Bengals still would have lost even if Palmer had played the whole game

Look, I know some of you like to believe in dreams and stardust but... here are the facts.

The Bengals ability to beat the Steelers is all about what the Steeler offense does -- not what Carson Palmer does.

When the Bengals win the turnover battle, they have a chance to beat Pittsburgh. A chance, not a lock.

You all seem to have developed amnesia over the fact that the Steelers OWNED Palmer in game #1. As if that game never happened, you all take magical leaps over to game #2 in Pittsburgh.

A game that Carson Palmer doesn't win, but turnovers do. A game that, even with the Steelers making all the mistakes, the Bengals just barely pull out.

To recap: two games played, one Steeler domination, one Bengal squeak-out. Game one the Bengals don't win the turnovers. Game two, they do.

In the playoff game, the Steelers don't turn the ball over. So it doesn't matter if Kitna, Palmer or freakin' Kenny Anderson plays, it's lights out for Cincy.

Add to that Palmer's tendency to start out hot then choke late in big games, and the deal is sealed.

Yes, Carson Palmer, a QB so good, he couldn't keep from choking against the stinkin' BUFFALO BILLS. Who barely got by Cleveland without some questionable yellow flags. And you expect him to win a playoff game?

It's a fact that Palmer doesn't handle high-pressure games well. Yeah, I know, the big first pass -- that's classic work from Mr. First Half. Trust me, he'd have folded once the Steelers made halftime adjustments.

This is Carson Palmer, a QB the Steelers have owned 3 out of 4 games. There's a reason for that. :1violin:

As for the signs I've seen crying about "taking our place at the table" -- get over it, the Steelers aren't sitting at your place, it's a place they've earned.

If the Steelers can handle Peyton Manning, I think they could have taken Little Carson. Or are you trying to suggest Palmer is better than Manning?

For those of you here not under the delusion, please pardon the above. It does not apply to you.

But for the rest... please read it twice.

Guest oldschooler
Look this is a Bengals ONLY forum and you`re a fucktard.

You can`t bring facts...FACTS can be PROVEN.

The FACT is that no one KNOWS how that game
would have played out so fuck off...

Guest BadassBengal
Who is this cock sucking nobody who can't read rules? Facts are Steelers couldn't win the damn game without taking out Carson. You guys are fucking pathetic, and Cowher is gonna choke in the big bowl. Go FUCK YOURSELF

I cannot understand why Steelers fans feel the need(almost a month later) to come in and gloat about a game they won, by putting a dirty hit on the Bengals Starting QB.

No one knows what would have happened. By your logic, John Kitna and Kyle Boller are better Quarterbacks than Peyton Manning.

Guest fredtoast
The whole game would have been different if Carson had played. The Steelers would have been playing from farther behind and under more pressure to catch up. That extra pressure would have changed the Steelers gameplan. That extra pressure would have led to more turnovers by Big Ben.

Our ignoring the first loss is just as abd as your ignoring the second loss.

The fact is that we split the games where we both had our starting QBs. Anything beyond that is just conjecture. You are entitled to your delusions just as much as we are.

[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208919' date='Jan 26 2006, 03:16 PM']Look, I know some of you like to believe in dreams and stardust but... here are the facts.

The Bengals ability to beat the Steelers is all about what the Steeler offense does -- not what Carson Palmer does.

When the Bengals win the turnover battle, they have a chance to beat Pittsburgh. A chance, not a lock.

You all seem to have developed amnesia over the fact that the Steelers OWNED Palmer in game #1. As if that game never happened, you all take magical leaps over to game #2 in Pittsburgh.

A game that Carson Palmer doesn't win, but turnovers do. A game that, even with the Steelers making all the mistakes, the Bengals just barely pull out.

To recap: two games played, one Steeler domination, one Bengal squeak-out. Game one the Bengals don't win the turnovers. Game two, they do.

In the playoff game, the Steelers don't turn the ball over. So it doesn't matter if Kitna, Palmer or freakin' Kenny Anderson plays, it's lights out for Cincy.

Add to that Palmer's tendency to start out hot then choke late in big games, and the deal is sealed.

Yes, Carson Palmer, a QB so good, he couldn't keep from choking against the stinkin' BUFFALO BILLS. Who barely got by Cleveland without some questionable yellow flags. And you expect him to win a playoff game?

It's a fact that Palmer doesn't handle high-pressure games well. Yeah, I know, the big first pass -- that's classic work from Mr. First Half. Trust me, he'd have folded once the Steelers made halftime adjustments.

