AFC PLAYOFF FORECAST

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:59 AM']If you would READ the original post it says Cincy has a 14% chance of winning 10 games.  10 games.  That would be HIGHER than 8.  It has Cincy ranked just a tad below the Jets who went pretty far in the playoffs last year, didn't they?

I only use StatShark data as part of my information when picking BETS.  Bets involving a lot of people's money.  Do you think I am going to recommend to my subscribers that they bet money because Cincy COULD win 9 games?  No.  No one would.  Does that mean that Cincy WON'T win 9 or 10 games?  Of course it doesn't.  There is a huge difference between rooting for your team and placing money on the line.

Saying that the Bengals have a history of bad ownership is not a cheap shot so stop taking it personally.  Again, I said several times that Cincy has the talent to WIN THE DIVISION but until they go over .500, its all dreaming.  This year I think that they WILL go over .500 and that they have a decent shot at making the playoffs.  If the Bengals were in the NFC, they would probably win whatever division they were in and rank just behind the Eagles.  Then again, I also think that the Cardinals will go over .500 this year too.  But would I BET on that?  No. 

So if you don't want me to post here, STOP REPLYING TO THE THREAD!!!

BENGLASCAT: schedual is spelled "schedule."  You might want to use the "spellcheck" feature before you start calling people "dumb."  Better to be thought a dumbass then to open your mouth and prove it.
[right][post="123663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

its "better to let people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 12:59 PM']If you would READ the original post it says Cincy has a 14% chance of winning 10 games.  10 games.  That would be HIGHER than 8.  It has Cincy ranked just a tad below the Jets who went pretty far in the playoffs last year, didn't they?

I only use StatShark data as part of my information when picking BETS.  Bets involving a lot of people's money.  Do you think I am going to recommend to my subscribers that they bet money because Cincy COULD win 9 games?  No.  No one would.  Does that mean that Cincy WON'T win 9 or 10 games?  Of course it doesn't.  There is a huge difference between rooting for your team and placing money on the line.

Saying that the Bengals have a history of bad ownership is not a cheap shot so stop taking it personally.  Again, I said several times that Cincy has the talent to WIN THE DIVISION but until they go over .500, its all dreaming.  This year I think that they WILL go over .500 and that they have a decent shot at making the playoffs.  If the Bengals were in the NFC, they would probably win whatever division they were in and rank just behind the Eagles.  Then again, I also think that the Cardinals will go over .500 this year too.  But would I BET on that?  No. 

BENGLASCAT: schedual is spelled "schedule."  You might want to use the "spellcheck" feature before you start calling people "dumb."  Better to be thought a dumbass then to open your mouth and prove it.
[right][post="123663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Its called I dont give a shit asshat!!!!!!!!! I probly have a better understand of statistics that you and ur the one giving bullshit handicapping advice my friend not me. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
why ignore my post... HOW DID YOU FIND THIS WEBSITE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think monogloide hit the nail on the head, but either you will ignore me again (and we'll believe whatever the fuck we want) or you'll tell us... either way, nice try to get your website going [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote]Question for you: how many web sites are totally devoted to having thier team owner removed?
Answer: One. Check out MikeBrownSucks.com. Maybe you should flame them instead[/quote]

hmmm makes me wonder if we can put up dansnyderisafootballruiningdouche.com, then maybe my NFC team would get a clue.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:13 AM']why ignore my post... HOW DID YOU FIND THIS WEBSITE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think monogloide hit the nail on the head, but either you will ignore me again (and we'll believe whatever the fuck we want) or you'll tell us... either way, nice try to get your website going [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
[right][post="123673"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sorry, in all the crap being flung around I missed your original post, my bad. I found this post by doing a Google search. It would be nice to get my sportsdog site going, true, but I don't really care. I put it up there for the fun of it. I like talking smack (in case you didn't pick up on that already).

StatShark.com is already a content provider for Yahoo (and the 2nd largest sports site online which they asked me not to mention till the ink is dry on the deal), not to mention about a dozen newspapers so they don't really need your help.

I don't work

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 12:29 PM']Sorry, in all the crap being flung around I missed your original post, my bad.  I found this post by doing a Google search.  It would be nice to get my sportsdog site going, true, but I don't really care.  I put it up there for the fun of it.  I like talking smack (in case you didn't pick up on that already).

StatShark.com is already a content provider for Yahoo (and the 2nd largest sports site online which they asked me not to mention till the ink is dry on the deal), not to mention about a dozen newspapers so they don't really need your help.

I don't work
[right][post="123685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

thanks... my original intent was to really find out how you found it... i found it strange you were ignoring it... oh well, good luck w/ your site... besides the brown comment (2 years ago i'd agree) i agree w/ what you've said... i can definatly see us winning more than 10 games (if the stars allign) b/c of the improvements on defense and the semi-weak schedule...

are you taking into account SOS?

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:29 AM']Sorry, in all the crap being flung around I missed your original post, my bad.  I found this post by doing a Google search.  It would be nice to get my sportsdog site going, true, but I don't really care.  I put it up there for the fun of it.  I like talking smack (in case you didn't pick up on that already).

