Holdout tests Lewis creed

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 16 2005, 08:33 AM']Pollack's absence draws fire
Of the 12 agents and their partners listed in the research, however, Condon had the most overall first-round clients (30) and the [b]second-lowest percentage of holdouts [/b](43).[right][post="131638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

These agents must negotiate in good faith if they have this low a percentage of holdouts. Mike Brown needs to get this deal done.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

I predict that in the future the Bengals will NEVER take a player represented by Condon and Kremer in the first round, Marvin's been burned once with Baby Bruschi. I also predict Pollack won't start the first 4 games of the season, Landon will do just fine in Pollack's position. Landon is my new favorite player, they should give him Pollack's money.

All Landon does is show up everyday, led the team in tackles as a rookie, play hurt when others cannot, and get paid peanuts to do it. He deserves Pollack's money more Pollack does based off what he done in THE NFL!!! Hell Ryan Leaf, Mike Mamula, Wendell Bryant, Steve Eitman, etc... were all great college players and that's all lil' Davey is right now, a great college player.

=[img]http://www.arches.uga.edu/~david47/images/me.jpg[/img]

Have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?? Maybe that's why Pollack is holding out, secretly he's Teddy Bruschi and he working to undermine us because the Pats know we are the team that has the best chance of beating them. :lol:

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Aug 16 2005, 11:17 AM']I predict that in the future the Bengals will NEVER take a player represented by Condon and Kremer in the first round.
[right][post="131732"][/post][/right][/quote]

Marvin said last week that he doesn't check who is representing the players in the draft, and he doesn't care who is representing them.

If he stayed away from players represented by Condon and Kremer in the first round, it would greatly reduce the amount of players left to choose from.

:onoudidnt:

[quote name='fredtoast' date='Aug 15 2005, 01:46 PM']I hate to call bullshit on Marvin, but the Bengals have obviously [b]NOT[/b] "given in every way" to Pollack.  If they had done that then Pollack would be signed by now. 

I know you all worship Marvin, but this statement makes no sense at all.
[right][post="131293"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Bengals have been more than fair. Sorry, dude, this one is on Pollack. He needs to tell his agent to shut up, and get his ass to the team.

I hope the Bengals don't budge. No one player should ever handcuff the entire organization.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='fredtoast' date='Aug 16 2005, 09:53 AM']These agents must negotiate in good faith if they have this low a percentage of holdouts.  Mike Brown needs to get this deal done.
[right][post="131685"][/post][/right][/quote]

Good faith??!!! :blink: <_<

Good faith means compromising to get a deal done, the Bengals have compromised Pollack hasn't. Doesn't Pollack understand, he was given the starting job and he was going to be the apple of Marvin's eye. Since Marvin has been HC, both first round picks were offensive guys, Pollack was the first defensive 1st pick of the Marvin Lewis era, that means something.

We know all what Marvin can do with LB's, just ask Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, Michael McCray, Peter Boulware, Jaime Sharper, and Ray Lewis. He's coached up more Pro Bowl lb's in the past 15 years then any other coach in the NFL and Pollack was supposed to be next in line, but he's ruining it for some extra coin that Uncle Sam will probably get more of then he will. ^_^

Fred I see you are taking Pollack side on this one, but please quit blaspheming Marvin. [quote]"We have guys who have chosen to be here, and we've eliminated selfishness that occurs. [b]If that's what it comes down to, a dollar here a dollar there, they're on the wrong football team[/b]."[/quote] According to the words coming out of Pollack's mouth after the Bengals drafted him he gave the impression he was one of those types of guys, apparently not.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 16 2005, 09:42 AM']did anyone else hear on channel 12 news last night, that the two sides are something like 26,000 dollars apart on a 7 million dollar contract.... :mellow:
[right][post="131676"][/post][/right][/quote]

Isn't pollack slotted to get around $10 million guaranteed?

That's BS if I've ever heard it. You think $26,000 would hold up the deal?

Give me a break. Brown paid Weathersby even though he didn't have to. He paid Kitna his escalators in 2003 even though he didn't have to.

Is anyone else flat out sick of talking about this?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Aug 16 2005, 11:36 AM']Isn't pollack slotted to get around $10 million guaranteed?

That's BS if I've ever heard it. You think $26,000 would hold up the deal?

Give me a break. Brown paid Weathersby even though he didn't have to. He paid Kitna his escalators in 2003 even though he didn't have to.

Is anyone else flat out sick of talking about this?
[right][post="131750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

it doesn't sound right, but i'm sure of the 26,000 dollar part... i wasn't sure if it was 7 or 8 million that he said, but your right... he is slotted higher than that so it must be bullshit..

he definately said we were supposidely 26k away from a deal...

it would explain the change for heart that marvin suddenly went through, as far as "not commenting on players that aren't bengals yet"...

It's interesting that last year, the Patriot's first round pick, Benjamin Watson (TE out of Georgia) missed the first 16 days of training camp and then fired his agent (IMG's Tom Condon).

[url="http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t9146.html"]http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/lofiver....php/t9146.html[/url]

[Credit goes to TigerJ@w on the Huddles board for finding this.]

Metro West: Watson fires agent
13 Aug 04 / by Patriots Football Weekly

The Metro West Daily News is reporting that Patriots first round pick Benjamin Watson, who has missed all of training camp in a contract dispute, [b]fired his agent, IMG's Tom Condon[/b], overnight.

The Daily News' Mike Reiss confirmed the news with the NFL Players Association and reported that Watson will likely hire Pat Dye Jr., who represents fellow Patriots rookie P.K. Sam, as his new representative. Watson must wait five days, according to NFLPA rules, to officially sign with a new agent.

Watson, a tight end out of Georgia and the 32nd pick in the draft, has missed the first 16 days of training camp while reportedly holding out for a five-year contract rather than the six-year deal the team would like him to sign.

The move could be a major development in negotiations. Sam, a fifth round pick, signed a five-year deal with club in July.

Watson and Chargers first round pick Philip Rivers are the only two first round selections who remain out of training camp.

[Note: Watson signed the following Monday]

Archived