Windows Vista

[quote name='Ben' post='233005' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:26 PM']I hate to say it... but vista is a ripoff of osX....[/quote]

MS and Apple still have their contract, so many things are common between them. MS just does it better.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233055' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:19 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='233048' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:10 PM']
when can i have it?[/quote]

If they dont "pull a sony"...end of year.
[/quote]

cocksuckers...

i need something new, that isnt gay (mac) so much ahs changed since like 2001 when xp came out. how do you not REALLY update an OS for like 6 years?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='233057' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:20 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233055' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:19 PM']
[quote name='GoBengals' post='233048' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:10 PM']

[/quote]

cocksuckers...

i need something new, that isnt gay (mac) so much ahs changed since like 2001 when xp came out. how do you not REALLY update an OS for like 6 years?
[/quote]

well... they have been realeasing "updates". Vista is more than an update..it is basically an entire overhaul of the OS.

I would not consider 2003 server an update of 2000 server either.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='233057' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:20 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233055' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:19 PM']

[/quote]

cocksuckers...

[/quote]

They did, just on the server side.. last Windows was Server 2003.

and Im jonesing for it as well, with the 360 I expect it to be able to be even more tightly intagrated plus I have a 64 bit processor so Ill be getting the 64 bit version for an even smoother experience. :headbang:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233059' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:23 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='233057' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:20 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233055' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:19 PM']

[/quote]

cocksuckers...

[/quote]

and Im jonesing for it as well, with the 360 I expect it to be able to be even more tightly intagrated plus I have a 64 bit processor so Ill be getting the 64 bit version for an even smoother experience. :headbang:
[/quote]

delightful.

gotta wait a fuckin year tho

[quote name='GoBengals' post='233110' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:05 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233059' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:23 PM']
[quote name='GoBengals' post='233057' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:20 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233055' date='Mar 16 2006, 02:19 PM']

[/quote]

cocksuckers...

[/quote]

[/quote]

delightful.

gotta wait a fuckin year tho
[/quote]

unfortunatly.

I've had Vista beta running on a spare box here at home for few weeks...

It's extremely buggy right now, but, it's still a beta. Also, it's painfully slow. I've turned off all the FX doodads and it's helped, but you can see the draws on the screen if you start moving too fast... P4 2.4, 1G, yada yada....

PS...I'm not a M$ beta tester. It's out there...you just have to look. It's user friendly-enough to be played with, as long as you have your own XP discs and can wipe your HD if you fuck up.

Vista will be cool, but we won't see it until 07...

Hmmmm.... Let me rephrase. Vista is cool. If for some reason it's availible before 07 and you purchase it... you are asking for trouble. Let the early adopters be the real-world testers for M$. Wait for 6 months of updates.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:32 PM'][quote name='Ben' post='233005' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:26 PM']
I hate to say it... but vista is a ripoff of osX....[/quote]

MS and Apple still have their contract, so many things are common between them. MS just does it better.
[/quote]

MS doesn't do it better. They managed to market it better. I own 3 Windows PCs and a Mac (gonna switch one Windows box over to Ubuntu to finally learn Linux). The Mac OS truly is better than Windows. I'm honestly shocked anyone would argue otherwise. However, Windows machines are just so cheap and easy to build, it's impossible to live without one. Every piece of software under the sun exists for Windows, and each application is fighting for a piece of the pie with a hundred other applications just like it... If I were to compare the two OS's to something, I would say the Mac OS is like Wild Oats, and Windows is like Biggs. Wild Oats truly has better products, but it has fewer choices, and is on the expensive side. Biggs, even the Hyde Park Biggs, isn't as nice, doesn't have the same polish, or gourmet variety, but has has oodles of different products, and is the cheapest thing in town... I go to Wild Oats (or Jungle Jims) for some of the finer things, but run my every day life through Biggs.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='233388' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:22 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:32 PM']
[quote name='Ben' post='233005' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:26 PM']

[/quote]

MS doesn't do it better. They managed to market it better. I own 3 Windows PCs and a Mac (gonna switch one Windows box over to Ubuntu to finally learn Linux). The Mac OS truly is better than Windows. I'm honestly shocked anyone would argue otherwise. However, Windows machines are just so cheap and easy to build, it's impossible to live without one. Every piece of software under the sun exists for Windows, and each application is fighting for a piece of the pie with a hundred other applications just like it... If I were to compare the two OS's to something, I would say the Mac OS is like Wild Oats, and Windows is like Biggs. Wild Oats truly has better products, but it has fewer choices, and is on the expensive side. Biggs, even the Hyde Park Biggs, isn't as nice, doesn't have the same polish, or gourmet variety, but has has oodles of different products, and is the cheapest thing in town... I go to Wild Oats (or Jungle Jims) for some of the finer things, but run my every day life through Biggs.
[/quote]

i think thats kind of what everyone thinks. the hatred of them comes strictly from the trendoids who have a mac for no particular reason, if your not doing graphic design or video editing or something of the sort, why did you spend $2500 on a PC for no reason. when you could have got something just the same for your needs for $650. 53.78% of mac users got it cause its sweet looking and want to be diferent. not knowing or utilizing the benifits of the machines.

