Ohio State Pro Day

Here is a post I got off an OSU message board. This is from an "insider", so take it for what it's worth.

"Unofficially, here are some times from today:

Hawk: Low 4.4s (in fact, I heard as low as 4.3)

Carpenter: high 4.5

Holmes: 4.28 (confirmed by two OSU players)

Schlegel: 4.64 (lowest time) 4.71 (average time)

Mangold: 5.0 flat (from the combine in Indy... did not run today)

Whitner 4.45 (from the combine)

Sims: Pulled hamstring, but still tried to run. Did not finish the 40. Said he did pretty well in the 10-yard and 20-yard dashes

Gonzalez: 4.35

Some notable pro faces: Romeo Crennel, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Matt Millen, Todd Grantham, Mel Tucker, Dick LeBeau, Terry Robiskie, and Lovie Smith."

[quote name='Lateralus' post='228519' date='Mar 9 2006, 06:56 PM']Here is a post I got off an OSU message board. This is from an "insider", so take it for what it's worth.

Sims: Pulled hamstring, but still tried to run. Did not finish the 40. Said he did pretty well in the 10-yard and 20-yard dashes

Some notable pro faces: Romeo Crennel, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Matt Millen, Todd Grantham, Mel Tucker, Dick LeBeau, Terry Robiskie, and Lovie Smith."[/quote]
Damnnn , we neeed to get Whitner, he is just downright quick.

And i cant believe gonzalez is leaving, i didnt no that :(

Holmes might have grabbed the #1 wr spot back too.

Guest Matt_Six

[quote name='JC' post='228523' date='Mar 9 2006, 07:01 PM'][quote name='Lateralus' post='228519' date='Mar 9 2006, 06:56 PM']
Here is a post I got off an OSU message board. This is from an "insider", so take it for what it's worth.

Some notable pro faces: Romeo Crennel, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Matt Millen, Todd Grantham, Mel Tucker, Dick LeBeau, Terry Robiskie, and Lovie Smith."[/quote]
Damnnn , we neeed to get Whitner, he is just downright quick.

And i cant believe gonzalez is leaving, i didnt no that :(

Holmes might have grabbed the #1 wr spot back too.
[/quote]

i dont think he is leaving.... he was just trying to impress for next season

this is what i got from nfl.com

OHIO STATE: MARCH 9
There were five head coaches present -- Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher, Chicago's Lovie Smith, Detroit's Rod Marinelli, Cleveland's Romeo Crennel and the Giants' Tom Coughlin -- and about 100 team scouts and representatives. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast AstroTurf that has been down there for some years.
Player Position Gil's comments
A.J. Hawk LB Hawk was clocked at 4.49 and 4.42 in the 40.

Santonio Holmes WR Holmes weighed 179 pounds -- nine less than he did at the Combine -- and he was timed at 4.34 and 4.36 in the 40.

Bobby Carpenter LB Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68.

Nate Salley FS Salley ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.56.

Anthony Schlegel LB Schlegel was timed at 4.79 and 4.76 in the 40.

Rob Sims OT Sims did not run at the Combine and he pulled up again in the 40 with the same right hamstring problem.

Donte Whitner SS Whitner was clocked at 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40.

Ashton Youboty CB Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#buckeye"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individu...orkouts#buckeye[/url]

the more and more i look at info from whitner the more i want him.

From NFL.com:

Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk sped through his private workout in Columbus on Thursday and is now speeding up the draft chart. Hawk ran [b]4.38 and 4.46[/b] at his Pro Day in the 40-yard dash. Hawk could be ticketed to San Francisco at No. 6.

WOW!

[quote name='Jason' post='228569' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:44 PM']From NFL.com:

Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk sped through his private workout in Columbus on Thursday and is now speeding up the draft chart. Hawk ran [b]4.38 and 4.46[/b] at his Pro Day in the 40-yard dash. Hawk could be ticketed to San Francisco at No. 6.

WOW![/quote]
That is rediculous!! He will be the best linebacker to play ever.

Plus Whitner running a 4.37 should hopefully end up here.

