The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Guest BadassBengal

Guest Matt_Six

[quote name='mongoloido' post='247267' date='Apr 10 2006, 09:46 PM']Luck is a weird one. It's certainly got a big upside to it, though. A friend of mine and I play this a bunch at work (when it's slow, we have nothing else to do :)). Anyway, his character has a much higher luck rating than mine. He autopicks locks a lot better than I do, gets more and cooler stuff in the chests he unlocks, and usually runs into fewer badass creatures than I do... I don't think luck will keep you out of jail, but it makes a big difference in a lot of little ways.[/quote]

The chest thing might be right. I have found some cool stuff. I can't autopick locks. I even tried to do an EASY one, and it broke... ever since I haven't tried at all.

Guest Matt_Six
I did manage to open a HARD one on my own once... only took me about three of those picks. Anyone know where to buy those in ther Imperial City? I didn't look too long for them, but when I did look, I couldn't find them.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247292' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:33 PM']I did manage to open a HARD one on my own once... only took me about three of those picks. Anyone know where to buy those in ther Imperial City? I didn't look too long for them, but when I did look, I couldn't find them.[/quote]

They aren't the easiest things to buy, although I could have sworn some orc in the imperial city had a few to sell. Can't remember though. I have a fighter/mage character, and have spells to unlock almost anything. I never waste my time trying to unlock anything with picks.

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247292' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:33 PM']I did manage to open a HARD one on my own once... only took me about three of those picks. Anyone know where to buy those in ther Imperial City? I didn't look too long for them, but when I did look, I couldn't find them.[/quote]
if you join the thieves guild, the members will sell hundreds of them to you

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='whodey319' post='247435' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:21 AM']if you join the thieves guild, the members will sell hundreds of them to you[/quote]

I wanted to... I think I waited too long or something. I got a paper from someone and they said that Grey Fox turned himself in. I don't even know if I can meet him anymore. I haven't layed since Sunday. I won't get a chance to play until next Tuesday night. SUCKS!!!

Mongoloido, where can I pick up that magic spell? The only thing magic that my guy has as a major attribute is destruction. However, I have picked up some decent spells along the way. I have about five that I haven't even opened up yet (the scrolls) just in case I need to sell them for cash, because my character isn't a big magic guy.

Guest Matt_Six
Another question I have... in the Imperial City, you can buy a house for 2000 gold on the Waterfront. I haven't investigated many more cities extinsively besides the Imperial City. Anyone know of any other houses that are for sale anywhere?

I know I ask a lot of questions... so I'll check this often and try to help out anyone else who has questions. I'm still kind of new, but know some things. I've explored the countryside A LOT. I have found a shitload of caves. Have only conquered one, though. They usually have some goodies inside them. Just let me know...

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247638' date='Apr 11 2006, 02:02 PM']I wanted to... I think I waited too long or something. I got a paper from someone and they said that Grey Fox turned himself in. I don't even know if I can meet him anymore. I haven't layed since Sunday. I won't get a chance to play until next Tuesday night. SUCKS!!!

Mongoloido, where can I pick up that magic spell? The only thing magic that my guy has as a major attribute is destruction. However, I have picked up some decent spells along the way. I have about five that I haven't even opened up yet (the scrolls) just in case I need to sell them for cash, because my character isn't a big magic guy.[/quote]

The only place you can get it from is in the Arcane University, I think. The AU is truly the shit. I mean, its THE SHIT. The spell creation thing is fuckin great, and the people there sell some great items and spells as well.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='steggyD' post='245787' date='Apr 8 2006, 12:56 PM']I didn't want to go through everything here, but who plays this one the PC here? Anyone? I don't usually play games like this, but I'm thinking about picking up somethig different.

Should I get it? I'm normally an FPS or RTS gamer, but I want to expand my horizons. Can PC gamers play with XBox players? Or are they separate? Are there enough PC gamers to keep it interesting? Dou you have to pay monthly charges on the PC to play online? Or is it free?

I know, I know, a million questions.[/quote]

Yes, get it. I got a few reactions...

First Reaction: "Wow. These graphics are amazing. How can they make a game like this?"

Second: "Why did I lay down 475+ for this system and game? There's no way I can understand all this and have fun."

Third: "I'm so addicted, when I go outside my house, I crouch and pick flowers and mushrooms in hope I can conjegate (sp.) some sort of healing potion in case I fall down before I get to school."

It took me about 5 hours to get the hang of it pretty good... I'm still learning, but I think I have most of the basics down.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247738' date='Apr 11 2006, 04:03 PM']Another question I have... in the Imperial City, you can buy a house for 2000 gold on the Waterfront. I haven't investigated many more cities extinsively besides the Imperial City. Anyone know of any other houses that are for sale anywhere?

