Bengals to draft 26th

Guest fredtoast
There is no safety out there worth a first round pick. I'm hoping that Tennessee's Jason Allen is fully recovered and we can "steal" him in the second or third round. He was a pre-season all-american at conerback and projected as a first-rounder before hurting his hip this year, but last season he played [b]safety[/b] and led the SEC in tackles. He has corner speed and cover skills, but is the size of a safety and a hits like a truck. He also has perfect tackling technique. He doesn't just try to knock the shit out of guys. You never see him duck his head and wiff or get faked off his feet. He wraps them up and brings them down.

Guest happyrid
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='202677' date='Jan 12 2006, 03:20 PM']Rd. 1 DT Claude Wroten, LSU
Rd. 2 SS Dwayne Slay, Texas Tech (unless Landry or Allen are stil around)
Rd. 3 TE David Thomas, Texas[/quote]

I really liked Wroten. I think he is the best interior pass rusher in the draft.

But, he recently got busted for drugs with the intent to distribute (though I think it was just a fairly small amount of weed). I doubt he goes in the first round now with that cloud over his head. Maybe he ends up being a second round steal like Odell, or maybe he is trouble waiting to happen.

Are the Bengals in a position where we can afford to take chances on players with "character concerns"?

I don't know the answer, what does everyone else think?

[quote name='fredtoast' post='202688' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:06 PM'][b]There is no safety out there worth a first round pick.[/b] I'm hoping that Tennessee's Jason Allen is fully recovered and we can "steal" him in the second or third round. He was a pre-season all-american at conerback and projected as a first-rounder before hurting his hip this year, but last season he played [b]safety[/b] and led the SEC in tackles. He has corner speed and cover skills, but is the size of a safety and a hits like a truck. He also has perfect tackling technique. He doesn't just try to knock the shit out of guys. You never see him duck his head and wiff or get faked off his feet. He wraps them up and brings them down.[/quote]

Yeah there is. Mike Huff from Texas. But I doubt he will be there when we pick.

Kiper on Huff:

9. Michael Huff, DB, Texas (6-1, 205) | previous rank: 8
Athletic and instinctive, he has shown the versatility to play cornerback or safety at the next level.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='202688' date='Jan 12 2006, 02:06 PM']There is no safety out there worth a first round pick. I'm hoping that Tennessee's Jason Allen is fully recovered and we can "steal" him in the second or third round. He was a pre-season all-american at conerback and projected as a first-rounder before hurting his hip this year, but last season he played [b]safety[/b] and led the SEC in tackles. He has corner speed and cover skills, but is the size of a safety and a hits like a truck. He also has perfect tackling technique. He doesn't just try to knock the shit out of guys. You never see him duck his head and wiff or get faked off his feet. He wraps them up and brings them down.[/quote]

Mike Huff, Texas saftey is for sure a 1st round pick, but will be gone by the time we pick.

[quote name='Jason' post='202695' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:15 PM']Yeah there is. Mike Huff from Texas. But I doubt he will be there when we pick.

Kiper on Huff:

9. Michael Huff, DB, Texas (6-1, 205) | previous rank: 8
Athletic and instinctive, he has shown the versatility to play cornerback or safety at the next level.[/quote]

[quote name='mt-bengal' post='202696' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:17 PM']Mike Huff, Texas saftey is for sure a 1st round pick, but will be gone by the time we pick.[/quote]

Great minds think alike.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Jason' post='202699' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:19 PM']Great minds think alike.[/quote]

You guys are both right. I completely forgot about Huff. You're also correct in that he won't last until 26. He is a stud.

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks Huff isn't very good. After the hype people gave him on here I watched him closely in the texas/usc game. I thought he played rather poorly and always got to where he should be a second late. That's the only time I've ever seen him play, so maybe it was just a bad game.

I hope he's gone by the time we pick

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='gatorclaws' post='202711' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:47 PM']I guess I'm one of the few that thinks Huff isn't very good. After the hype people gave him on here I watched him closely in the texas/usc game. I thought he played rather poorly and always got to where he should be a second late. That's the only time I've ever seen him play, so maybe it was just a bad game.

I hope he's gone by the time we pick[/quote]

he was the defensive player of the game for the national championship?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='202714' date='Jan 12 2006, 02:49 PM'][quote name='gatorclaws' post='202711' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:47 PM']
I guess I'm one of the few that thinks Huff isn't very good. After the hype people gave him on here I watched him closely in the texas/usc game. I thought he played rather poorly and always got to where he should be a second late. That's the only time I've ever seen him play, so maybe it was just a bad game.

I hope he's gone by the time we pick[/quote]

he was the defensive player of the game for the national championship?
[/quote]

LOL, you beat me to it. I was going to ask what game he was watching?? We would be BLESSED to have Huff but it is a pipe dream.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='SD_semro' post='202733' date='Jan 12 2006, 05:56 PM']Ko Simpson is a very good safety against the run and pass, He play at South Carolina.

We could take him in the first then claude wrote and rounding out the first day with David Thomas[/quote]

got some info on him? Haven't heard of him, and haven't seen him listed in anyone's top 10 at safety.

[quote name='cantstop85' post='202767' date='Jan 12 2006, 07:25 PM']The bengals will be picking 22nd i dont know why it took so long for everyone to fond out.

[url="http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update"]http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update[/url][/quote]

22nd is a little bit better.................... :blink:

Maybe just maybe we can pick up Huff now....still doubt it.

yeh cuz huff probly going top 10 or 15 at least unless he does bad at combine or gets in trouble. But thats the one player i rilly want. i was thinking maybe we could trade up to get him. Maybe we could exchange 1st round picks with another team andgive them a player like kelley washington.

Archived