Guest Bengals1181
Gonzalez isn't leaving. At Pro Days, you'll often see sophomores and juniors run who want to get on scouts "radar" relatively early. A.J. Hawk performed at OSU's pro day last year.

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='dieselman44' post='228546' date='Mar 9 2006, 07:51 PM']this is what i got from nfl.com

OHIO STATE: MARCH 9
There were five head coaches present -- Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher, Chicago's Lovie Smith, Detroit's Rod Marinelli, Cleveland's Romeo Crennel and the Giants' Tom Coughlin -- and about 100 team scouts and representatives. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast AstroTurf that has been down there for some years.
Player Position Gil's comments
A.J. Hawk LB Hawk was clocked at 4.49 and 4.42 in the 40.

Santonio Holmes WR Holmes weighed 179 pounds -- nine less than he did at the Combine -- and he was timed at 4.34 and 4.36 in the 40.

Bobby Carpenter LB Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68.

[b]Nate Salley FS Salley ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.56.[/b] :huh: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

Anthony Schlegel LB Schlegel was timed at 4.79 and 4.76 in the 40.

Rob Sims OT Sims did not run at the Combine and he pulled up again in the 40 with the same right hamstring problem.

Donte Whitner SS Whitner was clocked at 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40.

Ashton Youboty CB Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#buckeye"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individu...orkouts#buckeye[/url]

the more and more i look at info from whitner the more i want him.[/quote]

NCAA | Youboty Pro Day results
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:53:52 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State CB Ashton Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:52:44 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State S Donte Whitner was timed at 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State LB Anthony Schlegel was timed at 4.79 and 4.76 in the 40 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

NCAA | Salley Pro Day results
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:50:11 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State S Nate Salley ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.56 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State LB Bobby Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State WR Santonio Holmes weighed 179 pounds, nine less than he did at the NFL Combine, and he was timed at 4.34 and 4.36 in the 40 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk was timed at 4.49 and 4.42 in the 40 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='JC' post='228570' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:47 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='228569' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:44 PM']
From NFL.com:

WOW![/quote]
That is rediculous!! [b]He will be the best linebacker to play ever.[/b]

[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

OSU fans are HILARIOUS

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='228640' date='Mar 9 2006, 11:19 PM'][quote name='JC' post='228570' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:47 PM']
[quote name='Jason' post='228569' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:44 PM']
From NFL.com:

WOW![/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

OSU fans are HILARIOUS
[/quote]
jesus.. wont you [url="http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8889&hl=hawk+now"]STFU[/url] already...

^_^

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='228640' date='Mar 9 2006, 11:19 PM'][quote name='JC' post='228570' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:47 PM']
[quote name='Jason' post='228569' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:44 PM']
From NFL.com:

WOW![/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

OSU fans are HILARIOUS
[/quote]

Badassbengal= drinking a gallon of HATERADE

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='228740' date='Mar 10 2006, 04:15 AM']Ashton Youboty CB Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45.

3rd rounder....

Watch him freefall on draft day.

Whitner on the other hand, is the only Saftey I would go after in the 1st round.[/quote]

4.43 is not a bad time. Especially for someone with good size.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='228740' date='Mar 10 2006, 04:15 AM']Ashton Youboty CB Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45.

3rd rounder....

Watch him freefall on draft day.

Whitner on the other hand, is the only Saftey I would go after in the 1st round.[/quote]

I'll be the first to say that I don't think Youboty is a first rounder, but you're going to knock him for running a 4.43??????

Idiot.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='natifanatic' post='228780' date='Mar 10 2006, 09:07 AM']I think I am officially on the Donte Whitner bandwagon. I thought he'd be slower than that.[/quote]

I as well am I whore for a good 40 time, who isn't???? Whitner would be a good 1st round choice if nothing more than to piss of the Steelers.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='dieselman44' post='228995' date='Mar 10 2006, 02:50 PM']Just reminding you guys that the track they ran on is an EXTREMELY fast track. Not to take anything away from them but im sure if everyone else ran on this track then youd see their times drop by atleast .5 seconds. GO BUCKS.[/quote]

true, but Whitner ran a 4.45 on the same track everyone else did.

Archived