Chuck Lorre banishes his own vanity card on TBBT

Go Skins

[url="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/chuck-lorre-censored-republicans-385876"]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/chuck-lorre-censored-republicans-385876[/url]

Card No. 397c -- titled "Censored by Me" -- endorses the president mere days ahead of the presidential election by blasting Republicans on topics including gay marriage, the war on terror and voter fraud.

"What does it say about us when a black guy's in charge and we say things like 'it's time to take America back'? What does it say about us when we think the institution of marriage is threatened by gay people who love each other, but not by idiotic game shows like 'The Bachelor'?" Lorre wrote in the card that appeared on his [url="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/What%20does%20it%20say%20about%20us%20when%20we%20think%20the%20institution%20of%20marriage%20is%20threatened%20by%20gay%20people%20who%20love%20each%20other,%20but%20not%20by%20idiotic%20game%20shows%20like%20%2522The%20Bachelor%2522%3F"]website[/url].

Just because a person is "in the business" and rich as hell, his opinion shouldn't be worth more than any of the douche bags on this forum. Hell, I wonder how many people on this forum even knew he was the head honcho of "Two and a Half Men." I know Charlie Sheen could give two shits about what he has to say. I think I'll take Charlie's word for it.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351988097' post='1176810']
Just because a person is "in the business" and rich as hell, his opinion shouldn't be worth more than any of the douche bags on this forum. Hell, I wonder how many people on this forum even knew he was the head honcho of "Two and a Half Men." I know Charlie Sheen could give two shits about what he has to say. I think I'll take Charlie's word for it.
[/quote]

sounds about right, youll take the word over a drug addict entertainer with an obvious grudge over a guy who is just spouting his opinion?

that pretty much sums up all of your posts...

while charlie sheen is funny as shit and a good entertainer, im not taking life advice from the guy...

i have a wife and family to make decisions for, i sure as fuck dont care what some coke head actor has to say about anything important in my life...

but his shows are awesome.. so i will watch them...

ps: how would anyone who watched 2 and a half men NOT know who chuck lorre was? wtf...

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1352006565' post='1176883']
sounds about right, youll take the word over a drug addict entertainer with an obvious grudge over a guy who is just spouting his opinion?

that pretty much sums up all of your posts...

while charlie sheen is funny as shit and a good entertainer, im not taking life advice from the guy...

i have a wife and family to make decisions for, i sure as fuck dont care what some coke head actor has to say about anything important in my life...

but his shows are awesome.. so i will watch them...

ps: how would anyone who watched 2 and a half men NOT know who chuck lorre was? wtf...
[/quote]

Saying I would take the advice of Charlie Sheen over Lorre doesn't mean I would make decisions in politics using either of the two. I take the opinions of people who are a lot more educated than either of them. Point being, out of the two, I would take the decision of Sheen. Why? Sheen is a straight shooter. No drug intended pun meant. He's going to tell you how he feels about the candidates with a moral agenda. It's pretty easy to see Lorre has an agenda, and can't fairly point out who the best candidate is.

The cast of Big Bang Theory have a different opinion of Lorre. I usually read those vanity cards at the end of every Big Bang Theory episode, they are usually either quite funny or thought provoking. I really liked this one. He didn't "Banish" this card, he put up a censored card because the network would have given him hell for posting it on the show. Of course my Lorre's opinions tend to be close to my own. I honestly have no idea what Sheen's opinions are.

I was watching "The Good Wife" the other day, why I don't know. The character played by Chris Noth, from "Sex in the City" and "Law and Order," said, "I can befriend a con-man, I can befriend a liar, but the one person I can't befriend is a hypocrite. You might ask why? It's because they don't even know when they are lying."

I think whoever wrote that for the script must be pretty stupid. A lie is reprehensible because it is a [i]deliberate denial of that which one otherwise knows to be true. [/i]Thus, the difference between lying and simply being mistaken. Hence, more babel from modern television which is mostly oriented to the dumbasses among us.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1352216170' post='1178179']
I think whoever wrote that for the script must be pretty stupid. A lie is reprehensible because it is a [i]deliberate denial of that which one otherwise knows to be true. [/i]Thus, the difference between lying and simply being mistaken. Hence, more babel from modern television which is mostly oriented to the dumbasses among us.
[/quote]

I think the purpose is, you know what to expect from a liar, whereas if someone is a hypocrite you are always left wondering what to expect. If you ask a friend to help you move and they are a liar you most likely still make plans that don't include them so you don't have to worry about being shorthanded, whereas a hypocrite tells you yes they might not show up because of some kind of excuse and then when confronted about it blame you for it because of something that happened in the past where you let them down for some reason. They lied and didn't take responsibility for it, and instead tries to place their short-givings on you because they can't see it was their fault. That's why it is hard to befriend a hypocrite.

Well, it is a pretty good insight otherwise. I know a few hypocrites and yeah, can't trust 'em. There are some folks I love who I wouldn;t trust in a critical situation and there are some folks I can't stand who would be welcome in my foxhole because, despite everything else, I know we'd be able to rely on each other.

[url="http://www.eonline.com/news/361781/chuck-lorre-sorta-apologizes-for-bachelor-slam-on-big-bang-theory-vanity-card?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&%3Fcmpid=eonline-twitter&dlvrit=48939"]http://www.eonline.com/news/361781/chuck-lorre-sorta-apologizes-for-bachelor-slam-on-big-bang-theory-vanity-card?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&%3Fcmpid=eonline-twitter&dlvrit=48939[/url]

The mastermind behind such tube hits as [i]Two and a Half Men [/i]and [i]The Big Bang Theory [/i]has offered up a rather lighthearted apology for [url="http://www.eonline.com/news/359773/chuck-lorre-slams-mitt-romney-with-big-bang-theory-vanity-card"]dissing[/url] ABC's [i]The Bachelor[/i] in a vanity card last week when he opined that the dating show helps ruin the institution of marriage.

"After careful consideration, I now realize that I couldn't have been more wrong," Lorre wrote in [url="http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=398"]vanity card #398[/url] which aired after last night's [i]Big Bang Theory[/i]. "My mistake was that I was looking at the show through the tired old eyes of 60's feminism. But we are clearly in a post-feminist era."

Archived