Jim Davis Explains Why Garfield Loves Lasagna and Hates Mondays and Why People Love Garfield

Go Skins

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nell-minow/jim-davis-explains-why-ga_b_6094892.html

Like Garfield, Davis is a fan of lasagne. "Yeah, I love lasagne. I thought it would be funny to have a cat who likes lasagne but as it turns out, I hear from people all the time that their cats love lasagne." And he confessed that even though Jon loves Odie, too, Garfield is his favorite "because of the depth of their relationship. He confides in Garfield so much. and I think Jon may have a little masochistic problem. He enjoys the abuse that Garfield heaps up."

I have always wondered why Garfield hates Mondays when every day is pretty much the same for him, but Davis had the answer. "Garfield does not have a job, Garfield does not go to school and every day is the same. Nevertheless every Monday is just a reminder that his life is the same old, same old cycling again and for some reason even though his life is pretty much the same every day on Mondays specifically, awful things tend to happen to him physically."

Archived