The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Guest BadassBengal

Guest BadassBengal
I enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood quests the most, as its all I've done so far. Ive spent a hell of alot of time with this game, but I haven't done all that much, now.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='246272' date='Apr 9 2006, 11:40 AM']I enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood quests the most, as its all I've done so far. Ive spent a hell of alot of time with this game, but I haven't done all that much, now.[/quote]
finished thieves guild and doing dark brotherhood now.

also am trying to find a vampire cure because it blows to be a vampire and also doing a ninroot quest that is almost impossible

[quote name='whodey319' post='246343' date='Apr 9 2006, 01:06 PM']also am trying to find a vampire cure because it blows to be a vampire and also doing a ninroot quest that is almost impossible[/quote]

Download the link I posted above, it gives some help on finding the root.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='whodey319' post='246343' date='Apr 9 2006, 01:06 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='246272' date='Apr 9 2006, 11:40 AM']
I enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood quests the most, as its all I've done so far. Ive spent a hell of alot of time with this game, but I haven't done all that much, now.[/quote]
finished thieves guild and doing dark brotherhood now.

also am trying to find a vampire cure because it blows to be a vampire and also doing a ninroot quest that is almost impossible
[/quote]

nirnroot is everywhere, bro. I found one on the pirate ship in the waterfront area of the Imperial City. I also found one recently right after I got out of the Imperial Prison at the beginning of the game, and I just searched around the City Walls. But look for the one on the pirate ship first, though.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='246069' date='Apr 8 2006, 10:58 PM']Matt_Six, here you go, download the 4 pages for the quest you're working.

[url="http://download.yousendit.com/2EBD860F56859B00"]roots quest[/url][/quote]

thanks so much man. i will get it later. i just came back and am not hooked up yet. will be soon though

Guest Matt_Six

anyone know any good alchemy mixtures? im a level 2 :) and have already closed a portal to oblivion. i feel good about that. anyway, alchemy is the shit. i could sit there all day and look for plants/flowers. maybe i just like the colors.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246514' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:12 PM']anyone know any good alchemy mixtures? im a level 2 :) and have already closed a portal to oblivion. i feel good about that. anyway, alchemy is the shit. i could sit there all day and look for plants/flowers. maybe i just like the colors.[/quote]

I seriously question your gender, and/or gender preference... :P

Guest Matt_Six

[quote name='mongoloido' post='246515' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:20 PM'][quote name='Matt_Six' post='246514' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:12 PM']
anyone know any good alchemy mixtures? im a level 2 :) and have already closed a portal to oblivion. i feel good about that. anyway, alchemy is the shit. i could sit there all day and look for plants/flowers. maybe i just like the colors.[/quote]

[/quote]

i loooove the ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! they really rev my engine

anyway - how can i make some mroe money? i need 2000 for a shitty house and only have 1200. i need a quick 800

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246617' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:35 PM'][quote name='mongoloido' post='246515' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:20 PM']
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246514' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:12 PM']
anyone know any good alchemy mixtures? im a level 2 :) and have already closed a portal to oblivion. i feel good about that. anyway, alchemy is the shit. i could sit there all day and look for plants/flowers. maybe i just like the colors.[/quote]

[/quote]

anyway - how can i make some mroe money? i need 2000 for a shitty house and only have 1200. i need a quick 800
[/quote]

The Arena. And steal the money from the cash box outside of the arena at night.

Guest Matt_Six

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='246621' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:38 PM'][quote name='Matt_Six' post='246617' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:35 PM']
[quote name='mongoloido' post='246515' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:20 PM']
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246514' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:12 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Arena. And steal the money from the cash box outside of the arena at night.
[/quote]

the lock is VERY HARD or something like that. i bet and won 100 from the arena. i fought twice, won the first, lot the second. im not much of a fighter on there. decent marksman though

Alright, just ordered the game and it'll be here this week. Mad excited about starting a Khajiit Thief or Assassin type character. Any suggestions on which seven abilities to Major in or skills that would be most important? Should I pick up a weapon skill like blade or a magic like restoration or conjuring? Thanks

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='emc334' post='246637' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:58 PM']Alright, just ordered the game and it'll be here this week. Mad excited about starting a Khajiit Thief or Assassin type character. Any suggestions on which seven abilities to Major in or skills that would be most important? Should I pick up a weapon skill like blade or a magic like restoration or conjuring? Thanks[/quote]

my best advice... from my short experience.

play the game, do whatever... spend a couple of hours on your character... and see what you like about him and what you dont.

i played almost 5 hours with one guy and decided i didnt like what i created, so i created a new guy, and i love it.

My Character:

Race: Argonian
Birthsign: The Lord
Class: (Adventurer, custom)
My 7 Major Skills: Athletics, Blade, Alchemy, Destruction, Marksman, Securty, and Sneak. Sneak and Security are my favorite. I love to steal keys and take everything people own. I still haven't done an actual "murder" yet.

Just found a flaw in the game. Found out how to get as much money as you need a 1000 dollars at a time. No codes or cheats I only took 2000 extra after completeing the mission. Might only be only on the PC though. If you [size=1]want to know just ask.

[quote name='Kochman' post='246688' date='Apr 9 2006, 09:31 PM']Just found a flaw in the game. Found out how to get as much money as you need a 1000 dollars at a time. No codes or cheats I only took 2000 extra after completeing the mission. Might only be only on the PC though. If you [size=1]want to know just ask.[/quote]

Is that the one where you kill the guy and you can keep taking his gold over and over?

