Tyler Eifert to have ankle surgery (Out 3 months)

Doesn't the CBA come into play in regards to off-season physicals/medical stuff? I seem to recall something which restricts teams from getting involved. I would research, but getting through that thing is like attempting to analyze the federal tax code.

14 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Surgery is avoided because there are more complications than not cutting into someone. Also the player doesn't want cut on and sometimes you get those players who don't want the start of their offseason ruined by a surgery. For the specific ligament sake if it heals on its own it will be better off than if it is surgically repaired.

Also they have an entire new team of Dr's in the last year or two so the whole misdiagnosis thing that people harp on from the last decade or so is way off.

You took the words out of my mouth. Also, people need to realize that even doctors don't bat 1000. It's not like even if misdiagnosed this is a case of malpractice. A lot of this stuff is "best guess" until they open you up and can see what is actually going on there, which as Tim mentions, opens up it's own can of worms.

5 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Yeah he's a great talent, but will probably be injury prone most of his career. He's yet to start and finish 75% of the season. I'm curious, was this an issue in college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was bigger than anyone who ever defended/hit him in college. ND doesn't play a bunch of powers and Eifert lined up out wide a lot. Everyone knew he needed to put on size/strength to deal with the game to game blows of a TE in the NFL, but his injuries aren't really "injury prone" injuries though so far.

- The elbow was just pure stupidity to fight for an extra yard in a pointless spot on the field. Tony Gonzalez told him you only use that in key situations or playoffs. He didn't seem to try to do that this year.

- The concussion/head/neck was just a cheap shot.

- And the ankle is just bad luck, everyone rolls ankles.

I view these more as bad luck or stupidity (first one) than being injury prone.

He was bigger than anyone who ever defended/hit him in college. ND doesn't play a bunch of powers and Eifert lined up out wide a lot. Everyone knew he needed to put on size/strength to deal with the game to game blows of a TE in the NFL, but his injuries aren't really "injury prone" injuries though so far.

- The elbow was just pure stupidity to fight for an extra yard in a pointless spot on the field. Tony Gonzalez told him you only use that in key situations or playoffs. He didn't seem to try to do that this year.

- The concussion/head/neck was just a cheap shot.

- And the ankle is just bad luck, everyone rolls ankles.

I view these more as bad luck or stupidity (first one) than being injury prone.

Thx. I'd Hate to see this had been an on going issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived