question for buckeye fans

I was just wondering how so many people become such diehard buckeye fans. so i came up with a few questions for you,to help me answer my questions.(please be honest)

1)how long have you been a buckeye fan?
2)Did you go to ohio state?
3)How many games have you attended?
4)How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 2000?
5)How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 2001?
6)How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 2002?
7)How did you become a buckeys fan?

Probably since 1981 or 1982. I became a football fan in 1981, and I know that by 1983 I was an OSU fan.

No. Mom worked at UC, so tuition was free, and 15% off at the bookstore.

Sadly, I have never been to an Ohio State game. Only been to 1 college football game, back in 1986 or 87 when Miami (Fla) came to UC.

Inserted: How many buckeye items(hat,shirt,ect.)did you buy in 1996?

One

None

One

Me? none, but I got a few items as gifts. I have bought at least one item every year since. Now that I have the expendable income.

My grandfather was an Ohio State fan, I rooted for most of the same teams he rooted for. UC never did anything to win my heart after already being an OSU fan.

thanks for answering jason, i became a bengals fan because that is who my grandpa and dad routed for. The only thing i don't get, is how you could be so passionate about buckeyes when you have never been to a game. I hate the buckeyes and have been to the horseshoe twice, it is a great stadium with an amazing atmosphere.

Guest oldschooler

Since the mid 70`s.

For an education ? NO.
To party ? Several times.

More than 10 and less than 1,000.

About the same amount as I did in 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996 ect...
But more than I have since 2003...there isn`t any Ohio State
stuff down here in Vols country.

Same way I became a Bengals fan. They were my
"Home" team...my Dad or Granpa weren`t sports fans.
I came to love them all by myself...

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:14 AM']3)How many games have you attended?

More than 10 and less than  1,000.
About the same amount as I did in 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996 ect...
But more than I have since 2003...there isn`t any Ohio State
stuff down here in Vols country.
[right][post="148695"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

3) not a very accurate response, is it 11 or 999?

4)5)6). you have a good excuse with living in vols country. i asked this question because all the buckeye "fans" I work with had 1 maybe 2 buckeye items prior to the national championship year, and then suddenly the had a entire wardrobe full of buckeyes stuff.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:20 AM']3) not a very accurate response, is it 11 or 999?

4)5)6). you have a good excuse with living in vols country. i asked this question because all the buckeye "fans" I work with had 1 maybe 2 buckeye items prior to the national championship year, and then suddenly the had a entire wardrobe full of buckeyes stuff.
[right][post="148701"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I`d say around 20 games.

The last one I went to was the Home Opener against Fresno State.
I think it was 2000...David Carr was their QB. The Buckeyes won
42-10 or something like that...

1) born in 1984 but ive been a fan ever since i can remember, my dad is a big fan so he always had the games on when i was a kid.
2) yes i am currently enrolled at ohio state, i just transfered there, only reason i didnt go outta high school is because i dicked around and didnt have the grades.(thats sad)
3.ive attened 3 games, but i regulary go up whenever gameday is is town.
4, 5, 6) most of the stuff i bought personally came when i was a teenager to now. but i do have some little kid stuff that my dad bought me.
7.) they are the home team, and ive always hated that team up north.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:38 AM']thanks for answering jason, i became a bengals fan because that is who my grandpa and dad routed for. The only thing i don't get, is how you could be so passionate about buckeyes when you have never been to a game. I hate the buckeyes and have been to the horseshoe twice, it is a great stadium with an amazing atmosphere.
[right][post="148674"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Because I see [b]EVERY[/b] game on TV. I was passionate about the Bengals before I ever went to a Bengals game. Once a team wins my heart, I am passionate about them. I have never had the opportunity to go to an OSU game, but would love it more than I can say. But I have lived out of Ohio since 1996, and to go to Columbus from Gettysburg PA (where I lived for a few years) or south Florida (where I am now) is a bit much. And they are never playing when I visit Cincinnati anymore.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:35 AM']I was just wondering how so many people become such diehard buckeye fans. so i came up with a few questions for you,to help me answer my questions.(please be honest)

no clue, as long as i can remember

my freshman year

10, every home game in 2000, one in 2001, 2 in 2002, one in 2003 & 2004

no clue probably have 3 or 4 shirts and one hat now, just buy it like my bengals gear.  whenever a shirt gets too shittly i buy a new one

the only other option i had as a kid was to root for UC or OSU.  none of my family every really got into college football so i was pretty much on my own.
[right][post="148609"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Never they suck ass[/b]

