Used dumbbell sets?

Orange 'n Black

Are there any shops around the Nati that sell used weights? Dumbbells in particular. I want pairs from 15lb-50lb and a rack to go with them but I really don't feel like shelling out $900 for a brand new set. I've been cruising Craigslist but they don't seem to pop up very often, and the ones that are reasonably priced get snapped up real quick.

I have a workout partner now and we're moving onto P90X after Insanity, and my select-a-weights aren't gonna cut it anymore :ninja:

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1352923216' post='1180766']
Are the select a weights the plastic ones where you hook in what you want and when you pull up on it, they're connected?
[/quote]

Yup, mine are metal though and only go up to 25lb. Worked for my first few rounds of P90X except for a couple exercises, but between being stronger and having a partner, I need a real set now.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352923416' post='1180768']
Yup, mine are metal though and only go up to 25lb. Worked for my first few rounds of P90X except for a couple exercises, but between being stronger and having a partner, I need a real set now.
[/quote]

I never liked those. I can't say I ever used them besides messing around at Dick's, but they don't look like something I'd trust over my head.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1352923505' post='1180770']
I never liked those. I can't say I ever used them besides messing around at Dick's, but they don't look like something I'd trust over my head.
[/quote]

I've had em a couple years and so far no problems. They are just a pain in the ass, but cheaper than buying individual ones for light weights.

There are huge-ass ones that go up to 100lb and are like $600 EACH. Ridiculous.

Archived