Michael Moore Writes to those that Voted for Bush

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[color="blue"][i][b]To those that voted for Bush and still support him... feel free to write a hypothetical letter back and post it here.... I would be interested in reading this ......[/b][/i][/color]

[url="http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2005-09-11"]http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/...Date=2005-09-11[/url]

[quote]Sunday, September 11th, 2005
A Letter to All Who Voted for George W. Bush from Michael Moore

[i]To All My Fellow Americans Who Voted for George W. Bush:

On this, the fourth anniversary of 9/11, I'm just curious, how does it feel?

How does it feel to know that the man you elected to lead us after we were attacked went ahead and put a guy in charge of FEMA whose main qualification was that he ran horse shows?

That's right. Horse shows.

I really want to know -- and I ask you this in all sincerity and with all due respect -- how do you feel about the utter contempt Mr. Bush has shown for your safety? C'mon, give me just a moment of honesty. Don't start ranting on about how this disaster in New Orleans was the fault of one of the poorest cities in America. Put aside your hatred of Democrats and liberals and anyone with the last name of Clinton. Just look me in the eye and tell me our President did the right thing after 9/11 by naming a horse show runner as the top man to protect us in case of an emergency or catastrophe.

I want you to put aside your self-affixed label of Republican/conservative/born-again/capitalist/ditto-head/right-winger and just talk to me as an American, on the common ground we both call America.

Are we safer now than before 9/11? When you learn that behind the horse show runner, the #2 and #3 men in charge of emergency preparedness have zero experience in emergency preparedness, do you think we are safer?

When you look at Michael Chertoff, the head of Homeland Security, a man with little experience in national security, do you feel secure?

When men who never served in the military and have never seen young men die in battle send our young people off to war, do you think they know how to conduct a war? Do they know what it means to have your legs blown off for a threat that was never there?

Do you really believe that turning over important government services to private corporations has resulted in better services for the people?

Why do you hate our federal government so much? You have voted for politicians for the past 25 years whose main goal has been to de-fund the federal government. Do you think that cutting federal programs like FEMA and the Army Corps of Engineers has been good or bad for America? GOOD OR BAD?

With the nation's debt at an all-time high, do you think tax cuts for the rich are still a good idea? Will you give yours back so hundreds of thousands of homeless in New Orleans can have a home?

Do you believe in Jesus? Really? Didn't he say that we would be judged by how we treat the least among us? Hurricane Katrina came in and blew off the facade that we were a nation with liberty and justice for all. The wind howled and the water rose and what was revealed was that the poor in America shall be left to suffer and die while the President of the United States fiddles and tells them to eat cake.

That's not a joke. The day the hurricane hit and the levees broke, Mr. Bush, John McCain and their rich pals were stuffing themselves with cake. A full day after the levees broke (the same levees whose repair funding he had cut), Mr. Bush was playing a guitar some country singer gave him. All this while New Orleans sank under water.

It would take ANOTHER day before the President would do a flyover in his jumbo jet, peeking out the window at the misery 2500 feet below him as he flew back to his second home in DC. It would then be TWO MORE DAYS before a trickle of federal aid and troops would arrive. This was no seven minutes in a sitting trance while children read "My Pet Goat" to him. This was FOUR DAYS of doing nothing other than saying "Brownie (FEMA director Michael Brown), you're doing a heck of a job!"

My Republican friends, does it bother you that we are the laughing stock of the world?

And on this sacred day of remembrance, do you think we honor or shame those who died on 9/11/01? If we learned nothing and find ourselves today every bit as vulnerable and unprepared as we were on that bright sunny morning, then did the 3,000 die in vain?

Our vulnerability is not just about dealing with terrorists or natural disasters. We are vulnerable and unsafe because we allow one in eight Americans to live in horrible poverty. We accept an education system where one in six children never graduate and most of those who do can't string a coherent sentence together. The middle class can't pay the mortgage or the hospital bills and 45 million have no health coverage whatsoever.

Are we safe? Do you really feel safe? You can only move so far out and build so many gated communities before the fruit of what you've sown will be crashing through your walls and demanding retribution. Do you really want to wait until that happens? Or is it your hope that if they are left alone long enough to soil themselves and shoot themselves and drown in the filth that fills the street that maybe the problem will somehow go away?

I know you know better. You gave the country and the world a man who wasn't up for the job and all he does is hire people who aren't up for the job. You did this to us, to the world, to the people of New Orleans. Please fix it. Bush is yours. And you know, for our peace and safety and security, this has to be fixed. What do you propose?

I have an idea, and it isn't a horse show.

Yours,
Michael Moore[/i][/quote]

Dear Michael Moore,

Anything I was to say to you, can and would be taken out of context or twisted or used in a way I didnt intend. It's what you do, your M/O, therefore any serious letter to you shouldnt be written.

