Yahoo's 2 round Mock

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft032207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-m...o&type=lgns[/url]

Interesting. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

I'd be happy with that draft.

The knock on Branch is that he may not be a playmaker, but does he really have to be? His job is to take up space and allow others to make plays, which he can do. In addition, he seems like an unselfish player, which would fit well into Marvin's philosophy.

We've been craving a huge, space eating DT for years now ...it'd be nice to finally get one.

Guest happyrid
Taking Branch would make me nervous as hell, but at 18 and with our historical weakness at DT, you have to take the chance I think. I love the Wilson pick in the second.

Some of the picks in this mock are a little crazy to me though. Like Ryan Harris over Blaylock and Grubbs. Harris has looked terrible and may not even go first day, much less top 40. It's interesting to see that he has the LB Durant that high and ahead of bigger name guys like Lawrence Timmons.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='461302' date='Mar 23 2007, 01:47 PM']i'd love branch but that guy has issues :crazy: if he thinks branch falls that far[/quote]

it wouldn't shock me in the least if Branch was still there.

Even though Branch might be good, I don't think we can afford to gamble with gambling. The draft is already a gamble, now we're going to gamble on our first round draft choice who may be as lazy as Mattias Askew!? We need a proven guy in the first, not one who we think is proven if he comes to play that day. If the draft went this way, my choice would be a trade down for an extra third rounder, pick up Posluszny, and the draft would be falling into place. Wilson in the second is about as good as you can ask for.

[quote name='natifanatic' post='461514' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:09 PM']Even though Branch might be good, I don't think we can afford to gamble with gambling. The draft is already a gamble, now we're going to gamble on our first round draft choice who may be as lazy as Mattias Askew!? We need a proven guy in the first, not one who we think is proven if he comes to play that day. If the draft went this way, my choice would be a trade down for an extra third rounder, pick up Posluszny, and the draft would be falling into place. Wilson in the second is about as good as you can ask for.[/quote]
I agree. Puz + a 3rd round pick >>>> Branch.

[quote name='Montecore' post='461211' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:18 AM']I'd be happy with that draft.

The knock on Branch is that he may not be a playmaker, but does he really have to be? His job is to take up space and allow others to make plays, which he can do. In addition, he seems like an unselfish player, which would fit well into Marvin's philosophy.

We've been craving a huge, space eating DT for years now ...it'd be nice to finally get one.[/quote]
Agreed.

Haloti Ngata had exectly the same knocks on him, coming out last year, and he's now an established starter with Baltimore. Speaking of the Ravens, under Marvin their D had [b]not one, but two[/b] space eating defensive tackles - Adams and Siragusa. I think our D will improve alot with another big body in there. Then we can get our talented linebackers to make plays behind them. I noticed this also when Peko at 319 lbs replaced Thornton at 297 lbs during that 4 game winning steak last year, when the combo of Adams and Peko provided us with our best D-line preformances, and even our backup linebackers(Miller) were able to be effective and play well behind those two big bodies.

Archived