So what is the true Religion?

The Scales

[quote name='kitkat' date='Sep 21 2005, 05:24 AM']beaker...i dont even know where to start with you. you go on and on about your beliefs and [i]correcting[/i] people, but then you state the problem is organized religion. dude, im sorry but it sounds like to me that you are a religious person. do you not believe in something and then preach it? i think so. give it up. its not our fault (christians, muslims, hindus, whatever) that youre congregation has one member. and with that, that does not make [i]us[/i] organized and you not.
[right][post="153981"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Im with scales...this one was hard to follow...but let me try to respond to what I think youre saying.

I share my beliefs because we are all sharing our beliefs on here. I see a huge difference between organized religion and spirituality. Both can believe in a higher plane or power, but religion tells you HOW you should believe it. You are following the beliefs of what others tell you is the right way to believe. I am saying we all have the means to see the truth simply by looking inside ourselves. If you dont go within, you go without. So youre right in one sense...I am spiritual...just not religious.

ummm, no scales i cannot not. your post doesnt make sense to me either. [i]edit it[/i]? attention deficit disorder perhaps?

maybe it is long but im working a double shift and about to get off, so pardon.

there you go again, beaker. you obviously do not understand people's personal beliefs. who are you to say that christians, or any other religion for that matter, do not "look within" and therfore come to a conclusion about what is truth or not. being a true christian is about a relationship with god. its that simple.

what' this? quote:

"I am saying we all have the means to see the truth simply by looking inside ourselves. If you dont go within, you go without."

just because you "looked within" and found something different, once again does not make you spiritual and others religious. you ARE religious. you believe something to be true and youre preaching it. sorry, but just accept it.

my religion does not tell me HOW to believe. i believe because its in my core, just like you. so get over yourself, wont you?

[quote name='kitkat' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:44 PM']just because you "looked within" and found something different, once again does not make you spiritual and others religious. [b]you ARE religious[/b]. you believe something to be true and youre preaching it. sorry, but just accept it.

my religion does not tell me HOW to believe. i believe because its in my core, just like you. so get over yourself, wont you?
[right][post="154203"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

My beliefs do not follow the tenets of any particular religious sect. The truth I believe comes from my observations, my experiences in life, what Ive read, etc. Every religion contains part of the truth, but no one religion contains the whole truth. I am trying to piece together the whole. So no, Im not religious. And if you think religions dont tell you how to believe...whats right and whats wrong, how you should conduct yourself, how you should live your life, who you should marry, how you should feel bad if you do something that varies from how they think things should be, etc...then you are in denial.

You seem to have taken particular offense to me sharing what I view things to be. I cannot control that, so it doesnt bother me. Maybe its so offensive to you because it hits home and you dont like it. In that case, youre the one who has to deal with the feelings its stirring. That would also mean that youre the one who needs to "get over yourself". I wish you luck.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] [quote name='Beaker' date='Sep 20 2005, 11:25 PM']Now youre getting it! We are not separate from God or each other...we are all part of the same whole. Everyone (and everything) is a piece of God, and together we make up the whole. The sooner more people quit letting organized religion prevent them from seeing the truth, the sooner the paradigm changes and peace within is realized.
[right][post="153948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
We are all looking for God, correct or have you found him within yourself? And if you have found god within yourself then what is your definition of God?

Guest bengalrick
i wish the old threads, when the go-bengals "flash back" happened, didn't disappear... there was some good threads about religion on there... i usually confuss the shit out of myself when talking about religion, and i liked what i posted there... but i'm going to try again...

i am a christian, baptist to be exact... but that is more b/c of familiarity and not by practice... what i mean, is i dont' go to church b/c i dont' agree w/ the tithes stuff... maybe i'm just cheap and its my out, but i would feel dirty saying "God loves you and all, but please give us some more money, so we can build a rec center and new, bigger church" that doesn't seem right to me... so i don't go to church often... i do read the bible and i do pray often though... i would characterize myself as religious but more spiritual... sort of like beaker, except i do believe that Jesus walked this earth, and was more "Godly" than any toher person to the earth... i do believe he died for my sins, though i dont' believe he rose from the dead or even did most of the miracles he did... how heavenly is it, to turn water into wine!!! seriously...

i believe that God is inside of you, and is sort of like your conscience... that is what i use my religion for anyways... i feel it makes me a better person b/c i don't only fear jail, but also the after life and facing the consiquences of what i do in that life...

i feel that hell is being stuck on this earth for eternity... as a spirit, as reincartanated... i am not niave enough to know exactly what form that would be in honestly...

i think that heaven is a place in your mind, where you feel confident in what you accomplished in life... you don't have many or any regrets.. i don't think that you go to the pearly gates and explain all your sins in other words...

i feel that the bible is very important to pay attention to (for me anyways) but not to be taken literally in most cases... you should learn lessons from it though...

thats all that is coming to mind off hand... oh yeah, i feel that all religions spawned from one religion back in the day, b/c most religions are very similar... if we could get all people to realize this, there would be a THOUSAND times more peace in the world...

