Pittsburgh 8-8

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Aug 7 2005, 12:50 PM']If I'm going to be realistic and admit that you guys will be challenging for the division (provided your defense improves, of course) then you guys should do the same.

7-9 will not happen barring an abnormal rash of injuries.  I also realize that 15-1 will not happen again either.  10-6 would be a safe bet.
[right][post="126307"][/post][/right][/quote]

See, that logic does not make sense to me. It is possible that the squeelers go 10-6, but thats not safe at all.

1. Staley has been and always will be injury prone. Can and aging Bettis hold up all season?

2. Burress is gone. Ward is holding out. Even when Ward comes back, he is not a deep threat, defenses will double team him all day. Leaving Rothlisfucker to rely on Randle-El and or Wilson who are 2 average, short slot recievers at best.

3. Pittsburgh defense showed its vulnerability against the pass last year. When their defense is challenged with a good o-line, exp. QB, and good recievers, that Pittsburgh D seems very pedestrian.

4. Lets face it, Pittsburgh blew it. They had a magical season last year. Everything that could've gone their way went their way last year. There was no way in hell Pittsburgh was a 15-1 team (talent wise). But they had a great year, and unfortunatley for them :D , reality hit come the AFC Championship.

I really hope the steelers go 7-9 or 8-8, it would really help our chances of making the playoffs, but their talent alone is good enough to get them 9 wins aleast. 9-7 or 10-6 is the most realistic since it's a tough division with baltimore, and us. I see the ravens, steelers and bengals all finishing between 8-8 and 10-6.

I think they were a good, solid team last year...But obviously, 15-1 involves a lot of things going right.

So far this year, it doesn't look like that magic is still in the air for the Steelers...And they aren't that far removed from a 6-10 season.

I can't see any worse than 7-9, but I can't see any better than 10 wins either.

More importantly...If they do go 7-9, it will have to be because we took 2 from them this year. Otherwise, we will be helping their division cause towards 9-7 and beyond.

BZ

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Aug 5 2005, 07:36 PM']Remember this name............James Harrison, LB.
[right][post="125556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I figured it would be a Linebacker. Steelers crank those guys out like Denver does Running Backs... Is he pushing anyone for a starting spot, or is he expected to continue contributing off the bench?

Did I see on the bottom of ESPN this morning that Staley is going to miss the first month of the season due to knee surgery?

If so, that's really going to hurt the Steelers.

Let me add this, the Steelers pissed me off last year. I didn't think they had the talent to do what they did last year and I don't think that have the talent to even come close to this year. But hell what do I know, they proved me wrong last year and can do it again this year. BASTARDS!

The Steelers success will not depend on the offense. Just like last year, the defense is going to carry them. The defense will keep the games close, but IMO, the offense isn't going to have enough fire power to pull out the close games.

No Burress, No Ward, No Staley, Old Bettis, A Shaky Ben = No offensive production.

Truthfully, I think Ben was very shaky last year. He didn't make many mistakes last year, but when he did, the defense picked him up. Which, I think, just skewed everyone's opinion that Ben was playing great. Personally, I just didn't see it. Pitt was just tremondous in the ground control game. Which I don't see Bettis keeping it up again.

There's going to be more pressure on Ben this year, but I don't see Ben responding well to it.

That's just my opinion, take it for what's it worth.

Things are certainly pointing to an interesting
season in the AFC NORTH. The Steelers
are STILL without WARD and now Staley
is out for a month. The Bengals and the
Ravens are drooling over this. I bet this
is gonna be a dog fight in the end for the
division and the team that stays healthy
wins it.

Is it game time yet?

Who Dey!

[quote name='sneaky' date='Aug 7 2005, 02:11 PM']See, that logic does not make sense to me. It is possible that the squeelers go 10-6, but thats not safe at all.

1. Staley has been and always will be injury prone. Can and aging Bettis hold up all season?

2. Burress is gone. Ward is holding out. Even when Ward comes back, he is not a deep threat, defenses will double team him all day. Leaving Rothlisfucker to rely on Randle-El and or Wilson who are 2 average, short slot recievers at best.

