Spicoli mock v1.0

spicoli

1. Vernon Hargreaves, DB Florida- I see this kid as Darquez Dennard all over again...nobody thought he'd still be there for us either...yet, low and behold....funny how that always works out for us.

2. Pharoh Cooper, WR South Carolina- from December until draft day last year, I pimped Tyler Lockett as a 2nd rd pick, he was my guy....this year, Pharoh is my guy...thicker than Lockett, but just like him, absolutely fearless and 110% pure football player. ..instant top notch PR and slot WR.

3. Josh Perry, LB Ohio State- we'd be lucky to get him here IMO but for now I'll slot him here....he could play any of the 3 spots, but ultimately, I'd look for him in the middle.

4. Willie Henry, DT Michigan- penetrating machine....would be a perfect replacement for Peko next to Geno....Dunlap might beat out Coy Bacon for sacks in a season playing next to that combo.

5. Tyvis Powell, S Ohio St

6. Tyler Higbee, WR/TE Western Kentucky

7. Silverberry Mouhon, LB UC

We shall see about VH3.  I'd love it.

Cooper would be OK, Boyd might be a better fit, especially if they lose Jones and Sanu.

There are rumors that Perry is climbing the boards.  We might be lucky to get him in 2.

I'd like someone a little bigger at DT, but ok.

Rest is fine

Here's my crack at a mock draft:

(Kind of have to make some assumptions about FA, so I'll assume we keep A. Jones, M. Jones, and Nelson.)

1. Darron Lee, LB Ohio State- Might end up being wishful thinking if he runs as fast at the combine as I think he will, but just think he'd be a perfect BPA type of pick that would help take the defense to another level. If he's gone, I do think a CB like Hargreaves, Alexander, Apple or Fuller would make pretty good sense. 

2. Jarran Reed, DT Alabama- Occasionally see him going higher in mocks, but I think he settles into this range. Just a good solid player who can be groomed to takeover as the starter for Peko in 2017. 

3. Karl Joseph, S West Virginia- Little bit raw, but love his talent. If Iloka leaves, we need to add a 4th Safety even if we keep Nelson. Especially with Reggie getting up in years and Williams a FA next spring.

4. Jalin Marshal, WR/PR Ohio State- I actually like him a little better than Braxton Miller. Could be an impact slot guy and return man.

5. Keyarris Garrett, WR Tulsa- Big outside WR and deep ball threat. Need to rebuild the depth at WR and a developmental outside guy makes a lot of sense.

6. Backup Guard- I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the late-round guard prospects. But it makes sense to add some interior depth with Zeitler in the final year of his rookie deal and the backup options pretty weak. 

7. Backup LB- Again, no real strong opinion about any of these guys, but we need to add depth/competition to the position. Figure he probably ends up on the PS. 

Archived