I know I ask a lot of questions... so I'll check this often and try to help out anyone else who has questions. I'm still kind of new, but know some things. I've explored the countryside A LOT. I have found a shitload of caves. Have only conquered one, though. They usually have some goodies inside them. Just let me know...[/quote]

Save your money for the house in Skingrad. It's the biggest and best one. It's my "official" headquarters. I keep all my items in the chests there, and keep my really, really powerful and strong weapons in the glass cases in there. If I know I'm gonna go on a tough mission, that's the only time I'll take it outta there. This game is fucking great.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='247744' date='Apr 11 2006, 04:09 PM']Save your money for the house in Skingrad. It's the biggest and best one. It's my "official" headquarters. I keep all my items in the chests there, and keep my really, really powerful and strong weapons in the glass cases in there. If I know I'm gonna go on a tough mission, that's the only time I'll take it outta there. This game is fucking great.[/quote]

how much is it?

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='mongoloido' post='247840' date='Apr 11 2006, 07:16 PM']how much is it?[/quote]

Think it was about 5k. Shit's really nice, though. You can get a servant bitch in there and everything, too.

Guest Matt_Six
Just a heads up: I found a ninroot (sp.) outside of the sewer we started out of at the beginning of the game. You go directly to the left and follow the shoreline. It'll take ya a couple minutes, but you should run into it... it's about 5 feet from the shore beside some rocks.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247931' date='Apr 11 2006, 09:26 PM']Is there a risk that your stuff could be stolen? Have to put it in a chest to keep it safe?

How the hell you get that much money?[/quote]

I steal shit. Alot of shit. See, I go through one whole town a whole night, and steal everything I can from every store, hide it somewhere, and sell it to Ognar the next morning. I steal stuff from the castles. I pickpocket beggars. I'm a filthy, dirty theif.

And no, people can't steal the stuff out of your house.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='247991' date='Apr 11 2006, 10:33 PM']I steal shit. Alot of shit. See, I go through one whole town a whole night, and steal everything I can from every store, hide it somewhere, and sell it to Ognar the next morning. I steal stuff from the castles. I pickpocket beggars. I'm a filthy, dirty theif.

And no, people can't steal the stuff out of your house.[/quote]

So... you're basically the scum of the Earth?

What's an Ognar?

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='248032' date='Apr 12 2006, 12:05 AM']So... you're basically the scum of the Earth?

What's an Ognar?[/quote]

Hell yea.

Ognar is one of the 3(i think) fences in the game. He's in Bruma. You can sell your stolen items to him. You can only do it, however, after you join the theives guild.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='248035' date='Apr 12 2006, 12:09 AM']Hell yea.

Ognar is one of the 3(i think) fences in the game. He's in Bruma. You can sell your stolen items to him. You can only do it, however, after you join the theives guild.[/quote]

On my game it said Grey Fox turned himself in. Anyone get a chance to join the Blades? I could have... but didn't think I fitted in well with them, because I'm a thief, too. I'm decent at thievery... I tried to steal from a guard once, bad idea.

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='248060' date='Apr 12 2006, 01:17 AM']On my game it said Grey Fox turned himself in. Anyone get a chance to join the Blades? I could have... but didn't think I fitted in well with them, because I'm a thief, too. I'm decent at thievery... I tried to steal from a guard once, bad idea.[/quote]

I joined the blades, you get access to heavy armor and a kick ass big ass blade that's my main blade now. I split my time between doing hits for the dark brotherhood and the main quest as a blade they don't seem to mine that I'm a killer :1hump:

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247638' date='Apr 11 2006, 02:02 PM']Mongoloido, where can I pick up that magic spell? The only thing magic that my guy has as a major attribute is destruction. However, I have picked up some decent spells along the way. I have about five that I haven't even opened up yet (the scrolls) just in case I need to sell them for cash, because my character isn't a big magic guy.[/quote]

Carefull with the scrolls. They're one use only... Here's a handy spell database for you:

[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/searchspells.php"]http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/searchspells.php[/url]

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='248032' date='Apr 12 2006, 12:05 AM']So... you're basically the scum of the Earth?

What's an Ognar?[/quote]
you may as well start the game over. If your a thief and you cant do the thieves guild quests then youll never get good enough at being a thief to make it worth your while

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='whodey319' post='248213' date='Apr 12 2006, 11:28 AM']that sucks big time[/quote]

Dude!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do. You got me worried big time.

When I play again... first thing I am going to go is find out what is going on with him. Maybe he's still out there, but I could have swore some dude came up to me and handed me a newspaper that said Grey Fox turned himself in. How can this happen!? There has to be another way where I can get my stealth/thievery skills up. Anyone know a solution or know what is going on?

Archived