3. Pittsburgh defense showed its vulnerability against the pass last year. When their defense is challenged with a good o-line, exp. QB, and good recievers, that Pittsburgh D seems very pedestrian.

4. Lets face it, Pittsburgh blew it. They had a magical season last year. Everything that could've gone their way went their way last year. There was no way in hell Pittsburgh was a 15-1 team (talent wise). But they had a great year, and unfortunatley for them :D , reality hit come the AFC Championship.
[right][post="126314"][/post][/right][/quote]

They shouldn't have even made it to the Championship game. The Jets beat their ass. If it wasn't for Doug Brien's generosity, they would've been done.

[quote name='Hooky' date='Aug 10 2005, 02:19 PM']They shouldn't have even made it to the Championship game.  The Jets beat their ass.  If it wasn't for Doug Brien's generosity, they would've been done.
[right][post="128040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Very true. I was thinking the same thing myself after watching Pittsburg's yearbook on ESPN.

Guest mongoloido
I could honestly see the Steelers playing very good football and going 9-7 this year. They have a really tough road schedule this year, traveling to San Diego, Indianapolis, Minnesota, Green Bay, and Houston (plus the division road games). With the exception maybe of Houston, those are some very tough places to play football. Aside from that, they also host New England and a tough looking Jags....

Holy Crap! This might be worse than I thought. Perhaps 8-8 isn't too far fetched (9-7 is still what I'll say). I believe the AFCNorth is the toughest (physically) division in the NFL. I find myself far more concerned with our teams staying healthy after bashing heads with our rivals six games a season. What I wanted to pay attention to this year was how the AFCN teams faired the week [b]after[/b] we faced a division rival. I worry that we weaken ourselves and give the next team on the schedule a better chance to sneak a win... The Steelers run the gauntlet this year, facing us and Baltimore before the Packers, then immediately face Cleveland and Baltimore before the Colts, only to jump right out of that game to play us again before hosting Chicago.

I don't know that Cleveland will win a lot of games this year, but they're gonna hit pretty damn hard. The Steelers may have some serious health issues by the time they host Chicago.

The focus may be on Pittsburgh this season, but watch Baltimore. I believe the Steelers are aimed at a 10-6 season this season. The Ravens and Bengals will battle for the top dog in the division. [b]IF[/b] the Bengals can start stopping the run, the will run away with the division. Boller may not be the best QB in the league, but their D keeps them in every game.

WHO DEY!

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='BengalsFan21' date='Aug 4 2005, 10:13 PM']Hey everyone this is my first post here but I wanted to start off right.

Pittsburgh is going to do terrible this season, Little Ben will throw more INT the TD(if he decides to throw some this year).
Hines will hold out and that will hurt them a lot.
They got rid of Burress, so Ben has no go to guy.
I hear from Pitts fans Heath Miller is Buress's replacement  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] .
I can keep going but i'll save some for later....With that all said can everyone give me a big phat WHO DEY!!!! and a big phat PITTSBURGH SUCKS!!!!
[right][post="124925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Your little smiley guy had it right that post is hilarious if you actually think that the steelers won't win the north you need your head checked. Ben will be fine, I think you should worry about your boy Carson.

[quote name='BengalMatt' date='Aug 12 2005, 01:50 AM']The focus may be on Pittsburgh this season, but watch Baltimore.  I believe the Steelers are aimed at a 10-6 season this season.  The Ravens and Bengals will battle for the top dog in the division.  [b]IF[/b] the Bengals can start stopping the run, the will run away with the division.  Boller may not be the best QB in the league, but their D keeps them in every game.

WHO DEY!
[right][post="129227"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wait, wait , wait you guys are serious? wow, you've got to be kidding me, the bungals are terrible, 8-8 at best sorry to inform of this tragic info. but mark it down.

Archived