The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Guest BadassBengal

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='238748' date='Mar 26 2006, 03:54 PM']im taking it as the dark elf is a wizard, or someone to do with magic...

wood elf reminds me of the guy from lord of the rings.

imperial looks like a regular guy, i'd probably be him[/quote]

Yep. Dark Elf isn't just a wizard type guy. That's a Breton. The Dark Elves are battle mages. They can use equally swords and magic, tho they specialize in magic. The guy that I am, a Breton, usually just use primarily magic. But, I decided to have him specialize in blades and such, and I'm also gettin much better at theivery and lock picking. I just sneaked myself into the Castle in one of the cities, and I stole all these ancient artifacts and such, including these 3 badass katana type swords. I also fought 3 pirates in the Imperial City with the help of some guards who were nearby, and I looted their treasures off their boat. Yea.... I'm a beast.

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='238757' date='Mar 26 2006, 04:12 PM']does the game have difficulty levels? or does it have a predetermined settings???

what is everyone playing on?[/quote]

I think is does have difficulty levels but I also read on xbox that as you level up all the creatures level up as well so you won't be a level 10 fighting a level 3 or anything like that.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='238757' date='Mar 26 2006, 04:12 PM']does the game have difficulty levels? or does it have a predetermined settings???

what is everyone playing on?[/quote]

there's a difficulty slider in the gameplay menu.

Guest Matt_Six
you guys play on "moderate" or "normal"? I hate putting games on easy. i usually play my games on moderate or the normal setting when i start games, unless it's baseball or football, then i up it all the way. especially madden, easy as shit once u play it enough even on madden setting

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='238914' date='Mar 26 2006, 09:47 PM']I just left it on normal.

In the couple months I've had the 360 I've already played it more then I played the orginal XBox I had for a couple years.[/quote]

How you get your xbox, if you dont mind me asking?

they're going for 299.99 at meijers, but they are never in... do stores just get them in at any time? how does all that stuff work?

MattSix,

You seriously aren't looking/calling/applying yourself.

They are out there, if you are looking. Do NOT buy a "core system", as you will be throwing money out the window. You'll need the hard drive for Xbox Live, bigger game saves, and to download the demo's, arcade games, and other content that is now availible on 360's Xbox live. Plus, you'll get the wireless controller with the premium, and component cables.

So, get the premium edition.

Now, I posted a link in a thread in the Geek Zone about the PS3 that let you search Best Buy store inventory's from your computer. You could also set it up to have it text message or email you when more 360's come in. Go find it. It was probably like a month or two old.... It was a PS3 thread...

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='Kool Keith' post='239017' date='Mar 27 2006, 01:56 AM']MattSix,

You seriously aren't looking/calling/applying yourself.

They are out there, if you are looking. Do NOT buy a "core system", as you will be throwing money out the window. You'll need the hard drive for Xbox Live, bigger game saves, and to download the demo's, arcade games, and other content that is now availible on 360's Xbox live. Plus, you'll get the wireless controller with the premium, and component cables.

So, get the premium edition.

Now, I posted a link in a thread in the Geek Zone about the PS3 that let you search Best Buy store inventory's from your computer. You could also set it up to have it text message or email you when more 360's come in. Go find it. It was probably like a month or two old.... It was a PS3 thread...[/quote]
thank you sir

how much was the xboxs with the hard drive? 450?

With the HD without any games bundled with it is $399 + tax

Like Kool said do not get the core it would be a waste, after you add the HD, wireless controller, and headset you'll be at the $399 anyway.

Also everybody don't forget the big xbox weekend coming up starting Friday. Free xbox gold status for everybody. [url="http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/livegoldweekend/default.htm"]Link for info[/url]

Along with a full weekend of Gold status, we're partnering with Verizon to give gamers tons of great programming, contests, and surprises. Check the details below and mark your calendar for a weekend you don't want to miss.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='Kool Keith' post='239034' date='Mar 27 2006, 03:05 AM']Nope, you are definitely not looking too hard if you don't even know how they cost.[/quote]
Well, I'm sorry to dissapoint you. I just started contemplating buying one. I have been content with the PS2 and XBOX, but I've been eyeing the Oblivion game since I saw previews for it months ago... so I was just trying to look up some info on it and the system.

Guest Matt_Six
Oh yea, don't know if this matters... but I have a flat screen HD TV already. Don't know if that matters in terms of a decision to buy the premium edition.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='239141' date='Mar 27 2006, 12:06 PM']Oh yea, don't know if this matters... but I have a flat screen HD TV already. Don't know if that matters in terms of a decision to buy the premium edition.[/quote]

Well, the Premium version comes with the HD cables. With the core version, you have to buy the cables seperately.

Guest mongoloido
[url="http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/xbox360_NFL_faceplates.asp"]http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/xbox360_NFL_faceplates.asp[/url]

you bastards better all get the bengals faceplate when it comes out...

[quote name='whodey319' post='239401' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:25 PM']getting elder scrolls iv tomorrow for pc. you guys convinced me[/quote]

and a new video card?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[quote name='The Scales' post='239408' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:33 PM'][quote name='whodey319' post='239401' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:25 PM']
getting elder scrolls iv tomorrow for pc. you guys convinced me[/quote]

and a new video card?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]
[/quote]
i dont have many options since i only have AGP slots for my video card and im not in the mood or have the money to replace the mobo.

I can play city of villans, Battlefied 2, civilization 4 and everything else ive ever tried above the low settings with no problems at all on my card and the requirements are the same for elder scrolls as bf2.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='whodey319' post='239424' date='Mar 27 2006, 09:02 PM'][quote name='The Scales' post='239408' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:33 PM']
[quote name='whodey319' post='239401' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:25 PM']
getting elder scrolls iv tomorrow for pc. you guys convinced me[/quote]

and a new video card?

[/quote]
i dont have many options since i only have AGP slots for my video card and im not in the mood or have the money to replace the mobo.

I can play city of villans, Battlefied 2, civilization 4 and everything else ive ever tried above the low settings with no problems at all on my card and the requirements are the same for elder scrolls as bf2.
[/quote]

watch out, now. alot of people on the pc are havin problems with the game freezing and glitching up on them.

[quote name='Kochman' post='239459' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:18 PM']I just bought a geforce 6600 256 AGP8X. I run every game on highest settings BF2, Civ4, COD2, Oblivion. So far playing on the PC I think the game has froze like 3 times making me do a hard reboot.[/quote]
go to www.tweaksrus.com and register and crap. they have optimized drives for oblivian to download

and thank mongo

*****edit*****
still go there for good info but just go to this site and download the new forceware.

[url="http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_84.25.html"]http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...2bit_84.25.html[/url]

Archived