Thank You,
Jamie_B

(rips up letter to not have it twisted)

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]BJ, maybe you should stop swallowing everything Michael Moore feeds you and relax.[/quote]

[i][b]I didn't say anything about swallowing anything... Hell if anything he copied me, he wrote this on Sept 11th and I was screaming this shit on Sept 4th....[/b][/i]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='kitkat' date='Sep 22 2005, 06:55 PM']im not a fan of michael moore in the least bit, but he made some good points
[right][post="155263"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i HATE michael moore, but i agree w/ you... he did... usually i read his stuff and just say "no", "no", and "what the hell did he just say?!?" but this time i actually agreed w/ some of what he says... mainly the FEMA part and "brownie"... every time i hear that name now, i cringe...

i still think he's just using this disaster for political gains, and to answer his question "are we safer than before 9/11" i say this: before 9/11 we were attacked a few times, but nothing major... that was a time when al qaeda was more planning... but lets not act like things were fine and dandy in the 90's, or should i say "the clinton years"...

world trade center-1993
battle of mogadishu-1995
african embassies blown up-1998
uss cole bombing-2000)

as a matter of fact, osama has said it himself, that he felt we were a paper tiger and were incapable or unwilling to fight back... he did do this to provoke war and he did, BUT he didn't expect it to be like this... it never was in the past... he felt that terror was his best option... that has proven wrong time and time again in history... it will be again...

since 9/11 - ..... (knocking on wood prefusely)

i am giving SOME slack to all parties that fucked up considering this was a natural disaster that took everyone by surprise... we can say that "this was predicted" and you would be right, but look at it in a real way, did you expect New Orleans to be literally under water, or the superdome being considered for being condemned?? unfortinately, we don't usually learn lessons until its done, but the good news is we do learn those lessons... not only government, but people do too... i GUARENTEE that if those folks in NO that stayed behind could go back in time, they would have left (if they could of course)... if this happens in the future, i also bet that most everyone will leave... most are in houston and galveston and for good reason... galveston will probably be under water by this time tommorrow... i pray that i'm wrong, but they have a 17 (or something) foot wall, and are expecting a 25+ foot storm surge...

i do feel safer against a terror attack though... we are safer, b/c we're not ignoring it... of course it is hard, especially at first, but it is a must... we all have to remember, that the hardest parts are the parts we're done w/... we now have to train an army, and get out of iraq... but we're far from done w/ fighting terror... in the near future, we have to get other countries, such as france, germany and others so we can really fight terror... and i'm not talking about regime change... i think we've had enough of that for now, but putting pressure and THREATENING to fuck them up, if they don't comply... iraq should be toned down tremendously in about a year... we will be there much longer, don't get me wrong, but nothing like now imo... but now that countries know we do mean business, unlike the 90's and the four attacks against america during clinton's years, we might actually get something done, and i mean good things that we may all enjoy in the world...

we will never defeat terrorism as a whole... but if we can contain it, and take the fight to them, it will make us safer...

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Sep 22 2005, 08:31 PM'][img]http://69.28.73.17/issue7/moore.jpg[/img]
[right][post="155287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Ha, this picture got me thinking, briefly. Michael Moore is making tons of cash off of everything GW does. Oh wait, I guess they are in it together. He wouldn't have as much cash if there was a President in office that he liked, would he?

[quote name='steggyD' date='Sep 22 2005, 09:41 PM']Ha, this picture got me thinking, briefly. Michael Moore is making tons of cash off of everything GW does. Oh wait, I guess they are in it together. He wouldn't have as much cash if there was a President in office that he liked, would he?
[right][post="155313"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes, he would.

He's a fear-monger. A very-slippery snake, MM. Turn on the news, any major news, on the top of the hour. The lead story is his topic [i]du jour[/i]. Guns, unions, 9/11, or Katrina - he'll find a to dip his bread in the gravy of fear.

Really, how does that make MM any more noble than the evil corporations most of you love to hate?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Black, let us know when you get your special letter![/quote]

[i][b]I am sure one of these guys is working tirelessly to woe us with their convictons and Bush like eloquence to respond back [/b][/i]

My response:

Good work comrade. You've covered everything on the liberal agenda checklist perfectly.

FEMA failed- check
Private corporations getting rich- check
Bush doesn't care about the american people - check
Republican/conservatives are closed-minded - check
National Debt - check
Questioning their religious beliefs - check
Poverty started during the Bush administration - check
etc......

You forgot blood for oil, but we'll let it slide this time. Just mention at least 4 times next time to make up for it.

Keep punching the clock, my rotund rebel friend. Soon even republicans will start believing this shit if they hear it enough.

Archived