to point out that the Mayor of NYC (Bloomberg) and his predacessor (Giulliani) are both Republicans, and the Governor of NY State (Pataki) is also a Republican. Staten Island, which is one of the 5 boroughs (albeit the smallest) voted for Bush.

Are those people quoted "elitist-assholes". Yes but are you telling me that there aren't any "elitist-assholes" in the Cincy area? If there are, does that mean everyone in the Cincy area are "elitist-assholes"?

Are alot of New Yorkers clueless about the mid-west and the rest of the country as a whole? Yes, but aren't there people in the rural areas of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky that haven't ever been more than 10 or 20 miles from the place they were born where as far as they're concerned downtown Cincy might as well be on Mars (and NYC might as well be on Krypton)? Does that mean that everyone from those rural areas is like that?

I guess all I'm asking is that you don't judge everyone from this area by a few quotes.

So, um... please keep sending us food. :unsure:

Guest BengalBacker
Cool, 

I'll take a large peperoni, with a side of breadsticks... oh, and a six pack of Molsons.

Thanks, you Mid-westerners are the best!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, that'll be $7,342.26

Cash or check?

Ok, that'll be $7,342.26

Cash or check?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, since we pay $12 for cups of coffee and $200 for plate meals here, that sounds pretty reasonable for delivery. :D

I'll pay cash. All small, unmarked bills. But when on your way back, make sure too keep you wallet in your front pocket... there are pickpockets everyewhere around here. :ph34r:

Archived