Bengals vs Colts: the Good, Bad, and Ugly

This has always been my beef with protecting QB's in general, but more specifically to escape artists like Ben, Cam, etc.  If you've got a history of burning teams with your ability to shed tackles, to stay in the grasp forever without being called down, and also improvise runs and the like, then you should have to give up some of your "protect thy fragile QB" rights in my opinion.  Shouldn't have the best of both worlds.  Unfortunately, it gets very subjective, and you know how that works out for teams like the Stealers.

I think once they cross the line of scrimmage (unless they slide) they should be treated like a running back.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 hour ago, mhfinks said:

I think once they cross the line of scrimmage (unless they slide) they should be treated like a running back.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

They also need to make it 100% clear on how a QB should slide & that his forward progress stops as soon as he does that.  Make them wave like it's a fair catch or something. Too often you see QB's go into these kinda half-assed hook slides when they know they're about to get hit and the defender is already committed to the tackle.  Then the refs watch it in slow motion and flag them for not being able to bend the fabric of time & space.  Of course if they're willing to flag someone based on where they land obviously the laws of physics are no match for an NFL rule book.  

Archived