[b]Hell No [/b]

[b]I wouldn't waste my money on that Poo[/b]

[b]None, I wouldn't take them for free[/b]

[b]Come to think of it I might need something to dry my car with[/b]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[b]Oh sorry this Questionaire was for actual Fans :thumbsdown: [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:26 PM']1)how long have you been a buckeye fan?
[b]Never they suck ass[/b]

[b]Hell No [/b]

[b]I wouldn't waste my money on that Poo[/b]

[b]None, I wouldn't take them for free[/b]

[b]Come to think of it I might need something to dry my car with[/b]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[b]Oh sorry this Questionaire was for actual Fans  :thumbsdown: [/b]
[right][post="148891"][/post][/right][/quote]

I think OldSchooler and BengalRick are right. You have lost your mind.

My whole life.

to party a few times. not in college yet.

about 10

I'm not sure but my room is full of buckeye things and a few
bengals things and a couple reds things. I have all of the sports
illustrated things from the championship year.

You just grow up a buckeye fan if your from columbus

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Sep 15 2005, 03:56 AM']Why would you question why people like the hometown team, isn't it pretty obvious?
[right][post="149213"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

in columbus it is, but in cincinnati it seems like most fans were just causual fans, unill the national championship game. People that i have never seen wear buckeyes stuff sudenly had an entire wardrobe of buckeye clothes. hell one guy had never even been to a buckeye's game before the fiesta bowl, yet he felt the need to drive all the way to arizona to watch the game.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:48 AM']in columbus it is, but in cincinnati it seems like most fans were just causual fans, unill the national championship game. People that i have never seen wear buckeyes stuff sudenly had an entire wardrobe of buckeye clothes. hell one guy had never even been to a buckeye's game before the fiesta bowl, yet he felt the need to drive all the way to arizona to watch the game.
[right][post="149265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

OSU is huge in the dayton area.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 15 2005, 09:48 AM']in columbus it is, but in cincinnati it seems like most fans were just causual fans, unill the national championship game. People that i have never seen wear buckeyes stuff sudenly had an entire wardrobe of buckeye clothes. hell one guy had never even been to a buckeye's game before the fiesta bowl, yet he felt the need to drive all the way to arizona to watch the game.

That is because a LOT of fans in Cincinnati are fickle. PBS rarely sold out until a competitive team returned. Even I didn't become a Bengals fan until they went to XVI (although I have been diehard ever since). The Reds struggle to draw when they are not winning. Until OSU won big, a lot of Cincinnatians just didn't care. This may have changed since, but when I lived in Cincinnati, OSU wasn't on every weekend. On a % basis, I have seen more OSU games since I left Cincinnati than I did when I lived there, and in PA, that was WITHOUT GameDay.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:48 AM']in columbus it is, but in cincinnati it seems like most fans were just causual fans, unill the national championship game. People that i have never seen wear buckeyes stuff sudenly had an entire wardrobe of buckeye clothes. hell one guy had never even been to a buckeye's game before the fiesta bowl, yet he felt the need to drive all the way to arizona to watch the game.