This is Carson Palmer, a QB the Steelers have owned 3 out of 4 games. There's a reason for that. :1violin:

I've seen some of the sad Bengal signs I've seen crying about "taking our place at the table" -- get over it, the Steelers aren't sitting at your place, it's a place they've earned.

If the Steelers can handle Peyton Manning, I think they could have taken Little Carson. Or are you trying to suggest Palmer is better than Manning?

For those of you here not under the delusion, please pardon the above. It does not apply to you.

But for the rest... please read it twice.[/quote]

once carson was taken out of the game by the cheating asshole it didn't just affect our quarterback situation but our whole team... Carsons a leader on the field and without him our whole team suffers which showed in the pitt game. if i recall correctly our D stopped your O on the first drive of the game which caused you to punt. you offense didn't do shit the first drive as where carsons first pass went for 60 yards. if you don't think that if he would have played the whole game we would have had a REALLY good chance to win then you sir are RETARDED

Guest oldschooler
Here`s a FACT for you...Palmer shredded your Defense
the last 2 games he played in.

He completed 24 out of 39 passes for 293 yards 3 TD`s and 0 INT`s.
And he had a qb rating of well over 100.

That much is a FACT.

The rest of the bullshit you posted is pure biased speculation.
You`re looking through piss colored glasses.

So again FUCK OFF.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='208929' date='Jan 26 2006, 04:25 PM']Don't the Steelers have other worries right now?

Go to a Seahawks board and spout your shit.

Whats the point of coming here and posting that shit?[/quote]

He is hoping BJ will give him some more BigBen/Kimo photoshops to masterbate too

Guest bengalrick
i guess your saying that time of possession, no huddle offense tiring out the steelers offense, the fact that kitna had 2 int's in a crucial time, and effect the injury itself had on the team would have nothing to do w/ the outcome of the game...

is that you cleo?

how the fuck do you know what WOULD have happened?

"Here`s a FACT for you...Palmer shredded your Defense
the last 2 games he played in."

The last TWO games? What are you smoking? Cincy didn't even score a TD until garbage time in the first game. Palmer was owned. Palmer has been owned 3 out of 4 times they've played.

Look, I only posted -- and politely -- because I see all the suicidal hate posts out there. I was only trying to help you guys relax.

Chill.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208936' date='Jan 26 2006, 03:39 PM']"Here`s a FACT for you...Palmer shredded your Defense

The last TWO games? What are you smoking? Cincy didn't even score a TD until garbage time in the first game. Palmer was owned. Palmer has been owned 3 out of 4 times they've played.

Look, I only posted -- and politely -- because I see all the suicidal hate posts out there. I was only trying to help you guys relax.

Chill.[/quote]

Uh, no. Get the fuck off our forums, you stupid piece of shit. You fucking filthy ass muncher. If I met you in person right now, I'd probably attempt to kill you. LEAVE, BITCH.

Fuck this. Where's the God damn mods? Ban his ass already.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208936' date='Jan 26 2006, 02:39 PM']"Here`s a FACT for you...Palmer shredded your Defense

Chill.[/quote]

Are you trying to be a moron ...or does it just come naturally ?

Yeah the LAST TWO GAMES Palmer played IN.
You know...the game AT Pissburgh AND the Playoff game ?
THOSE WERE THE LAST TWO GAMES PALMER PLAYED IN.

And look, we really don`t NEED you you to come here and
"convince" us that we would have lost if Palmer hadn`t
been injured. FACT is we will never know what would
have happened.

There are no suicidal post. But there is alot of hate.
And all you`re doing is throwing fuel on the fire.

So again...FUCK OFF. :flip:

"Yeah the LAST TWO GAMES Palmer played IN.
THOSE WERE THE LAST TWO GAMES PALMER PLAYED IN."

Oh I get it... you're actually counting the playoff game and ONE PASS as "shredding" a defense.

Geez, and you called ME a moron.

Look, if you're this bitter, I'll pack it up and go. But remember, the Steelers HAVE owned Palmer 3 out of 4 games. And he does tend to choke LATE in big games... so what he did with that first pass in right in character. Big difference between first pass and late 4th quarter.

One more thing though: you all told us to shut up and quit whining when Thurmann cheap-shotted Ben. Then it was funny. Now... it's a federal crime.