I don't work
[right][post="123685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sorry, I got a phone call and was distracted and posted the reply before I finished writing.

"I dont work..." for StatShark, per ce, but use thier service for my handicapping. I also use other stats and historical data to make my game predictions. I helped them beta test the tools last season so I get to use thier tools for free this year as long as I mention them. I did not write the article in question but I added snippets to it, among them questioning the ownership of the Bengals which seems to have annoyed all of you to no end. As I said before, Mike Brown seems to be a different guy than he has been in the past but until that translates to a +.500 season, I stick by my judgement. However, I have predicted that the Bengals will go above .500 this year and possibly make the playoffs. With that said, I have predicted that in the past and been wrong so who knows?

Here is what I said:
Year three of Marvin Lewis has the Bengals full of hope. I swear I have written this before. Several times before. Will this season be different? Hard for me to buy in on improvement when Cincy still has among the worst ownership in the league. Yet, a strong rushing game and burgeoning passing attack with Johnson and Johnson give the hope some credence.

A new stadium is about increased revenues with luxury suites, etc. They have some great players starting with Palmer and the Johnsons but they have had great players in the past. All signs point to the Bengals moving up, but that doesn't mean they will. That doesn't mean they won't either. We can talk again around week 14.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 12:59 PM']Saying that the Bengals have a history of bad ownership is not a cheap shot so stop taking it personally.[/quote]

Your post says they have a continuing history of bad ownership that you absolutely cannot backup.

are you taking into account SOS?
[right][post="123690"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Strength of Schedule? Yes I do but StatShark actually goes beyond that and incorporates 29 different team weighting mechanisms. For example, the Chargers will not have as good a year this year as last and they may not even win the division. Again, StatShark provides probabilities, not "yes or no" answers. It really comes into play if you bet on the games or play fantasy sports.

Anyhow, thanks for being objective and by the way, I have Chad Johnson as a keeper in 2 of my fantasy teams so I REALLY hope Cincy kicks ass this year.

PS
Getting rid of Corey Dillon was the best move the Bengals have made in decades. Great player but too disruptive to the team chemistry. I think that will really have a bigger impact this year then last.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 01:39 PM']...A new stadium is about increased revenues with luxury suites, etc.  They have some great players starting with Palmer and the Johnsons but they have had great players in the past.  All signs point to the Bengals moving up, but that doesn't mean they will.  That doesn't mean they won't either.  We can talk again around week 14.
[right][post="123693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Stadiums, ticket sales, coaching staffs, drafts, contracts, etc.... are all about this supposed terrible ownership we are still plagued with. Your opinions on ownership have no basis in reality.

Show me the last time we had a great quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and offensive line...

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:59 AM']If you would READ the original post it says Cincy has a 14% chance of winning 10 games.  10 games.  That would be HIGHER than 8.  It has Cincy ranked just a tad below the Jets who went pretty far in the playoffs last year, didn't they?

[b]BENGLASCAT: schedual is spelled "schedule."  You might want to use the "spellcheck" feature before you start calling people "dumb."  Better to be thought a dumbass then to open your mouth and prove it.
[right][post="123663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote][/b]

actually guy, you might wanna check your spelling before you attempt to hammer someone else for theirs! *ITS BENGALSCAT not BENGLASCAT* [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:40 AM']Your post says they have a continuing history of bad ownership that you absolutely cannot backup.
[right][post="123696"][/post][/right][/quote]

Please tell me the most recent winning season for the Bengals.

Granted, I am not up to date on my information in this regard but prior to the hiring of Lewis, the Bengals were the most under-funded team in the NFL. They were consistantly at or near the very bottom in terms of player salary allocation, had half the scouting squad of the second lowest team in the league and most of the friont office was staffed by personal friends of Mike's. I know a lot of that changed in the last two years but whether theyare even at the league average. The most recent data I have is that Cincy ranks 13th on available cap room which is a vast improvement over past years yet is still below league average.

Truth is, you guys are fans and a) will know a lot more about the inner workings of the team than I will but B) are fans so your perspective is slightly skewed towatrds your favorite team. That's normal. To say that Mike Brown is a great owner is false. It would appear that he has finally learned that to make money in the NFL, you need to win games and the organization has made strides to accomplish that but until the Bengals win games...this is nuts, I am saying the same thing over and over. Never mind.

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 01:57 PM']Please tell me the most recent winning season for the Bengals.

Granted, I am not up to date on my information in this regard but prior to the hiring of Lewis, the Bengals were the most under-funded team in the NFL.  They were consistantly at or near the very bottom in terms of player salary allocation, had half the scouting squad of the second lowest team in the league and most of the friont office was staffed by personal friends of Mike's.  I know a lot of that changed in the last two years but whether theyare even at the league average.  The most recent data I have is that Cincy ranks 13th on available cap room which is a vast improvement over past years yet is still below league average.

