Bengals houses

[quote name='steggyD' date='Sep 30 2005, 09:26 PM']Palmer's house owns Lewis's house.

Owning an old home, I can personally say, even though they have that nostalgic feeling and tons of this so called "character", they suck. Too many problems, too many things to fix. New houses, if built right, will last a long time before they have all of those problems. Hopefully they can sell these houses before they hit that stage.
[right][post="160365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Don't knock the old houses. Find one thats been taken care of and they're awesome. My house is 100 years old. I'm lucky in the respect that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The only parts that are close to wearing out are the modern conveniences that didn't exist when the house was built. Structurally, the house is solid as a rock. Got all the original wood floors, windows, doors, etc. It rocks. They don't make them like this anymore.

I'm with Mongo on this...(I say that way too much :ninja: )

I don't find that style of house very appealing...Even if they are valuable (and well-built). They have all the charm of a billboard.

If it were me...All I would care about is living on the river, and having a waterfront cottage...So, I would sink the money into a place like that...Preferably, an hour from work.

BZ

Guest steggyD
[quote name='CatScratchFever' date='Sep 30 2005, 09:35 PM']Don't knock the old houses.  Find one thats been taken care of and they're awesome.  My house is 100 years old.  I'm lucky in the respect that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.  The only parts that are close to wearing out are the modern conveniences that didn't exist when the house was built.  Structurally, the house is solid as a rock.  Got all the original wood floors, windows, doors, etc.  It rocks.  They don't make them like this anymore.
[right][post="160367"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Oh, I'm not knocking them. My house is even older than that. It goes back to the 1880's. The wood frame is made from the old trees, which means it is naturally treated for lasting through practically eternity. We aren't allowed to use those trees anymore, what little trees are left. So we have to pressure treat wood now. It is in fine shape, but it's all those little things that bother me. The basement is not level, so when it gets water in it, all the water does not run to the sump pump, it just sits there. Plaster walls suck ass. I've redone a few walls, but it's a large house. Plaster walls mean no wall insulation. It can take me forever with the time and money I have to redo all the walls and insulate them. Ducting to the upstairs is insulated with asbestos. Settling has caused some of the doorframes to be crooked, some floors not perfectly level. The list goes on.

On the other hand, I have hardwood floors, nice wood trim and molding. Large house, tall ceilings (but hell on heat). Large bathroom, etc.

[quote name='knomage' date='Sep 30 2005, 12:07 PM']having a picture posted of where i live

might make me a little fearful for the safety of my family

Do you think its really necessary to know this info

to enjoy our team?
[right][post="160197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

whuh?

no one posted addresses, or maps, or mentioned anything about families, how is this even close to as bad as espn and sports writers writing articles and have news conferences about mike vick aka ron mexico and his std's/personal info, its all public domain, i think its in teresting to see how people live, what they find important, huge house/cars/etc... its really no different than listing hobbies or interests in profiles...

i dont think this is stalker-ish or intrusion in any way..

but i know where your coming from...

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Sep 30 2005, 01:20 PM']I had nothing to do with this. 
:ninja:
[right][post="160205"][/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Archived