Blurb on 1360 Homer

Found this posted on another Bengals chatroom today...
[i]
Bengals "peeps" tell me

Kim Herring will be cut

They won't retain Kevin Walter

They are pursuing a deal for LaVar Arrington......and it looks like they will get it done.
If they can seal the deal with Arrington.......Robert Gathers would move to DT and David Pollack would move to DE.
They were impressed with Robert Gathers enough at DT on passing downs last year, to put him there more often....and move Pollack to DE. This would allow them to essentialy have 4 LB's on the field.....and switch from 4-3 to 3-4 without substituting from play to play.

QB: Looks like they will have one in the next week......it won't be Kitna[/i]

-from lance1360homer.com

I hope Geathers doesn't move permanently to DT. He'll be better at DE.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='231865' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:12 PM']Found this posted on another Bengals chatroom today...

Bengals "peeps" tell me

Kim Herring will be cut[/quote]

Fiction. Cap savings won't be that much, and he will at least add depth since Ohalete is gone.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='231865' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:12 PM']They won't retain Kevin Walter[/quote]

Fact.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='231865' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:12 PM']They are pursuing a deal for LaVar Arrington......and it looks like they will get it done.
If they can seal the deal with Arrington.......Robert Gathers would move to DT and David Pollack would move to DE.
They were impressed with Robert Gathers enough at DT on passing downs last year, to put him there more often....and move Pollack to DE. This would allow them to essentialy have 4 LB's on the field.....and switch from 4-3 to 3-4 without substituting from play to play.[/quote]

Fiction.

Guest Claptonrocks
Let me get this straight..
The pick up Arrington..move Geathers ( all 280lbs of him ) to DT ..
Move Pollack to DE and play a 3-4 with who? These guys?
Even Shaun Smith at NT with Geathers and Smith or Thornton at DE isnt a very good front for this scheme...
No wonder Marvin doesnt want to play it... I dont like a 3-4 either...

Archived