Wilkerson Waived

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:56 PM']Since when can someone not correct themselves?

And I can see why he got mad, he's got people on the outside of the organization arguing with him when he's connected to the inside.  It's stupid.  [b]And when people are bringing up pre draft position rankings from magazines as a reason why someone will be good[/b], I can understand why he thinks that fans are ign0rant.
[right][post="121540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Why wouldnt the rest of the country know what they were talking about????? If most people had him at the top of there board at center before injury that would say something about the talent of the player....

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:41 PM']Why wouldnt the rest of the country know what they were talking about????? If most people had him at the top of there board at center before injury that would say something about the talent of the player....
[right][post="121579"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no it doesn't.... go back and look through alllllll the rankings and I'm sure you can find plenty of busts. predraft rankings don't mean SHIT. they don't even mean SHIT when it comes to the draft itself, not even whether they'll be good in the NFL.

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jul 29 2005, 05:41 PM']Why wouldnt the rest of the country know what they were talking about????? If most people had him at the top of there board at center before injury that would say something about the talent of the player....
[right][post="121579"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Agreed. Plus he has never played an NFL game, so what other basis would we have to go on????

He was a dominate player in college, I watched him a couple of times. To me it looked like this injury was going to take a lot longer to heal than the team had hoped.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jul 29 2005, 05:44 PM']no it doesn't.... go back and look through alllllll the rankings and I'm sure you can find plenty of busts.  predraft rankings don't mean SHIT.  they don't even mean SHIT when it comes to the draft itself, not even whether they'll be good in the NFL.
[right][post="121580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

HAHAHA yeah but your still going to draft them high because they have talent and they dominated in college. HE won the fucking award for best center for gods sake.. but nahh ur right man he sucked a ton of ass what was i thinking... thinking he could be a good prospect comming out of a good school...... thats just crazy talk.

The reason it seems to me why they let him go is because his injury is gonna take to long to heal not because he wasnt talented.

You realize, of course, that Wilkerson is [i]so good[/i] that someone will [b]HAVE[/b] to pick him up off of waivers.

Where is BJ? I find his absence here a little interesting...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Wilkerson is staying [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img] , he'll be the starter in 07'.

[quote]The news release issued earlier today on the roster status of center Ben Wilkerson was incorrect. Rather than being waived (failed physical), Wilkerson was placed on the active/non-football injury list. Wilkerson remains with the team at training camp, but has not yet been cleared for practice as he continues rehab from a major knee injury he suffered last season while at LSU. He is eligible to be cleared for play as soon as his physical condition allows[/quote]

A kid of his talent can't be let go because he's not healthy yet,.

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:46 PM']HAHAHA yeah but your still going to draft them high because they have talent and they dominated in college. HE won the fucking award for best center for gods sake.. but nahh ur right man he sucked a ton of ass what was i thinking... thinking he could be a good prospect comming out of a good school...... thats just crazy talk.

The reason it seems to me why they let him go is because his injury is gonna take to long to heal not because he wasnt talented.
[right][post="121584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Just curious. Do sportswriters vote for that award, or do NFL Scouts vote for it? I think it's the first one.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:46 PM']HAHAHA yeah but your still going to draft them high because they have talent and they dominated in college. HE won the fucking award for best center for gods sake.. but nahh ur right man he sucked a ton of ass what was i thinking... thinking he could be a good prospect comming out of a good school...... thats just crazy talk.

[right][post="121584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Akili Smith was like the 3rd rated QB coming out of the class. Tim Couch was obviously up there too. How'd those 2 pan out? Or Brian Bosworth? Or Ryan Leaf? I bet they were all ranked pretty fucking high in the pre-draft rankings.

Archived