question for buckeye fans

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:30 PM']i'm sure you were a huge fan on this day [url="http://www.outbackbowl.com/facts/game01.html"]january 1st 2001[/url]
[right][post="150844"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Absolutely. I was a huge fan that day.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:34 PM']jason,oldschooler, and all others who answered honestly thank you and good luck on the rest of your season. As for buckwoody who could only answer in true buckeye fan fashion, OSUcks. guys like you are the reason that i hate ohio state fans, i asked a legitimate question trying to figure out who on here was a true osu fan and who jumped on the wagon during the NC year. You couldn't answer the questions you just came up with some bs and call me a dick, go back to your moms basement and jack off to your jim tressel poster.
[right][post="150847"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Grow up, son. I was a Buckeye fan long before you were born. I stand by everything I said. If you have an issue with guys who jumped on the OSU bandwagon after 2002, take it up with them. My main point is that there aren't any of them on this board...

[quote name='whodey319' date='Sep 19 2005, 09:16 AM']it shouldnt be because they dont live in columbus
[right][post="152534"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I dont live in cincinatti either, but i still like the bengals.

[i]
Lion-head Alien: This year's nominees are...

Bee Alien: [yellow, with nine eyes, two large wings, and a mouth at the very top of the body] Quaglar the Desctructor, Andromeda Galaxy, Planet J-11 [applause. A massive shackled green alien roars]

Lion-head Alien: Damanta Unit 5, J-Lax Galaxy, Planet Neeu. [a robot with a metallic sledgehammer]

Damanta Unit 5: Derrr. [hammers himself on the head with the sledgehammer]
Bee Alien: Whodey319, Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth. [some aliens around Edward start to cheer]

Whodey319: I'm not a douche!

Lion-head Alien: And finally, Ursula, the giant douche [a douche bottle with applicator] from the Horsehead Nebula, Station J-12.

Bee Alien: And the winner for Biggest Douche In the Universe is... [opens the envelope and reads] It's Whodey319, Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth!

WhoDey319: [a lovely alien woman comes to take him to the stage] Uh no, come on now! [once on stage, he gets a beauty-pageant treatment, complete with banner over his shoulder saying "BIGGEST DOUCHE" and a crown]

Frankenstein Alien: Here he is, the Biggest Douche of the Universe! In all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you!
You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douchedom! Good going, douche. Your dreams have come true!

Announcer: Da derpa derpa derpaderp. Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb

[/i]

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 19 2005, 11:40 AM']I dont live in cincinatti either, but i still like the bengals. 
[i]
Lion-head Alien: This year's nominees are...

Bee Alien: [yellow, with nine eyes, two large wings, and a mouth at the very top of the body] Quaglar the Desctructor, Andromeda Galaxy, Planet J-11 [applause. A massive shackled green alien roars]

Lion-head Alien: Damanta Unit 5, J-Lax Galaxy, Planet Neeu. [a robot with a metallic sledgehammer]

Damanta Unit 5: Derrr. [hammers himself on the head with the sledgehammer]
Bee Alien: Whodey319, Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth. [some aliens around Edward start to cheer]

Whodey319: I'm not a douche!

Lion-head Alien: And finally, Ursula, the giant douche [a douche bottle with applicator] from the Horsehead Nebula, Station J-12.

Bee Alien: And the winner for Biggest Douche In the Universe is... [opens the envelope and reads] It's Whodey319, Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth!

WhoDey319: [a lovely alien woman comes to take him to the stage] Uh no, come on now! [once on stage, he gets a beauty-pageant treatment, complete with banner over his shoulder saying "BIGGEST DOUCHE" and a crown]

Frankenstein Alien: Here he is, the Biggest Douche of the Universe! In all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you!
You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douchedom! Good going, douche. Your dreams have come true!

Announcer: Da derpa derpa derpaderp. Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb

[/i]
[right][post="152615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Did you read any of my posts or are you just that stupid. For your sake i hope you didnt read any of them. Next time ill put a sentence first that says...ok Ben, this next statment is sarcasm. just so you dont get confused

asshole

[quote name='whodey319' date='Sep 19 2005, 10:54 AM']Did you read any of my posts or are you just that stupid.  For your sake i hope you didnt read any of them.  Next time ill put a sentence first that says...ok Ben, this next statment is sarcasm.  just so you dont get confused
asshole
[right][post="152625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well.. the way you have been bashing everyone in this thread that even hints they are an Ohio State fan... I had to assume everything you say is serious. And how am i suppose to read sarcasm from a sentence that just says:

"it shouldnt be because they dont live in columbus"

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:03 PM']Well.. the way you have been bashing everyone in this thread that even hints they are an Ohio State fan... I had to assume everything you say is serious.  And how am i suppose to read sarcasm from a sentence that just says:
[right][post="152636"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
when did i bash anyone from ohio state in this thread? Im not the one that started the thread and my only response in the thread was when i answered whodey24k's question at the beginning and then when i said this was a stupid thread because you could say this about any school and then listed reasons. Not sure if you have me confused with whodey24k but im going to assume that cause i cant figure out any other reason you would say that.

