Post Super Bowl Mock, Seattle is the Model

Jason

Assumptions:

MJ follows Zimmer to Minnesota

AC is offered more that we are willing to match.

All of our other free agents are retained.

I don't know who is out there from other teams, so I will not project them in this.

2 5th round comp picks for Lawson and Sims.

1. Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama - Solid pass blocker, better run blocker

2. Kareem Martin DE UNC - Big athletic DE.  He is currently graded lower, but I think he moves up.

3. Keith McGill CB Utah - Big long CB who is physical and has good speed.

4. Tyler Larsen C Utah St - Tough durable center with good quickness

5. Antonio Andrews RB WKy - Big back to replace BJGE

5. Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers - A big body WR to add to our red zone options.

5. CJ Copeland FB LSU - Former D-lineman, a big bruising FB who has shown some ability with the ball in his hands.

6. John Urschel G PSU - Interior line depth, likely PS at first

7. Demonte McAllister DT FSU - Another developmental guy

Assumptions:
MJ follows Zimmer to Minnesota
AC is offered more that we are willing to match.
All of our other free agents are retained.
I don't know who is out there from other teams, so I will not project them in this.
2 5th round comp picks for Lawson and Sims.

1. Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama - Solid pass blocker, better run blocker
2. Kareem Martin DE UNC - Big athletic DE.  He is currently graded lower, but I think he moves up.
3. Keith McGill CB Utah - Big long CB who is physical and has good speed.
4. Tyler Larsen C Utah St - Tough durable center with good quickness
5. Antonio Andrews RB WKy - Big back to replace BJGE
5. Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers - A big body WR to add to our red zone options.
5. CJ Copeland FB LSU - Former D-lineman, a big bruising FB who has shown some ability with the ball in his hands.
6. John Urschel G PSU - Interior line depth, likely PS at first
7. Demonte McAllister DT FSU - Another developmental guy

I haven't watched Larsen but I really like the first six picks. I think it's unlikely they'll get two fives for compensation but that doesn't change my opinion that this is a very good mock. I think Kouandjio can play LT right out of the box and Martin is a lot like MJ, with length and plus ability against the run. I actually think Martin is a more polished pass rusher than MJ was coming out. If McGill shows well in the lateral movement drills and is smooth flipping his hips at the combine, he's a steal in the 3rd.

I couild see McGill sneaking into the end of the 2nd.  He's not as athletic as you'd like for a top corner, but I think his height, and more importantly his arm length, allows him to make plays even when he's beaten.

I didn't think he looked great in 1 on 1's at the senior bowl. His stride is so long he seems to have trouble recovering. As you pointed out, his arms mitigate that problem somewhat. I still prefer Jean-Baptiste because he looks much more fluid. I'm still with you on Kyle Fuller too. That guy has all the physical tools plus, as you so aptly put, the "It" factor.

I didn't think he looked great in 1 on 1's at the senior bowl. His stride is so long he seems to have trouble recovering. As you pointed out, his arms mitigate that problem somewhat. I still prefer Jean-Baptiste because he looks much more fluid. I'm still with you on Kyle Fuller too. That guy has all the physical tools plus, as you so aptly put, the "It" factor.

I didn't really watch him senior bowl week, just going off his season tape.  

I like Senior bowl week most for the insight from the announcers.  IMO, except for small school guys, I think season tape carries a lot more weight than senior bowl performance.

I'd want to re-watch him again before definitively declaring this, but Kyle Fuller reminded me of Joe Haden when I watched him.

Archived