Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show

On 9/25/2023 at 1:32 AM, claptonrocks said:

Why?

To watch another halftime shit show?

BTW.

Most people are still watching football since 98.

Yeah, because Usher was, like, really popular among many music consumers in 1998, so people of that era would be excited to see one of the most popular performers of their day doing the halftime show. The implication was that the NFL is about a quarter century late in choosing this performer.  And yes, I'm aware that some of the same people alive in 1998 are still alive today. It was a feeble attempt at time travel humor or time travel sarcasm or something.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

You will never see that again because Jay Z is in charge.  Can’t allow that anymore.  Might upset some people.  You will get your pole dancers again but from him.  Just what children like to see in these whacky days.  Didn’t another person try that and it didn’t go off well?  But hey, to each his and her own.  I don’t watch it anyways. It is about the game not about the halftime or is it? Don’t forget to sing the new National Anthem too. Enjoy!  

lol children. cmon man. lots of 10 yr olds sitting down watching the superbowl and not on a video game or ipad or phone? aint no children watching the superbowl or the halftime show, none. 

10 hours ago, MOC said:

They should get Drake instead and then have him cancel the day before. 

is that a common thing? he def cancelled the day before his denver show, my kid was gonna take some chick. they still holding my money like he is gonna reschedule. 

but they dont "get" people to do it, its not paid, so they are begging people to come do it for promo alone.

6 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Yeah, because Usher was, like, really popular among many music consumers in 1998, so people of that era would be excited to see one of the most popular performers of their day doing the halftime show. The implication was that the NFL is about a quarter century late in choosing this performer.  And yes, I'm aware that some of the same people alive in 1998 are still alive today. It was a feeble attempt at time travel humor or time travel sarcasm or something.

he has like 5 platinum albums and sold like 15-20 million albums also. but most importantly, he has an album coming out the week of the superbowl. so there is his motivation. 

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

lol children. cmon man. lots of 10 yr olds sitting down watching the superbowl and not on a video game or ipad or phone? aint no children watching the superbowl or the halftime show, none. 

is that a common thing? he def cancelled the day before his denver show, my kid was gonna take some chick. they still holding my money like he is gonna reschedule. 

but they dont "get" people to do it, its not paid, so they are begging people to come do it for promo alone.

he has like 5 platinum albums and sold like 15-20 million albums also. but most importantly, he has an album coming out the week of the superbowl. so there is his motivation. 

He's canceled 2 dates (4 shows total) in Columbus (original dates and rescheduled) already and at least one show in Nashville this weekend that a friend of mine from Columbus had a ticket to. She was flying out on Friday and meeting friends in Nashville for the show Saturday and he canceled on Thursday. At least there's lots to do in Nashville so it wasn't a total waste. But "c'mon man". In the meantime Ticketbastard or whatever scalper ticket org, the venue and the  Drake team is making major bucks holding your ticket money just in case there's a rescheduled date that may or may not be rescheduled again? And I should have added a ninja to my original suggestion that they "get" Drake for the halftime show. And how would the term "get" infer that the "artist" would be paid for the performance? Asking for a friend?

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:35 AM, MOC said:

He's canceled 2 dates (4 shows total) in Columbus (original dates and rescheduled) already and at least one show in Nashville this weekend that a friend of mine from Columbus had a ticket to. She was flying out on Friday and meeting friends in Nashville for the show Saturday and he canceled on Thursday. At least there's lots to do in Nashville so it wasn't a total waste. But "c'mon man". In the meantime Ticketbastard or whatever scalper ticket org, the venue and the  Drake team is making major bucks holding your ticket money just in case there's a rescheduled date that may or may not be rescheduled again? And I should have added a ninja to my original suggestion that they "get" Drake for the halftime show. And how would the term "get" infer that the "artist" would be paid for the performance? Asking for a friend?

maybe just my perspective, i ran a record label of my own and managed another 500 years ago, and when talk of "get" so and so on a song or get them to do a show, it was unquestioned it would be to pay them to do so, so thats probably just 100% on me and my dumb old brain, so my bad on that one. 

i guess if youre drake you dont much care if you miss or cancel shows, youre worth 250mil and eahcshow is making you several more, so if you made like 10 mil tuesday and thursday who cares if you skip saturday, lol. 

whats the reasoning he is giving for the columbus and nashville cancellations? denver he said the stage crew messed up and there was no way to get the stage setup in time for the show. which seems like bullshit, there was a gap in shows and was coming from nearby (kc or st lous or something) and i saw his stage there is no way it would be more than a 8-12 hr setup. so who knows. ill gladly take my $1,081 back at anytime.

offtopic, man i took some fucking L's when i was sick, had tickets to a bunch of comedy shows and 2 concerts, comedy shows were at comedy clubs so cant resell at all, and concerts i had some VIP pack that gets you free merchandise and posters and stuff, picked up AT THE SHOW, and AXS tickets doesnt let you sell below face value, but the face value was including the merch, and new buyer cant pickup the merch, so like tickets were $100 and vip crap was $150 so $250 each, no one was gonna pay $500 for a pair of $100 tickets. so i got hooooooosed big time. BUT i am alive.. so ill deal with it. ticket company rules fuck consumers so hard, its truly criminal.

• Upvote 2