Truth is, you guys are fans and a) will know a lot more about the inner workings of the team than I will but B) are fans so your perspective is slightly skewed towatrds your favorite team.  That's normal.  To say that Mike Brown is a great owner is false.  It would appear that he has finally learned that to make money in the NFL, you need to win games and the organization has made strides to accomplish that but until the Bengals win games...this is nuts, I am saying the same thing over and over.  Never mind.
[right][post="123709"][/post][/right][/quote]

No he is not a Great owner but he has made a better effort since marvin has joined the orgination to get us out of our rut.

Mike brown made some bad coaching apointments previousely but he is rectifying it all with marvin lewis

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:49 AM'][/b]

actually guy, you might wanna check your spelling before you attempt to hammer someone else for theirs!  *ITS BENGALSCAT not BENGLASCAT*  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
[right][post="123706"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ouch!!!!

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:04 AM']No he is not a Great owner but  he has made a better effort  since marvin has joined the orgination to get us out of our rut.

Mike brown made some bad coaching apointments previousely but he is rectifying it all with marvin lewis
[right][post="123712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree with you 100% but the proof will be at the end of the season when you tally the wins and losses.

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:57 AM']Please tell me the most recent winning season for the Bengals.....

[right][post="123709"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

And so automatically the Bengals could never win? You sound like you write for Street & Smiths. I believe in the Law of Averages. This law says the Bengals are seriously due. Stay tuned.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:49 AM'][/b]

actually guy, you might wanna check your spelling before you attempt to hammer someone else for theirs!  *ITS BENGALSCAT not BENGLASCAT*  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
[right][post="123706"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It was a joke brainiac....I wrote "Bengal Scat"...

The dictionary defines it as:
scat n. Excrement, especially of an animal; dung.

In other words, scat=shit. Once again, better to be thought a dumbass.....

*news flash*

-this isn't an english assignment and "bengal-scat" is spelled exactly the same way as "bengals-cat," when no spaces are involved... but somehow you still managed to fuck that one up, good job buddy [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

once again, better to be thought a fool... than to be a dumbass named "sportsdog" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:16 AM']*news flash*

-this isn't an english assignment and "bengal-scat" is spelled exactly the same way as "bengals-cat" when no spaces are involved... but somehow you still managed to fuck that one up, good job buddy [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

better to be thought a fool... than to be a dumbass named "sportsdog"  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
[right][post="123725"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Damn! You are right. Ya nailed me. Then again, you have to be cool to be from Durka Durkastan so I'll give you props. I still might put a jihad on you though.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 06:17 AM']Oh my, have I offended the Brown family?  This is the Doctor (forced to change my persona to SportsDog so as not to conflict with Doc Sports)  and hey...wake up.  I am not saying the Bengals will be bad but please people...how many times I can count when I thought the Bengals had FINALLY turned the corner only to watch them implode around mid-season.  I would love nothing more than Cincy to come up to the plate and they have the talent on the field to do it but they have had that talent before and come up short.  I hope this year is different but I will be skeptical until proven otherwise.

As for [url="http://www.statshark.com"]StatShark.com[/url], this stuff is pretty cool.  You should check them out.  You apparently missed the data that said Cincy has a 14% chance of winning 10 games.  If you think the Bengals are going to win more than 10 games, you are seriously on the pipe.  The idea is not to "play the season on paper" as one genius wrote but to show the statistical probability of events occurring.  Then again he probably slept through statistics class in college anyway.  I am a pro handicapper (please buy my picks on Vegas Insider starting at the end of August, I need the dough) and I use StatShark.com as a reference tool only, not the bible.  I got lucky enough to be in their Beta program in exchange for writing snippets but I think the public version of their tools will be available in a week or two.

And no, these guys are not from Pittsburgh.  If you had actually READ the forecast you would have seen that they didn't even pick Pittsburgh to win the division this year.  Then again, reading may not be your strong suit.

Bow wow wow

PS
Feel fee to flame me on my message boards.  I just launched them an hour ago and I need posts.  ha ha.  [url="http://www.sportsdog.net"]www.sportsdog.net[/url]
[right][post="123537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/537386~ab40b5ee94602891771f98ca4c2e1ff6/asshat.jpg[/img]

[quote name='SportsDog' date='Aug 3 2005, 01:10 PM']It was a joke brainiac....I wrote "Bengal Scat"...

The dictionary defines it as:
scat  n.    Excrement, especially of an animal; dung.

In other words, scat=shit.  Once again, better to be thought a dumbass.....
[right][post="123722"][/post][/right][/quote]

WOW :blink: , you really do need a druel-bib! :rolleyes: it was a nice effort though... cuddly wuddly teddy bear

still trying to figure out anyone with even a 5th grade education misspells bengal

:ninja:

I see everyone has resorted to the old tried and true method....
YOU CAN'T SPELLELL NA-NANA-NANA-NA!!!

It's funny how all arguments eventually use this impregnable method.
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img] :huh: :ninja:

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:46 AM']spelling errors don't matter... we're on a football board, not english class....

nice job pointing that out sean :D
[right][post="123747"][/post][/right][/quote]

Oh come on, the "scat" thing was funny. I know you laughed.... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Archived