i find this thread glorious is many ways, you and I dislike the team, well for me its mostly the fans i dislike, for the same reasons, i went to an osu/michigan game a billion years ago, and i just went to the osu/texas game, the atmosphere in the shoe is insane, but the play on the field is a mix of high school and pro, but an exciting game either way, i had fun, i would root for them on tv, but i dont see spending any money on tickets unless i was filthy rich...my grandfather went there, played baseball there and some in minor leagues, my parents both went to UC, i grew up a UC basketball fan and an osu football fan, bengals and reds of course too, but once the success started hitting especially the national champ times, it was a landslide of people who knew nothing about football talking shit to other teams fans and riding osu jock like you cant imagine, and that sickens me, sadly most of them have stayed fans and are as moronic as ever, what did bother me AT the game though, is its all 100% about the money, the place is a dungeon around the concession, the seats are about 5" deep and about 14" wide space to stand infront of, its 100% completely impossible to sit down, ever, unless you cock sideways or someone infront or behind you is gone, if that place had real seats, even small ones, in the whole thing, it would hold about 65-70,000 people, instead of 105-110,000, there are 2 merchandise booths for each concession stand, but i think im just getting old, i want club seats and luxury at this point in life, i had a blast, but i was fucking exhausted afterwards, ...

i think they need about 3-4 loosing seasons to see who the real fans are...

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 11 2005, 04:05 PM']Listen....you’re talking to Bengals fans remember?
Obviously we don’t jump on bandwagons...

I have been a Buckeye fan as long as I can remember.
Yeah...some people jump on bandwagons when teams
win ...but I highly doubt you are talking to any HERE !
[right][post="128935"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

oldschooler posted this a while back in another thread where 24k was Buckeye bashing. That says it all. What the hell are you going to do when (as most of us seem to think) Marvin gets this team into the playoffs on a consistent basis and possibly wins a title or two? You think there won’t be Bengals fans coming out of the woodwork then? Will you whine as much about that as you do about Ohio State fans?

Give it a rest. No Buckeye/Bengal fan is gonna come in here and answer your leading questions in such a was as to say that they just started rooting for the Buckeyes since they won the national title.

One more thing: if you feel the need to state that you’re not being a dick in your thread title, you probably are. Enjoy your hate. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='BuckWoody' date='Sep 17 2005, 04:02 PM']oldschooler posted this a while back in another thread where 24k was Buckeye bashing.  That says it all.  What the hell are you going to do when (as most of us seem to think) Marvin gets this team into the playoffs on a consistent basis and possibly wins a title or two?  You think there won’t be Bengals fans coming out of the woodwork then?  Will you whine as much about that as you do about Ohio State fans?

Give it a rest.  No Buckeye/Bengal fan is gonna come in here and answer your leading questions in such a was as to say that they just started rooting for the Buckeyes since they won the national title.

One more thing: if you feel the need to state that you’re not being a dick in your thread title, you probably are.  Enjoy your hate.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
[right][post="150776"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i'm sure you were a huge fan on this day [url="http://www.outbackbowl.com/facts/game01.html"]january 1st 2001[/url]

jason,oldschooler, and all others who answered honestly thank you and good luck on the rest of your season. As for buckwoody who could only answer in true buckeye fan fashion, OSUcks. guys like you are the reason that i hate ohio state fans, i asked a legitimate question trying to figure out who on here was a true osu fan and who jumped on the wagon during the NC year. You couldn't answer the questions you just came up with some bs and call me a dick, go back to your moms basement and jack off to your jim tressel poster.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:30 PM']i'm sure you were a huge fan on this day [url="http://www.outbackbowl.com/facts/game01.html"]january 1st 2001[/url]
[right][post="150844"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yep.. Dissapointed though... Thats like saying...

I'm sure you were a big bengals fan on this day [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXIII"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXIII[/url]

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:36 PM']Yep.. Dissapointed though... Thats like saying...

I'm sure you were a big bengals fan on this day [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXIII"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXIII[/url]
[right][post="150850"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yes i was. and i was and in leblows last year as h.c. when we went 2-14 i attended 13 game.

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:46 PM']yes i was. and i was and in leblows last year as h.c. when we went 2-14 i attended 13 game.
[right][post="150855"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Nope! i refuse to believe it!!! There were no Buckeye fans till the national championship and no bengals fans until marvin lewis.

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:51 PM']Nope! i refuse to believe it!!! There were no Buckeye fans till the national championship and no bengals fans until marvin lewis.
[right][post="150859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

again i'm not here to argue, i was asking a question. However i do know several people who admit that they jumped on both the bengals and buckeyes bandwagon. all i was trying to is see who the real buckeye fans are on this page.

Archived