General Pitching Ranting

VonBlade

[quote name='VonBlade' date='Jul 1 2005, 07:46 PM']Got sick of creating new threads, so each game I expect to vent a spleen here lol.

Fucking hell. 1.2IP 6ER. This is insane.

Is there a pitcher we have in the universe who can get an out?
VB
[right][post="109644"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hudson, Ortiz, and Milton have been just terrible. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Milton has looked decent in his last two appearances. He has a ways to go to getting back but at least it's a step in the right direction. Ortiz and Hudson have been inconsistent at they come. Hudson has registered about 10 Ks combined in his last five or so starts, he obviously is a guy who pitches to contact and just gets beat up as a result of it.

Hancock reinjured himself so tack on a few more weeks on to his rehab so it looks like no one will be getting replaced in this rotation anytime soon. It's just terrible to have starters who get torched from the jump and a bullpen that doesn't seem to be able to stop any of the bleeding.

Obviously, if you ask around the league everyone would say they want/need more pitching. However, the Reds need it in the worst way. With the exception of Harang who has for the most part been magnificent and Claussen who is finally starting to come around this staff is wretched.

Think Marvin has any interest in running the Reds?

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='Jul 1 2005, 10:15 PM']Think Marvin has any interest in running the Reds?
[right][post="109696"][/post][/right][/quote]
I bet Carson can throw a better fastball than [b]any[/b] pitcher we have now :lol:

Since hes been brought up hes had problems with his control.
Someone needs to work with Hudson and fix his control problems.
I think he has good stuff, but his control is holding him back.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Money Ball, follow the A's model and build through pitching, the Reds are selling the hr's with the new stadium and personel. In spring training I mentioned how the starting pitching hasn't been good in awhile and how adding a few mediocore guys isn't helping. You can't replace a scrub with a scrub and expect a different result.

Aces are what is needed, proven rocket armed pitchers. If instead of young prospects like Pena, who I think is the man, Kearns, and Dunn they had young stud pitchers the Reds would be contending for a playoff spot annually. In MLB you only go as far as your overall pitching will take you, defense wins championships. It takes a well stock stable of quality pitchers to win and the Reds are far from having anything that resembles that.

Maybe they can get Bowden and Pinella back and make Cincy into a real two sport town. Linder is dicking around with the Reds and it's getting old...He needs to shit or get off the pot, imo...New stadium and very shitty product with no hope of improvement in sight, honestly it looks pretty dark for the Reds. Name one pitcher who has the resemblance of a 20 win, 150 k type of pitcher??

Archived