[quote name='whodey319' date='Sep 19 2005, 11:16 AM']when did i bash anyone from ohio state in this thread?  Im not the one that started the thread and my only response in the thread was when i answered whodey24k's question at the beginning and then when i said this was a stupid thread because you could say this about any school and then listed reasons.  Not sure if you have me confused with whodey24k but im going to assume that cause i cant figure out any other reason you would say that.
[right][post="152646"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Oh shit!, sorry. I did have you confused.. Too many whodey's around here.

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:25 PM']Oh shit!, sorry.  I did have you confused.. Too many whodey's around here.
[right][post="152655"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
started to think you got confused when i reread the post.

I take back the asshole thing

[quote]i think they need about 3-4 loosing seasons to see who the real fans are...[/quote]

If you lived in Columbus, every year is all about football. Last year we didnt have a good season and there was still a ton of support from everywhere. There are many fans of ohio state. Not many of the women know much about football but they still cheer because they love to see ohio state win. Everyone loves ohio state, except for a few people who just root for every team ohio state plays, but its still all about ohio state.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:35 AM']I was just wondering how so many people become such diehard buckeye fans. so i came up with a few questions for you,to help me answer my questions.(please be honest)

1)how long have you been a buckeye fan?
2)Did you go to ohio state?
3)How many games have you attended?
4)How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 2000?
5)How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 2001?
6)How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 2002?
7)How did you become a buckeys fan?
[right][post="148609"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
1) I would say I have been a fan for the last 15 years
2) Yes, I was a transfer student
3) I started attending games after I graduated which so happened to be thier championship year and have not looked back since. I even went to the Feista Bowl. I was fortunate enough to witness the greatest game ever played in the history of college sports.
4) As far as buying items I went nuts their championship year but nothing before or since. I have a hallowed buckeye room in my basement with pictures of me at the Feista Bowl and pictures of all the defensive players who graduated that year. I credited them for staying thier senior year for winning a championship
7) I became a Buckeye fan because they are a the only game in town if you want to watch competitive sports. I started life rooting for the team up north because my dad brainwashed me into it because he graduated from there. I later saw the light, however, and have been transformed. The Bucks have a long winning tradition that the Bengals once had with Paul Brown and the Reds had before Marge was forced out of baseball and died. It seemed as though once Marge died so did sports in Cincy. It seems as though the Bengals have hope this year, however, I am still profoundly disapointed with Mikey Brown and want him gone even if he miracously wins a Super Bowl. Before someone calls me a fair weathered fan I must say I still follow the Redlegs fairly closely, but not as closely as the Bucks. Call me crazy but its fun to win. Its the closest thing to being a Yankee fan I will ever know.

I have been a Bengals fan since i was born, been to about 10 games, dont go there go to Miami U! :headbang: but still rooted for OSU a couple weeks ago, and have a decent amount of apparell.

My grandpa played for the OSU 1942 National championship under thee Paul Brown, hence my being a osu fan as well as a bengals fan, also my grandpa wrote a book about that national championship team and paul brown called expanding your horizons, which tressell actually made the 2002 team read prior to the season, yeah the year they won the national championship, and by the way im in the book so if the whole team did read it like i believe they had to cause they had a test on it or something a lot of them have seen my picture or read my name....

is that good enough of a reason for you whodeyk12

ps...i was at the texas game, it was amazing, till the end :angry:

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 19 2005, 11:03 AM']Well.. the way you have been bashing everyone in this thread that even hints they are an Ohio State fan... I had to assume everything you say is serious.  And how am i suppose to read sarcasm from a sentence that just says:
[right][post="152636"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i didn't bash anyone that said they liked osu. i was just asking how people became osu fans. there are some pasionate osu fans on this board with some great stories, and i'm glad i got to read them.

I have been a fan since the early 70's (10/11 years old) around the same time I have been a Bengals fan (when I actually started following football). Ohio State back then did just not win games, they blew teams away. Now, you could not follow them on television every weekend back them, so I actually rarely seen them on TV and only when ABC did there Wide World of Sports special show starting around 3:00 pm Saturday afternoons.
My following was via the Sunday sports page. I was infatuated with the stats; they always put big numbers and I would compare theirs with other teams, OSU stats were usually always better. I got big into THE OSU when QB Cornelious Green (#7) ran the show and a little back named Archie Griffin (#45) came along followed by Pete Johnson (#46) (whom I shared an Elevator ride; I was working at Stouffers and the service Elavator was out so I had to use a guest elavator, I heard in this deep voice "Hold the door please"; Pete had OSU shirt/shorts and a cast on his wrist, he broke it his rookie year, I believe).
I actually was a fan of CG because he was an Option QB and so was I; he was one of the first Micheal Vick type players to come around.
Saddest day, when Woody Hayes slugged that Clemson player in the Bowl game and his subsequent release.
I've never been to the shoe.
I have a ball cap and T-shirt, christmas gifts.

Archived