What about Aaron Brooks?

I don't care who we sign, if Carson goes down, we are dead. Look what happened with our supposedly-best-backup-QB in the NFL.

Draft a rook in the 7th round and train him. That's always been my theory. Therefore,

SIGN KLIFF KINGSBURY!!!!!!!

Sign Travis Lulay!

[url="http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/travislulay.html"]NFL Draft Countdown[/url]

Strengths:
Was extremely productive at the Division I-AA level...A very good athlete...Has decent speed and can make plays with his feet...Has a great arm...Throws well on the run...Smart and competitive...Team leader and captain with top intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against elite competition...Lacks the ideal height you look for...Played out of the shotgun a lot...Accuracy comes and goes...Will tend to stare down his targets...Will make some poor decisions...Needs some mechanical adjustments.

Notes:
A prolific and highly decorated small school star...His younger brother, Tyler, was a freshman wideout for the Bobcats...One of the top sleeper prospects in the draft...Could possibly get some looks late as a long-term developmental guy.

Okay, I just had to mention him because he played for MSU and I thought it was cool that he occassionally punted out of the shotgun.

Guest Claptonrocks
Im hearing the management as well as the fans of New Orleans had grown tired of his nonchelont type attitude down there.
spitting sunflower seeds and smiling when he left the field after an interception was interpreted as "oh well what the heck" type of deameanor that made him look like his heart wasnt in it all the way be it true or not..
Its true he's cocky ( not sure thats a bad thing ) but it came accross as arrogant rather than sure of himself...
He comes from the same region as a host of other high school players that relied on pure athleticism rather than learning the fundementals properly...
Michael and Marcus Vick ( his second cousins ), Allen Iverson ( who with another 40lbs on the 160lb frame would have been like Vick ) and maybe the best of them all Ronald Curry ( currently a backup wideout for Oakland ) who not only played QB at North Carolina at a high level but was the starting guard for the Tar Heels as well during his time there ....
The common denominator with this group is rely on your athleticism and arrogance rather than become better thru fundementals imo...

[quote name='bengaldee' post='233526' date='Mar 17 2006, 07:29 AM']Buccaneers | Team visits with Brooks
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:49:28 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent QB Aaron Brooks (Saints) visited with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thursday, March 16.[/quote]

interseting i heard they are meeting with a few other QB's as well tho

Archived