EB Mock v1

1. Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson - As good as the Bengals d-line has been, it still relies too heavily on Geno Atkins. Broncos SB defense has shown the way with 2 pass rushing bookends at DE,  Bengals do the same by adding another playmaker to push the unit over the top. Meet Dunlap's new partner in crime.

2. Joshua Perry, LB Ohio State - Bengals like their LB's to have scheme versatility and the ability to play all 3 spots, this guy fits the mould. Could be a quality starter at SAM we currently lack.

3. Sterling Shepard, WR Oklahoma - Jones and Sanu got away, this guy is so dynamic but will slip through the cracks in a weak WR class to the 3rd because of his size. Quality no.2 receiver to go with Green.

4. Eric Murray, CB Minnesota - With Hall showing his age and wear and tear from two ACL's, this guy is a perfect replacement for Hall's slot/nickel CB duties. This guy plays a lot like current Bengals CB Josh Shaw.

5. Tyvis Powell, S Ohio State - Iloka's size with similar potential.  I see this guy as Iloka's future backup and would be a valuable addition to the depth chart (guessing Nelson leaves!!!!).

6. Parker Ehinger, OG Cincinnati - Under the radar prospect,who could be groomed into a quality backup along the line.

7. Mike Thomas, WR Southern Mississippi - Sleeper and underrated because of level of competition but could be this year's James Wright!!!!

1. I understand it.  I would like the pick.  And he fits their mold.  I just don't see the Bengals doing it.  I don't see them using a 1 on a DE with Dunlap and Johnson signed for a few years, unless he is clearly BPA.  And I'm not sure he would be at 24.  I think they will draft a DE at some point, but I'm thinking more like rounds 2-4.

2. Love it.

3. Excellent pick if he is still there.  Despite his size, I don't think he will be.  I think we would need to take him in 2.

4. Good pick. 

5. Powell might be available in 6.

6. I think the Bengals will draft an OL, and it will be somewhere around 5-7.  And while this is not a bad pick, I think they would take a tackle who could kick inside.

7. Wrong one.  :lol:  I could easily see another late WR.

1. I understand it.  I would like the pick.  And he fits their mold.  I just don't see the Bengals doing it.  I don't see them using a 1 on a DE with Dunlap and Johnson signed for a few years, unless he is clearly BPA.  And I'm not sure he would be at 24.  I think they will draft a DE at some point, but I'm thinking more like rounds 2-4.

2. Love it.

3. Excellent pick if he is still there.  Despite his size, I don't think he will be.  I think we would need to take him in 2.

4. Good pick. 

5. Powell might be available in 6.

6. I think the Bengals will draft an OL, and it will be somewhere around 5-7.  And while this is not a bad pick, I think they would take a tackle who could kick inside.

7. Wrong one.  :lol:  I could easily see another late WR.

From the people I've talked to, you're right on this, & we'd probably need to trade up in it because they're expecting him to go in the early part of rd. 2. I know Carolina REALLY likes him, & while I wouldn't expect him to necessarily go @ 31, I could easily see them trading back a few spots & taking him then.

Archived