Bengals to draft 26th

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='203812' date='Jan 14 2006, 08:11 PM']- Huff is a top ten pick, and a fricken stud. He was in on every play against USC.
- Ngata is a top fifteen pick.
- Wroten is a drug dealer.
- Kiwanuka is not slipping because Quentin Moses already said he's going back to school.
- There's really only two or three defensive tackles that are worth a first round pick. Haloti Ngata, Oregon, Brodrick Bunkley, Florida State, and [b]MAYBE[/b] Orien Harris, Miami (FL)
- Greg Blue is GARBAGE!! He was absolutely non existant in the Sugar bowl, and seems to have a really bad attitude. He will likely switch to outside linebacker in the NFL.[/quote]

1. Huff will not be a top ten pick! There has only be one safety to get picked in the top ten in the past ten years and that was Roy Williams. Huff is not as good as Roy was when he came out so I think he will be picked from 12 to 25 in the first round.
2. Kiwanuka is slipping! He is all ready rated the 2nd best DE in the Draft behind Mario Williams who is bigger and faster. Plus, DE tend to slip in the draft.
3. Ngata maybe a top fifteen pick but I think he will slip do to his injury he had in 2003. Ngata tore his ACL in 2003
4. I agree
5. I agree
6. I agree!!! Greg Blue he is too slow to play safety .

[quote name='fredtoast' post='202688' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:07 PM']There is no safety out there worth a first round pick. I'm hoping that Tennessee's Jason Allen is fully recovered and we can "steal" him in the second or third round. He was a pre-season all-american at conerback and projected as a first-rounder before hurting his hip this year, but last season he played [b]safety[/b] and led the SEC in tackles. He has corner speed and cover skills, but is the size of a safety and a hits like a truck. He also has perfect tackling technique. He doesn't just try to knock the shit out of guys. You never see him duck his head and wiff or get faked off his feet. He wraps them up and brings them down.[/quote]

Jason Allen
Strengths:
Has excellent size and long arms...Is a smooth athlete with fluid hips and quick feet...A playmaker in the secondary with good hands and a nose for the ball...Is equally effective against the run and in pass coverage...Versatile and has experience at multiple positions in the secondary...Smart player who is a team captain and leader on the field...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Might be a 'tweener without a true position...Will need to pick a position and focus on mastering the nuances of it rather than bouncing around...[size=2][u]Is not a great tackler...Could be more physical...Average speed for the outside might be exposed at the next level...Dislocated his hip in October and also has a history of shoulder problems so health and durability will be a question mark[/u]. [/size]
Notes:
Could project to either safety or corner at the pro level...Almost entered the draft a year ago but changed his mind at the last minute and decided to return to the Vols and play cornerback in hopes of increasing his draft stock...Can be tried out at corner and in a worst-case scenario he could be moved to free safety

[quote name='fredtoast' post='203733' date='Jan 14 2006, 04:29 PM'][quote name='Lawman' post='203257' date='Jan 13 2006, 06:12 PM']
I'm hoping someone wants KW.

We get a compensatory 3rd.

Trade up; our First and compensatory 3rd.

Take Huff[/quote]

I hope that the Bengals NEVER trade up in the draft. It has been proven that the NFL draft is more of a gamble than people think. There are a lot of first round picks that never amount to much. I believe that you are always better off drafting a larger number of players. That way you have a greater chance of getting a quality player. Even the BEST teams have had first and second round busts.
[/quote]

In my scenario, we Draft the same amount of players; moving up for the Top player at the position. You don't think Sean Taylor was worth a 1st Round pick (based on talent wise, not character issues). He is defensive force in Washington's Defense.

[quote]Based on what I have seen from Marvin I believe that he thinks a lot like me. I don't think we will ever give up draft picks in order to move up[/quote]
Again, we are not given up Picks. If this was Marvin's first Draft; I would agree with you.
But, this is his fourth and I am sure he see's the need now to seek Quality over Quantity.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='203971' date='Jan 15 2006, 01:37 AM'][quote name='Jason' post='202772' date='Jan 12 2006, 07:33 PM']
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='202750' date='Jan 12 2006, 06:43 PM']
Give me my boy Greg Blue.[/quote]

Not in 1. Dude can't cover.
[/quote]

It is hard for me to judge a safety's cover skills from just watching a game on TV because you don't see them in as many one-on-one match ups as the CBs. However I will say that it is amazing that a team with a safety that can't cover would have the number 10 pass defense in then nation. Only three teams in the country gave up fewer passing tds than Georgia, so he couldn't have gotten beaten too often.

The one thing I can say for certain about Blue is that he is a tackling machine. The one full Georgia game I watched this year was against Tennessee. He had about 17 tackles and made plays all over the field.
[/quote]

They don't ask him to cover that much, for 2 reasons. 1. They have some good CBs. 2. He can't cover. I saw him 1 on 1 and he got burned. I watched 3 or 4 Georgia games, LSU, Auburn, Ga Tech and some of W VA. He was almost invisible in those games.

What I saw of Blue did not impress me. Not to take in 1 anyway.

Guest Spor_tees
I agree, we don't take Blue in Round 1. We take Leonard Pope in the bottom of round 1, then take Blue if he is there in round 2, or take a defensive tackle if he isn't. There are so many FA safeties out there this year and with Madieu coming back, I think a lot of you guys are putting so much importance on the position by judging it without Madieu. The position won't be as much of a weakness once he is back.

last week i got a link from cbssportsline.com and it said we were drafting 22nd wit the other to be determined but now on nfldraftcountdown.com it has us drafting lower like 24th what is the deal?!!!i know its 2 spots but i think they messed up because i was told that the further u go in the playoffs (record doesnt matter) the worse your draft pick will be. Tell me what the deal is and if any one has any updated order plez give me the hook up thanks.

Guest Claptonrocks
yeah lets take another fucking offensive player inthe first round...
Blue might not be able to cover but slow he aint.
Bengals cant draft 26 when there are still 9 teams left in playoffs.
I heard 22 .. sounds right to me due to schedule strength.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='204907' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:24 PM']yeah lets take another fucking offensive player inthe first round...
Blue might not be able to cover but slow he aint.
Bengals cant draft 26 when there are still 9 teams left in playoffs.
I heard 22 .. sounds right to me due to schedule strength.[/quote]

I would take an offensive player if he's a TE, and the best value for the pick at the spot. If there isn't a SS, DT, or possibly a CB worth taking at 22/26, and there is a TE worth taking, I would absolutely do it.

There are only a couple clear first round DTs, and only a couple first round safeties. It is possible that there won't be a value pick on D when we draft.

Archived