the normal Macs on the market and normal PC's cant be compared, yet for 1/2 the Mac cost you could build a PC just as fast and powerful. not to mention the software benifits. and if you continue to have problems with cirus' and pc security, then its operator error at this point. i have norton and it has kept me ultra clean, $40/yr it auto updates and scans everyday, i never have problems, if you cant browse without infecting yourself, you should get offline.

which leaves the benifits of the mac pretty minimal especially for the price tag attached.

its kinda like buying a porsche for your 16 yr old son to learn to drive on. "why?"

if i were a rich man, i would likely still buy a PC, just for the ease of finding software to "try out" and so on. i would probably own a mac to do video editing and dvd burning on..... but thats probably it.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='mongoloido' post='233388' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:22 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:32 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Wild Oats = Dorothy Lane Market?

(never heard of wild oats, Dorothy Lane Market has a couple grocery stores in the Dayton area)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trust me when I say from a developers perspective MS does things alot better than most. Do they have their faults? Sure, but who doesnt?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233425' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:44 PM']Is Wild Oats = Dorothy Lane Market?

(never heard of wild oats, Dorothy Lane Market has a couple grocery stores in the Dayton area)[/quote]

I dunno Own....

Is your [url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Wild+Oats+store&btnG=Google+Search"]Google[/url] broken?

:lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

Try it!

B)

Guest starkesn

[quote name='Kool Keith' post='233446' date='Mar 17 2006, 12:30 AM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233425' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:44 PM']

Is Wild Oats = Dorothy Lane Market?

(never heard of wild oats, Dorothy Lane Market has a couple grocery stores in the Dayton area)[/quote]

I dunno Own....

Is your [url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Wild+Oats+store&btnG=Google+Search"]Google[/url] broken?

:lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

Try it!

B)
[/quote]

Yes they are about the same. I have been to both and definatly prefer Jungle Jim's over both of them.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:32 AM'][quote name='Ben' post='233005' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:26 PM']

[/quote]

And Apple stole stuff from Xerox for the Mac...so? The whole industry steals and inbreeds.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Mac if someone gave it to me. I just can't see spending that much money on a machine. I would even try the Mac Os on a pc...anyone ever check out [url="http://osx86project.org/"]osx86project.org[/url]?

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='233805' date='Mar 17 2006, 03:57 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:32 AM']

[/quote]

And Apple stole stuff from Xerox for the Mac...so? The whole industry steals and inbreeds.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Mac if someone gave it to me. I just can't see spending that much money on a machine. I would even try the Mac Os on a pc...anyone ever check out [url="http://osx86project.org/"]osx86project.org[/url]?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:32 AM'][quote name='Ben' post='233005' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:26 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

And MS-DOS was stolen as well.... I know the history. Your right eveyone steels from each other. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233807' date='Mar 17 2006, 01:58 PM'][quote name='Montana Bengal' post='233805' date='Mar 17 2006, 03:57 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:32 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And MS-DOS was stolen as well.... I know the history. Your right eveyone steels from each other. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]
[/quote]

If I was more happy with one of my papers then I'd post it here. I wrote it last semester about mythical constructs with Microsoft and Apple. Basically it boiled down to Apple doing a better job by defining themselves mythically and as something seperate than the machine. In the end they are always a part of that machine, but they like having a 'bad guy' somewhere.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='233825' date='Mar 17 2006, 04:12 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233807' date='Mar 17 2006, 01:58 PM']
[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='233805' date='Mar 17 2006, 03:57 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='233008' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:32 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I was more happy with one of my papers then I'd post it here. I wrote it last semester about mythical constructs with Microsoft and Apple. Basically it boiled down to Apple doing a better job by defining themselves mythically and as something seperate than the machine. In the end they are always a part of that machine, but they like having a 'bad guy' somewhere.
[/quote]

"mythical constructs"....ha...it is almost a religon for them isnt it?

See to me its all about the people who will be programming software to run on your OS as a great OS means nothing without a slew of great software. And MS does a 10 billion times better job than Apple of documenting their way of things than Apple does. Hell just look at their developer sites. Apple is comming along in this area, but they still arent where MS is.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='233923' date='Mar 17 2006, 07:06 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='233877' date='Mar 17 2006, 05:09 PM']
"mythical constructs"....ha...it is almost a religon for them isnt it?[/quote]

Steve Jobs = L. Ron Hubbard

Bill Gates = Xenu

All hail Xenu.
[/quote]

:lol:

Archived