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='246691' date='Apr 9 2006, 09:33 PM']Is that the one where you kill the guy and you can keep taking his gold over and over?[/quote]

No its after you complete the cure vampirism mission. Just a little bug the messed up on. By the way they already have a mod for the PC.
[url="http://www.fileplanet.com/162167/download/Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion---Overload's-ModPack-v2.0"]http://www.fileplanet.com/162167/download/...;s-ModPack-v2.0[/url]

Guest Matt_Six
why is everyone a vampire? i havent even fought one yet. wher ethey at? im staying away. anyone else close a portal yet? it was hard as hell, but i did it. i went to the commerce at the market place in the imperial city and had to bribe this lady gold out the ass to tell me about buying a house. im about a half grand away now.

[quote name='Kochman' post='246711' date='Apr 9 2006, 10:05 PM']No its after you complete the cure vampirism mission. Just a little bug the messed up on. By the way they already have a mod for the PC.
[url="http://www.fileplanet.com/162167/download/Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion---Overload's-ModPack-v2.0"]http://www.fileplanet.com/162167/download/...;s-ModPack-v2.0[/url][/quote]
hell yea let us know about it

please

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246772' date='Apr 10 2006, 12:36 AM']why is everyone a vampire? i havent even fought one yet. wher ethey at? im staying away. anyone else close a portal yet? it was hard as hell, but i did it. i went to the commerce at the market place in the imperial city and had to bribe this lady gold out the ass to tell me about buying a house. im about a half grand away now.
hell yea let us know about it

please[/quote]

I've never been a vampire, as I've murked the mothafucks before they came close to me, and if I did get the disease, I've always had a cure disease potion with me to get rid of it quickly.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='246774' date='Apr 10 2006, 12:38 AM']I've never been a vampire, as I've murked the mothafucks before they came close to me, and if I did get the disease, I've always had a cure disease potion with me to get rid of it quickly.[/quote]

my guy is immune to disease. ive been checking out the caves. one cave i went into and took this gremlin's staff and sold it for some gold.

is the training things worth it at the shops... where they can train you to fight for so much gold??? i have been tempted, but havent committed to anything yet. on my game, it also said the grey fox admitted his guilt and was captured or some shit like that. i didnt even get to meet the guy. what the hell??

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246786' date='Apr 10 2006, 01:54 AM']my guy is immune to disease. ive been checking out the caves. one cave i went into and took this gremlin's staff and sold it for some gold.

is the training things worth it at the shops... where they can train you to fight for so much gold??? i have been tempted, but havent committed to anything yet. on my game, it also said the grey fox admitted his guilt and was captured or some shit like that. i didnt even get to meet the guy. what the hell??[/quote]
i always do the training because i have mass loot not sure what its done for me though

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Matt_Six' post='246652' date='Apr 9 2006, 08:47 PM']my best advice... from my short experience.
play the game, do whatever... spend a couple of hours on your character... and see what you like about him and what you dont.

i played almost 5 hours with one guy and decided i didnt like what i created, so i created a new guy, and i love it.

My Character:

Race: Argonian
Birthsign: The Lord
Class: (Adventurer, custom)
My 7 Major Skills: Athletics, Blade, Alchemy, Destruction, Marksman, Securty, and Sneak. Sneak and Security are my favorite. I love to steal keys and take everything people own. I still haven't done an actual "murder" yet.[/quote]

Agreed. You'll want to play the game for a bit, get a feel for your style of play, then restart with a character that caters to your tendencies. Create a character that interests you, and has as it's 7 major skills, the skills you'll use most. You increase in character level by increasing 10 skill levels of your major skills. Increase your minor skills all you want, they won't help you reach the next character level... That make sense?

[quote name='mongoloido' post='247057' date='Apr 10 2006, 11:23 AM']Agreed. You'll want to play the game for a bit, get a feel for your style of play, then restart with a character that caters to your tendencies. Create a character that interests you, and has as it's 7 major skills, the skills you'll use most. You increase in character level by increasing 10 skill levels of your major skills. Increase your minor skills all you want, they won't help you reach the next character level... That make sense?[/quote]

Thanks, sounds good. I'm pretty excited about it, haven't really gotten into a game in my three years in college. Looking forward to getting this one in the mail Wednesday. Better make sure I get some work done before then...

Guest Matt_Six
one thing i messed up on, but it's too late to fix it. i should have had acrobatics as one of my seven major skills, because ive upped that more than anything. i seem like im jumping everywhere, just for the hell of it. i picked LUCK instead... probably shouldnt have, doesnt seem like it's done shit for me. i get thrown in jail every damn day

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Matt_Six' post='247237' date='Apr 10 2006, 09:06 PM']one thing i messed up on, but it's too late to fix it. i should have had acrobatics as one of my seven major skills, because ive upped that more than anything. i seem like im jumping everywhere, just for the hell of it. i picked LUCK instead... probably shouldnt have, doesnt seem like it's done shit for me. i get thrown in jail every damn day[/quote]

Luck is a weird one. It's certainly got a big upside to it, though. A friend of mine and I play this a bunch at work (when it's slow, we have nothing else to do :)). Anyway, his character has a much higher luck rating than mine. He autopicks locks a lot better than I do, gets more and cooler stuff in the chests he unlocks, and usually runs into fewer badass creatures than I do... I don't think luck will keep you out of jail, but it makes a big difference in a lot of little ways.

Archived