Pulling for rookie TE

Hey All,
just wanted to let you know that I am really pulling for a rookie free agent TE Lyonel Anderson from Kansas. He is from up here in Rochester and my sister met him and said he was an extremely nice guy and said he has always dreamed of playing in the NFL and the Bengals have granted him that wish and he is grateful. It's guys like this, who want to be in the league more than anything in the world, that make the league so fun to watch. I wish him the best of luck, and I pray to god he makes it onto our boys in orange and black. I think it would be the coolest thing in the world, to have a guy from Rochester on the greatest team in the world! Good luck Lyonel, the entire town of Rochester is behind you!
:D

From Bengals.com

46 Lyonel Anderson
Career Stats
Position: TE
Height: 6-3
Weight: 256
Birthdate: 8/20/1982
College: Kansas
Acquired: CFA '05
Experience: R
COLLEGE: Was the top TE in the Kansas program each of his two seasons after transferring from the junior college ranks … Totaled 43 catches for 485 yards with 3 TDs over 21 games … Was most productive as a senior, catching 33 for 328 with 3 TDs … Had his career-long gain, a 45-yarder, while catching 10-for-157 as a junior … Played in 2001-02 at Alfred (N.Y.) State College, where he was an NJCAA preseason All-America selection prior to his sophomore season … Caught 26-for-534 as a sophomore, posting 20.5-yard avg. per catch, and scored 3 TDs … Averaged 20.1 yards per catch as a freshman, going 19-for-382 with 4 TDs … Set Alfred State record for longest TD reception (78 yards).

PERSONAL: Born in Brandon, Miss., but attended high school in Rochester, N.Y. … Played football, basketball and baseball at Wilson Magnet High School, earning All-Star honors as a defensive end after the 2000 season … Named one of New York's top 50 high school basketball players as a senior … Full name is Lyonel Richie Anderson … First name is pronounced "LYE-nell" … Signed with Bengals on 4-28-05

Guest oldschooler
All he has to do is be able to CATCH AND BLOCK
and he should beat out 1 of our TE`s...

Lord (Marvin) knows that there isn`t any TE on the team
that is good at BOTH...

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 30 2005, 11:49 AM']All he has to do is be able to CATCH AND BLOCK
that is good at BOTH...
[right][post="121815"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol: :lol:

True.

Actually that is kind of sad. :(

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 30 2005, 10:49 AM']All he has to do is be able to CATCH AND BLOCK
that is good at BOTH...
[right][post="121815"][/post][/right][/quote]

w/ as many weapons as we have (assuming perry and warrick will be healthy) we don't need a te that can catch... it sounds like this kid is a good guy, but we already have 3 experienced guys and a snapper that has the title of te... i don't see us keeping 4 or 5 (whichever way you want to look at brad st. louis)...

if you think about it, if our te's were making 60 catches a year (between the three of them), then it would probably piss off our wr's... they are already going to be struggling for the ball... it sounds like we could have FIVE FUCKING BADDASS WR'S (cj, tj, pdub, henry, kdub)... hell i bet chris perry plays some wideout this year, just to get him in there... and what about tab perry...

we don't need te's to catch w/ that crew :D

[quote name='wat' date='Jul 30 2005, 11:06 AM']I think Lyonel Anderson and Kori Dickerson are fighting for a spot on the practice squad.
[right][post="121825"][/post][/right][/quote]

I agree 100%

I think Anderson also has a good shot.

For some reason, every time I look at his name, I think of him as:
[b]Lyonel "L-Train" Anderson[/b].

I have no idea where I got that from... :blink:

BZ

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 31 2005, 08:52 PM']w/ as many weapons as we have (assuming perry and warrick will be healthy) we don't need a te that can catch... it sounds like this kid is a good guy, but we already have 3 experienced guys and a snapper that has the title of te... i don't see us keeping 4 or 5 (whichever way you want to look at brad st. louis)...

if you think about it, if our te's were making 60 catches a year (between the three of them), then it would probably piss off our wr's... they are already going to be struggling for the ball... it sounds like we could have FIVE FUCKING BADDASS WR'S (cj, tj, pdub, henry, kdub)... hell i bet chris perry plays some wideout this year, just to get him in there... and what about tab perry...

we don't need te's to catch w/ that crew :D
[right][post="122210"][/post][/right][/quote]

If they`re on the field...it would be nice that Palmer could throw
to them if he needed to... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//17.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 1 2005, 08:39 AM']If they`re on the field...it would be nice that Palmer could throw
to them if he needed to... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]
[right][post="122362"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

it would be nice, but it's low on their priorities imo...

Archived