AFC PLAYOFF FORECAST

Guest oldschooler

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 01:57 PM']Please tell me the most recent winning season for the Bengals.

Granted, I am not up to date on my information in this regard but prior to the hiring of Lewis, the Bengals were the most under-funded team in the NFL.  They were consistantly at or near the very bottom in terms of player salary allocation, had half the scouting squad of the second lowest team in the league and most of the friont office was staffed by personal friends of Mike's.  I know a lot of that changed in the last two years but whether theyare even at the league average.  The most recent data I have is that Cincy ranks 13th on available cap room which is a vast improvement over past years yet is still below league average.

Truth is, you guys are fans and a) will know a lot more about the inner workings of the team than I will but B) are fans so your perspective is slightly skewed towatrds your favorite team.  That's normal.  To say that Mike Brown is a great owner is false.  It would appear that he has finally learned that to make money in the NFL, you need to win games and the organization has made strides to accomplish that but until the Bengals win games...this is nuts, I am saying the same thing over and over.  Never mind.
[right][post="123709"][/post][/right][/quote]

I'm asking for evidence that Ownership continues to be among the worst in the NFL. You still haven't shown any evidence of it. I've given you multiple opportunities to show me. I get something about 13th on cap room and continued non-winning seasons. Sounds like we are above average in spending and haven't had a losing season in a couple years either. I have made no claims of fantastic ownership, but none of the evidence points to the crap you wrote. And yes, this is nuts. You got caught writing garbage about current ownership and can't find any way to weasel your way out. Now please back up your opinion with something tangible or leave.

He can't answer that because his system is flawed. It fails to take into account the emotions of the game. For example we hired a new defensive coordinator this season. Do you think that is taken into account? No. Do you think it could possibly really effect this franchise? Yes.

The same thing holds true for New England. There is no possible way for the computer to measure how much of an impact their coaching changes will have.

This guy is living in the past of the old ownership, which really demonstrates the flaws in his system. The team just resigned all of it's core players and dished out the money. They have much better scouting, which is evidenced by the impact of recent draft picks. As long as this dude lives in the past, he will be wrong, so don't worry about him. His system can't take into account things like chemistry, which will be demonstrated in having all of our returning starters on the offense (mainly the offensive-line, only one of two teams to do so).

He can't sit in front of the computer like a geek, [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img] ask it questions and wack off to it all he wants, but come game time, it really means jack shit. I'm sure that computer would have really been able to tell that Tom Brady would fill in for Drew Bledsoe and take the Patriots to the Super Bowl.

And by the way earlier in the thread you said something like I probably slept through statistics class in college. That statement is completely false ..... I slept through A.P. statistics in high school, but still managed to pass the national A.P. exam and get college credit for it, thus not having to take it in college. ;)

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Aug 3 2005, 12:18 PM']I'm asking for evidence that Ownership continues to be among the worst in the NFL. You still haven't shown any evidence of it. I've given you multiple opportunities to show me. I get something about 13th on cap room and continued non-winning seasons. Sounds like we are above average in spending and haven't had a losing season in a couple years either. I have made no claims of fantastic ownership, but none of the evidence points to the crap you wrote. And yes, this is nuts. You got caught writing garbage about current ownership and can't find any way to weasel your way out. Now please back up your opinion with something tangible or leave.
[right][post="123771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

OK, back at ya. Prove to me they aren't among the worst. Back up your claim. I gave you information and also added the disclaimer that you local fans might know more than me about this subject so put your money where your mouth is. You have not offerred one shred of anything to disprove me and I have offerred up examples. Not trying to weasel out of anything. History shows that Mike Brown has not always been committed to putting the best team on the field. Yes, they have a new stadium as of 2000 if you call that new, a great coach and some good players but that proves nothing. They have had good teams before. Signing Ridu Johnson doesn't translate as they did the same thing with Corey Dillon back in 2001. Things might be different in the front office and maybe I am not aware of more of the details but that has to translate into wins.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 04:26 PM']OK, back at ya.  Prove to me they aren't among the worst.  Back up your claim.  I gave you information and also added the disclaimer that you local fans might know more than me about this subject so put your money where your mouth is.  You have not offerred one shred of anything to disprove me and I have offerred up examples.  Not trying to weasel out of anything.  History shows that Mike Brown has not always been committed to putting the best team on the field.  Yes, they have a new stadium as of 2000 if you call that new, a great coach and some good players but that proves nothing.  They have had good teams before.  Signing Ridu Johnson doesn't translate as they did the same thing with Corey Dillon back in 2001.  Things might be different in the front office and maybe I am not aware of more of the details but that has to translate into wins.
[right][post="123856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Your own examples disprove your claim, not support your claim.

