Bush exposed again

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest bengalrick
First off it was a joke, haven't you seen the ESPN College GameDay commericals with the crew in the mountain and they have different fans asking them questions and they give them a vague answer and monkey hits the gong?? Never seen one, well there quite funny.  I thought maybe one of you guys would have seen it.  That was one of the responses that was given to a fan when he asked a question. 

But you(BengalsCat) made an ignorant statement about kids from the ghetto not joining the army.  The army is full of kids from poor neighborhoods, that is a fact. 

Most officers do have college degrees, but that is because they join the Army first then get their degree, not the other way around.  But , most of the time a college degree is why they joined the Army, so to say that just because someone has college degree means they come from the suburbs is ignorant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"can the puma take over as the king of the jungle... ?"

yeah, those commercials are pretty good...

No saying everyone in the army is from a poor family is ignorant...... Because its just not true.... And it does work the other way around because i was contemplating on joing after i got out of college like so many people in my college have done before (thats why i have friends over there) i have no affiliation with the army or any other armed services branch nither did any of my friends we arnt rotc kids either. I still have no idea weather i am gonna join or not but the point is u stated that everyone involved pretty much in the military is poor or comes from a poor background which is simply untrue.. Ohhh and btw... my dad was an after college recruit and so were about 100 other officers in his divistion.... so that might not be the majority but it was a damn signifigant number that u should not ignore... Why shouldnt we have gone to war........ That is my quesiton to you after all the un madates against sadam and the WMD Why shouldnt we have acted that is my quesiton to you. You are so adamantly against invlolvement in iraq?

Ohh i also noticed u didnt comment on ben's stuff on the oil?? wonder why that was?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
No saying everyone in the army is from a poor family is ignorant...... Because its just not true.... And it does work the other way around because i was contemplating on joing after i got out of college like so many people in my college have done before (thats why i have friends over there) i have no affiliation with the army or any other armed services branch nither did any of my friends we arnt rotc kids either. I still have no idea weather i am gonna join or not but the point is u stated that everyone involved pretty much in the military is poor or comes from a poor background which is simply untrue..  Ohhh and btw... my dad was an after college recruit and so were about 100 other officers in his divistion.... so that might not be the majority but it was a damn signifigant number that u should not ignore... Why shouldnt we have gone to war........ That is my quesiton to you after all the un madates against sadam and the WMD Why shouldnt we have acted that is my quesiton to you. You are so adamantly against invlolvement in iraq?

Ohh i also noticed u didnt comment on ben's stuff on the oil?? wonder why that was?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't read the book that Ben posted, don't have the time or attention span. I read the first paragraph and it seems as if the Iraqi's that are being quoted are pro-America anyway, so what would you expect. The Iraqi's realize the situation and they want to get in good with the US so when they leave they have some power or a position.

Also, I never said everyone in the army was from poor families, just the majority. And when I say poor, I mean not rich. There is a difference, I would consider most people poor, the middle class is fading fast thanks to NAFTA and inflation, among other things.

I also considered joining the Navy, like my grandfather before me, upon graduation but I did like most poeple and got a job. They offered me officer status and nice position but it wasn't to be, not exactly the military type, I like to think for myself.

No see thats were we are diffrent i am middle class and i dont consider middle class to be poor. I dont consider my self to be poor but i live moderately afford everything i need. Thats not poor to me. but its just theroys now on who is considered poor and what not. so fudge it... its a moot point anyways... we are there we will be there until past the election where iraq can establish its own military and police force

Guest BengalBacker
I didn't read the book that Ben posted, don't have the time or attention span.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's why you feel the way you do about a lot of things. Like I once told Neyba, you think in sound bites. Things are more complex than that.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
I think that's why you feel the way you do about a lot of things. Like I once told Neyba, you think in sound bites. Things are more complex than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not the case, I'm at work and I don't the time to read his extremely long post and give my opinions about the article. I read the first two paragraphs and got busy with work stuff. That's all, I know this world is a very complex place.

I didn't read the book that Ben posted, don't have the time or attention span.  I read the first paragraph and it seems as if the Iraqi's that are being quoted are pro-America anyway, so what would you expect.  The Iraqi's realize the situation and they want to get in good with the US so when they leave they have some power or a position.   