Don't bother responding, I'm outta here... bye.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208947' date='Jan 26 2006, 03:56 PM']"Yeah the LAST TWO GAMES Palmer played IN.

Oh I get it... you're actually counting the playoff game and ONE PASS as "shredding" a defense.

Look, if you're this bitter, I'll pack it up and go. But remember, the Steelers HAVE owned Palmer 3 out of 4 games. And he does tend to choke LATE in big games... so what he did with that first pass in right in character. Big difference between first pass and late 4th quarter.

One more thing though: you all told us to shut up and quit whining when Thurmann cheap-shotted Ben. Then it was funny. Now... it's a federal crime.

Don't bother responding, I'm outta here... bye.[/quote]

Thurman was tripped, you cum stained vagina. The goddamn o-lineman tripped him on purpose. I wish Odell had wrapped around your pussy ass QBs legs like lardass did to Carson. I wish that our guys would have fucking got out a shiv, and gutted that fat motherfucker, and spread his entrails down the sidelines, and throwing them into the stands where we would fukcing eat them, you stupid, fat rabbit fucker. Carson' doesn't fuckin choke late in the goddam game. He sprained his groin on the play before he threw the int, you stupid, uneducated carpet muncher. Get off our teams nuts, and go back to Cocksucker nation.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208947' date='Jan 26 2006, 02:56 PM']"Yeah the LAST TWO GAMES Palmer played IN.

Don't bother responding, I'm outta here... bye.[/quote]

Yeah that was part of his last 39 passes and 24 completetions dumbass.
It makes more sense to count that then it does games that were
played MONTHS AND YEARS before, you stupid fucker.

I`m not "bitter"...I`m pretty damn sweet.

And as far as the Odell hit.
Hartings admitted he tripped Odell. Kimo wasn`t tripped.
Odell was penalized 15 yards. Kimo wasn`t penalized.
Roethlisberger`s knee wasn`t shredded. Palmer`s was.
Roethlisberger didn`t have to have surgery. Palmer did.
Roethlisberger didn`t miss a fucking play.
The hit to Roethlisberger didn`t end the Steelers season.
The hit on Palmer did end the Bengals season. And puts
doubt on when he will return next season.

It amazes me how you stupid dick slurping, cum burping
fuckheads try to compare Odell`s hit to Palmer`s injury.

Anyway bye...glad to see you finally getting the hint
and fucking off now.

[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208919' date='Jan 26 2006, 03:16 PM']Look, I know some of you like to believe in dreams and stardust but... here are the facts.

As for the signs I've seen crying about "taking our place at the table" -- get over it, the Steelers aren't sitting at your place, it's a place they've earned.

I am inclined to agree with you but then again I'm not.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THE STEELERS OR BENGALS WOULD HAVE WON IF PALMER PLAYED OR NOT. THIS IS JUST A POINTLESS HYPOTHETICAL ARGUMENT. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT SEASON.

On a more tactical note, it's not a question of if Payton Manning can't beat the Steelers then neither can Palmer. The Bengals play a slightly different system to the Colts offensively. The Bengals play a more vertical 'chunk plays' offense than any team in the league right now. There is an argument right there that the Bengals could have won this game, after all your cornerbacks aren't studs and they are exposed more than normal when you play the Bengals vertical deep pass offense. You saw it on the 66 yard completion when Carson got injured. You can guarantee that more completions of that calibre would have been made during that game if Palmer was playing throughout, beaause your corners don't like 'being on an island' at the best of times.

THIS GAME COULD'VE GONE EITHER WAY, EVEN IF PALMER WAS PLAYING OR NOT. SO DON'T GO SAYING THE STEELERS WOULD'VE WON WHEN YOUR NOT PSYCHIC.

Who the hell r u to bring all the shit up in here, thats fuckin shit get out of this forum and go suck the steelers cocks u fuckin ass.

u know damn well that if palmer was in that game the whole time we would have won that fuckin game so don't go fuckin bringin all that fact shit up in here!

get out of this BENGALS forum and go crawlin to the damn fucking steelers!

i gues sthats that why still outscored them having nearly 400 yards passing and the steelers offensive game of thier lives

[quote name='Sticky Icky' post='208936' date='Jan 26 2006, 03:39 PM']"Here`s a FACT for you...Palmer shredded your Defense

Chill.[/quote]
So i see you can see into that crystal ball of yours dousche bag?

none of us what would have happened...but carson had already shredded the defense and the way kitna was playing carson probably would have took your heart out and twisted it before halftime

Archived