Basically, I think we can upgrade the position for a very reasonable amount of money. BJGE had 220 attempts this year and upgrading a position that gets that many touches is a good thing even if it is only a modest improvement.

Gil's Wilder assessment.  I'd not complain about him either.

James Wilder Jr., Florida State: Wilder Jr.'s dad is a former running back who played for Tampa Bay, and he looks just like his dad when he runs. He's a strong runner with pretty good movement, not a straight-line guy, and he catches the ball pretty well.

His skillset would be great but he's a bit of a loose canon off the field. He's had more than one arrest since 2012.

guess you're sharper at that hour of the morning than i...my bad!

ok, explain to me who's fault it is...i'm all ears.

I should have said "isn't totally his fault" (I'm not as sharp that late in the day as you might think!)...I already mentioned it though...I do not think that the offensive line blocked particularly well (or consistently well, anyway) in the running game, so many times the holes just weren't there. Also in my humble opinion I think Jay Gruden's playcalling left a lot to be desired, particularly in the second halves of games or in short yardage situations. BJGE surely shoulders some of the blame for his average play overall, but I think he could have done better if things were set up better.

Anyway, again, I am not averse to replacing him with someone else at all. I just don't happen to think he sucks.

And why didn't we ever run any two back sets with BJGE and Gio in at the same time? I can't help but wonder what kind of havoc we could have wreaked on opposing defenses out of a formation featuring both of them to keep the defense guessing, at least from time to time.

Archived