Also, I never said everyone in the army was from poor families, just the majority.  And when I say poor, I mean not rich.  There is a difference, I would consider most people poor, the middle class is fading fast thanks to NAFTA and inflation, among other things. 

I also considered joining the Navy, like my grandfather before me, upon graduation but I did like most poeple and got a job.  They offered me officer status and nice position but it wasn't to be, not exactly the military type, I like to think for myself.

That is blantantly offensive!

My whole family comes from a grand line of USMA grads and all served in one war or another...is that not honorable? THEY didn't discard their medals afterwards for political gain, either...

For you to assert as a young man who's never been there that:

A-most come from poor families (maybe true during the draft but that doesn't exist anymore!) is BS

B-That you can't be a military officer yet think for yourself is LUDICROUS!

Of course you have to follow orders...just like in any corporation...yet you don't have to follow UNLAWFUL/UNJUST orders...it's in the Uniform Code Of Military Justice! Jesus dude Wrong!!!

Man, you SHOULD have joined the Navy!

Then maybe you would have wondered why you weren't man enough to join the Army! ok, I joke, but...you come off waaaaaaayyyy half-cocked on this one bro....

I didn't read the book that Ben posted, don't have the time or attention span.  I read the first paragraph and it seems as if the Iraqi's that are being quoted are pro-America anyway, so what would you expect.  The Iraqi's realize the situation and they want to get in good with the US so when they leave they have some power or a position.   

Also, I never said everyone in the army was from poor families, just the majority.  And when I say poor, I mean not rich.  There is a difference, I would consider most people poor, the middle class is fading fast thanks to NAFTA and inflation, among other things. 

I also considered joining the Navy, like my grandfather before me, upon graduation but I did like most poeple and got a job.  They offered me officer status and nice position but it wasn't to be, not exactly the military type, I like to think for myself.

There is a huge difference between "poor" and "not rich"...

It's "The Middle"

they elected Bush....

First off it was a joke, haven't you seen the ESPN College GameDay commericals with the crew in the mountain and they have different fans asking them questions and they give them a vague answer and monkey hits the gong?? Never seen one, well there quite funny.  I thought maybe one of you guys would have seen it.  That was one of the responses that was given to a fan when he asked a question. 

But you(BengalsCat) made an ignorant statement about kids from the ghetto not joining the army.  The army is full of kids from poor neighborhoods, that is a fact. 

Most officers do have college degrees, but that is because they join the Army first then get their degree, not the other way around.  But , most of the time a college degree is why they joined the Army, so to say that just because someone has college degree means they come from the suburbs is ignorant.

That is patently false. Almost ALL military officers have college degrees PRIOR to being commissioned for active duty. West Point, ROTC, OCS are all vehicles that grant the degree BEFORE the commission. That is a fact!

VERY few start out enlisted and become officers...and most of those become Warrant Officers, who are a breed of Army officer unlike any other...

And if you join the military solely for a college education, then bitch about being called on to fight in a war, you're just plain stupid. You VOLUNTEERED!

"Jeez Mom, I just wanted college money...I never read the fine print or thought I'd ever actually have to DO anything military like FIGHT LIKE I WAS TRAINED TO DO!!"

Makes me sick when people do that crap. It's a volunteer military. DO NOT JOIN unless you're big enough to handle the consequences!!!!

If you're too much of a pussy to fulfill your agreement with the govt because you joined solely for college money, then take out student loans!!! Widely available to the poor AND the "fading" Middle Class...!?!?!?

You say the media is on the side of Bush and does not report how poor things are going.

I say the media is on the side of anti war and they do not report all the good that is being done.

Funny, I think we are both right---things are never as good as they seem nor are they as bad.

Remember, there are 3 sides to every story----Your side, My side and the truth.

Perception seems to get in the way of the truth!!!!!!

Not sure who you're referring to here but the media wallows in the negative.

NO reports on how well things are going outside the very hot areas, like the smiles of children returning to school for the first time since Saddam becuase we rebuilt their school building, how they have MORE and CLEANER running water than they EVER had under Saddam, more reliable electricity, security for their newly re-done oil industry convoys, free elections coming up...the list goes on...

I am at the point where I DON'T CARE ABOUT WMD'S!!!

We are doing a service to a long-suffering, oppressed people that deserve the right to decide for themselves what their country should be and how it's run....

Then we need to get the hell out of there.... :)

Archived