[b]1) The Bengals have not had a losing season since 2002 (only 11 teams total can say that)
2) The Bengals apparently rank 13th in salary cap spending (more than 19 teams, eh?)[/b]
3) The Bengals have a great coaching staff
4) The Bengals are the last team to have a number 1 pick signed before the draft
5) The Bengals have gotten 5 year contracts out of their 2nd and 3rd round picks
6) The Bengals haven't had a single player hold out for a contract renegotiation in recent years
7) The Bengals have rewarded the guys who play hard and told the rest to hit the road
8) The Bengals have a new stadium with even newer field turf

Those all seem like very obvious points that the Bengals are not "among the worst ownership in the league." *edited out the nasties. you aren't worth the flamewar*

Here's the deal: The Bengals spend the money, improve the surroundings, proactively sign their qb of the future, gather quality coaches and players, keep their players happy enough to not sit out of camps, keep the fans happy enough to sell out for the season, and perform as well or better than 2/3's of the entire NFL over the past two seasons. I make no claim that it is the best front office in the land, but you are cracked to call that performance among the worst. It's just a stupid quip with no basis in reality. You said something dumb and got burned. Show some integrity and admit it.

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Aug 3 2005, 06:26 PM']Your own examples disprove your claim, not support your claim.

[b]1) The Bengals have not had a losing season since 2002 (only 11 teams total can say that)
2) The Bengals apparently rank 13th in salary cap spending (more than 19 teams, eh?)[/b]
3) The Bengals have a great coaching staff
4) The Bengals are the last team to have a number 1 pick signed before the draft
5) The Bengals have gotten 5 year contracts out of their 2nd and 3rd round picks
6) The Bengals haven't had a single player hold out for a contract renegotiation in recent years
7) The Bengals have rewarded the guys who play hard and told the rest to hit the road
8) The Bengals have a new stadium with even newer field turf
Those all seem like very obvious points that the Bengals are not "among the worst ownership in the league." *edited out the nasties. you aren't worth the flamewar*

Here's the deal: The Bengals spend the money, improve the surroundings, proactively sign their qb of the future, gather quality coaches and players, keep their players happy enough to not sit out of camps, keep the fans happy enough to sell out for the season, and perform as well or better than 2/3's of the entire NFL over the past two seasons. I make no claim that it is the best front office in the land, but you are cracked to call that performance among the worst. It's just a stupid quip with no basis in reality. You said something dumb and got burned. Show some integrity and admit it.
[right][post="123946"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://www.starman417.com/Owned%20Baby.jpg[/img]

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:15 PM'][img]http://www.starman417.com/Owned%20Baby.jpg[/img]
[right][post="124069"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Apparently so. Guess when faced with admitting he was wrong, he chose to run away... What an absolutely stupid thing for him to have said. He had legitimate concerns on the defensive side of the ball to bring up, but decided to re-use that tired ownership garbage instead. Way to sound three years ago, hombre. Bet he's jamming out to that new Allanis Morrisette album that came out ten years ago...

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Aug 4 2005, 01:55 PM']Apparently so. Guess when faced with admitting he was wrong, he chose to run away... What an absolutely stupid thing for him to have said. He had legitimate concerns on the defensive side of the ball to bring up, but decided to re-use that tired ownership garbage instead. Way to sound three years ago, hombre. [b]Bet he's jamming out to that new Allanis Morrisette album that came out ten years ago[/b]...
[right][post="124511"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah but their selling the Acoustic version at Starbucks and if you've not heard it, its new to you. :P

Guest mongoloido
Rofl. This dude is pretty sorry. I just stopped by his forums... he is the only registered user and not a single forum has a post in it. Why oh why did I waste my time with the opinion of this zero?

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Aug 5 2005, 12:12 AM']Rofl. This dude is pretty sorry. I just stopped by his forums... he is the only registered user and not a single forum has a post in it. Why oh why did I waste my time with the opinion of this zero?
[right][post="124978"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He probably had many users at one time then deleted their accounts and posts and created himself several accounts, and spent time perfecting his karate swim moves.

Archived