RB offseason

This might be the deepest and most secure spot on the roster. Still I would love to have another guy I wouldn't be terribly surprised about if he got a 100 yard game in camp. 2 guys that interest me are Wilder who I don't think we should have let go and I hope he is brought back and Bilal Powell who I think will find a tough going in a saturated FA RB market. I have loved Powell since his time at Louisville. I can all but guarantee we won't draft a RB. 

Bengals

RB Hill 2017 Bernard 2016 Burkhead 2016 Peerman R2015
Peerman is UFA but will likely be back to cover kicks. Burkhead seems to be finding an interesting niche on offense and is a solid special teamer already.

Free Agents
DeMarco Murray-Cowboys
Mark Ingram-Saints
Justin Forsett-Ravens
Ryan Mathews-Chargers
Knowshon Moreno-Dolphins
Roy Helu-Redskins
Shane Vereen-Patriots
Darren McFadden-Raders
Frank Gore-49ers
Bilal Powell-Jets

Draft Pick
Melvin Gordon RB 6'0⅝" 207 Wisconsin 90 1 16
Todd Gurley RB 6'0½" 230 Georgia 88 2 23
Tevin Coleman RB 6'0" 210 Indiana 84 3 36
Ameer Abdullah RB 5'8¾" 199 Nebraska 83 4 40
Duke Johnson RB 5'8¾" 206 Miami (FL) 81 5 44
Tj Yeldon RB 6'1½" 220 Alabama 80 6 49
Mike Davis RB 5'9" 216 South Carolina 70 7 80
Jeremy Langford RB 6'0¾" 205 Michigan State 60 8 102
David Cobb RB 5'10⅞" 220 Minnesota 54 9 116
Karlos Williams RB 6'1" 226 Florida State 52 10 124

With Hill and Gio (not to mention Rex) I don't think we look RB before round 5, and that will be a Peerman-type teams guy, and only if Peerman leaves. 

The exception to that is if Gurley's injury causes him to slide to round 3.  Need or not, at that point he would just be too much value to pass on.

But I think he might still go in late 1.

I wasn't aware that he did.  I take it he didn't go to another team by the way you put it?

I have been searching and all I see is that they didn't add him to a Futures deal. I had assumed he would be the perfect replacement to Peerman. Not sure about off field or locker room stuff but he was such a bowling ball of a runner and had a high school hx of being a great linebacker. To me that has special teams and late game running back all over it.

Archived