Question for those who went to the game....

It was hard to tell on TV....

1) Were the Bengal fans really into the game, at least in the first half? From TV there was not much evidence of the crowd noise, etc, but sometimes it just doesn't show up for technical reasons.

2) Were there many Steeler fans? Percentage? Again, from TV it was hard to tell....you could see alot of yellow, but with the rain it could have just been Bengal fans in rain coats too....they showed more Pitt banners, i.e. Heinz Field West, etc. than Cincy banners, but you can tell any story you want with cameras.

3) Were pat downs an issue with any of you?

Just curious.

1.) Fans were into it at the start of the game, but the first few drives seemed to hurt a LOT.

2.) I thought there were far less steelers fans than in the past. I did see a lot of Bengals fans wearing YELLOW rain coats. Who does that???

3.) Pat downs were not a problem at all. There wasn't a line when I went in, and it took less than 5 seconds.

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='175814' date='Oct 24 2005, 02:18 PM']1.) Fans were into it at the start of the game, but the first few drives seemed to hurt a LOT.

2.) I thought there were far less steelers fans than in the past. I did see a lot of Bengals fans wearing YELLOW rain coats. Who does that???

3.) Pat downs were not a problem at all. There wasn't a line when I went in, and it took less than 5 seconds.[/quote]

Very true on all points.

The patdowns were nothing.

From all of the sustained drives, my throat was killing me by halftime. I couldn't hardly talk, and my head was killing me.

Crowd was there for 1st half...then seemed like people starting
leaving in droves with 12 minutes to go....kinda pissed me off
but I can't control the Bandwagon fans...

pat-down was nothing....

I'd say 1/4 to 1/5 of the stadium was Steeler fans...
Not nearly as many as it use to be....you got a good look at
it in the 4th quarter because all the fair-weather Bengal fans
were gone....only thing left was some die-hards (like us)
and the rest were fucking steeler fans...

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='175831' date='Oct 24 2005, 02:53 PM']Crowd was there for 1st half...then seemed like people starting

pat-down was nothing....

and the rest were fucking steeler fans...[/quote]

Crowd noise was pretty terrible, in my opinion. My brother and I were the only ones standing and making noise in our area during any of the goal line stands. It made me mad.

Beotch is being extraordinarily kind to the Steelers fans about their presence. 2300 Steelers fans may even be pushing it. I did the math during the game and came up with somewhere between 1800 and 2300 visible Steelers fans (I was just dorky enough to do it. Counted the section with the heaviest concentration on each deck, multiplied by the number of sections on the particular deck, doubled that number for the deck on my side of the stadium, etc... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] ). Considering 66,000 people were there, the Pittsburgh representation was hardly noticeable.

Pat downs were an insult. I raised my arms and the guy tapped my arm pits, then lightly touched my back between the shoulder blades as I walked by. I smell some sort of scam going on here. Either the NFL needed to hire more people to fit some sort of quota, or lawyers told them to insulate themselves from potential lawsuits by pretending to do pat downs. Whatever the case, this is garbage. Either have honest to God patdowns, or don't....

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='175831' date='Oct 24 2005, 01:53 PM']Crowd was there for 1st half...then seemed like people starting

pat-down was nothing....

and the rest were fucking steeler fans...[/quote]
amen

Archived