[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:27 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]  
We are all looking for God, correct or have you found him within yourself?  And if you have found god within yourself then what is your definition of God?
[right][post="154427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

God is beyond words, God is beyond the scope of Human comprehension, God is Undefinable.

God is everywhere and Nowhere..

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] [quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:23 PM']God is beyond words, God is beyond the scope of Human comprehension, God is Undefinable.

God is everywhere and Nowhere..

Does anyone else have trouble comprehending my post?

I know it's not perfect, but i thought it was written cohesively...
[right][post="154461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
It is interesting you mention God is beyond words. What if he is the Word? How about this definition, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shined in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." "And the Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotton of the Father, full of grace and truth."

[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 21 2005, 10:19 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]
It is interesting you mention God is beyond words.  What if he is the Word?  [right][post="154611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what word?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] [quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:49 PM']what word?
[right][post="154625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You want to know what word. It is the living word. The quote that I recited comes from John the first chapter of the Bible. God and his word are considered to be one and the same. He created by saying let there be light in Genesis. The Word that was made flesh is in reference to the Messiah coming to earth in the flesh of a man. His word is a living force that has power to shape and form what the maker desires. We were made in the image of God, therefore we create and destroy with words and thoughts just as God does. How do I know we were made in the image of God? Well try to think back to something you created. Whatever it was it was a reflection of your intelligence, your ablility, and your wants and needs. It was a mirror into your being. Try going for a day without talking to anyone or to yourself. The Almighty does not operate like that and neither do you.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 22 2005, 11:52 AM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]
You want to know what word.  It is the living word.  The quote that I recited comes from John the first chapter of the Bible.  God and his word are considered to be one and the same.  He created by saying let there be light in Genesis.  The Word that was made flesh is in reference to the Messiah coming to earth in the flesh of a man.  His word is a living force that has power to shape and form what the maker desires.  We were made in the image of God, therefore we create and destroy with words and thoughts just as God does.  How do I know we were made in the image of God?  Well try to think back to something you created.  Whatever it was it was a reflection of your intelligence, your ablility, and your wants and needs.  It was a mirror into your being.  Try going for a day without talking to anyone or to yourself.  The Almighty does not operate like that and neither do you.
[right][post="154947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You don't "know" any more than the rest of us. You may believe something, but you don't know.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 22 2005, 02:40 PM']You don't "know" any more than the rest of us. You may believe something, but you don't know.
[right][post="155080"][/post][/right][/quote]

anyone that is so sure about their God is definately there, or so sure there is no God loses credibility imo... none of us know, and if anyone said they had a discussion w/ God face to face, i think :crazy:

so yeah, your right BB...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:23 PM']anyone that is so sure about their God is definately there, or so sure there is no God loses credibility imo... none of us know, and if anyone said they had a discussion w/ God face to face, i think :crazy:

so yeah, your right BB...
[right][post="155131"][/post][/right][/quote]

This is why we call it "Faith" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:33 PM']This is why we call it "Faith"  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]
[right][post="155145"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

after i typed that, i thought that exact thought...

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:40 PM']You don't "know" any more than the rest of us. You may believe something, but you don't know.
[right][post="155080"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I absolutely positively know. We talk all the time.

[quote name='mikeman' date='Sep 22 2005, 12:52 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]
You want to know what word.  It is the living word.  The quote that I recited comes from John the first chapter of the Bible.  God and his word are considered to be one and the same.  He created by saying let there be light in Genesis.  The Word that was made flesh is in reference to the Messiah coming to earth in the flesh of a man.  His word is a living force that has power to shape and form what the maker desires.  We were made in the image of God, therefore we create and destroy with words and thoughts just as God does.  How do I know we were made in the image of God?  Well try to think back to something you created.  Whatever it was it was a reflection of your intelligence, your ablility, and your wants and needs.  It was a mirror into your being.  Try going for a day without talking to anyone or to yourself.  The Almighty does not operate like that and neither do you.
[right][post="154947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The King James Bible and Christianity are one of the words, but not the only word.

[quote name='kitkat' date='Sep 22 2005, 07:53 PM']"Maybe its so offensive to you because it hits home and you dont like it. In that case, youre the one who has to deal with the feelings its stirring. That would also mean that youre the one who needs to "get over yourself".

yep!!!  :crazy:
[right][post="155258"][/post][/right][/quote]

Jesus and god are love and compassion, and i don't sense much of either in your posts.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 01:11 AM']I absolutely positively know.  We talk all the time.
[right][post="155422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Then you're nuts.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Sep 23 2005, 02:36 AM']Nope, but your oblivious.
[right][post="155444"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Really? How so?

Archived